• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
713 replies to this topic | 3,147 praises

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm quite pleasantly surprised by the paternity leave.

What are yours?
Mercs praised this
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Priority for hdb for couples with kids and paternity leave, both could be helpful..

Don't understand how useful is medisave for kids, coz it;s our own pocket money after all..
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like the idea of giving priority to couples who have kids to purchase HDB flats. It does make sense...those who have kids need the flat more.

Some couples may not like that, but for quickly getting a flat, I think they will do it.

Also for those who are singles, seems like he is hinting that they too could buy new HDB soon instead of just the resale market. Good news for singles and at the same time, moderate down resale prices.

Edited by Icedbs, 26 August 2012 - 10:29 PM.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like the idea of giving priority to couples who have kids to purchase HDB flats. It does make sense...those who have kids need the flat more.

Some couples may not like that, but for quickly getting a flat, I think they will do it.

However, for those who are singles, seems like he is hinting that they too could buy new HDB soon instead of just the resale market. Good news for singles.

Yes I support this initiative of couple with kids. It's a real need and HDB has the power to do it

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I like PM for very brave to correct people wrong mindset and attitudes in 1 part of his speech.

&

I also like PM quote " nothing comes from heaven"

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

another brainwash session...trying to salvage the situation

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I like PM for very brave to correct people wrong mindset and attitudes in 1 part of his speech.

&

Totally agree. Nothing is free. Something need to be pay for another thing.

I kind of like this year's Rally. More real, more down to earth.

I sense the garment is waking up to listen to the people's woes

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I too, like some of the points touched. Apart from those mentioned in earlier post. I also like the part about being more big hearted to not just foreigners but also towards fellow Singaporeans eg. among neighbours, etc.

Edited by Silver_blade, 26 August 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Missed the rally. Anywhere to watch again?
Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Priority for hdb for couples with kids and paternity leave, both could be helpful..

Don't understand how useful is medisave for kids, coz it;s our own pocket money after all..

Maybe they will put $$ into the kids' medisave accounts? Match $1 to $1 from the parents?

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ohhhh...how thoughtful.

But when it reminds me that they have a motive behind this I can hardly give a damn....that's me. If you are touched by those words...well, what can I say?
Too much to think about...

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Missed the rally. Anywhere to watch again?

Where else? xinmsn, catch up tv lor. Have to wait til tomorrow for them to upload.
Too much to think about...

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It was meh for me. Now to see what is gonna happen afte the rally
Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There are a percentage of babies born with complications, or are impaired with complications soon after delivery. The medical costs can hit up to hundreds of thousands. As private insurers will never insure newborns with condition, it is non-claimable.

New policies seem to include measures brought up to encompass such sad cases with medisave medishield, and this will help prevent moral families from plunging into financial dispair

Give credit when it's due.

The post election government has done well this time, much better in fact.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Tatty
  • Tatty
    Banned

A lot of stuff will only take place not this year
Most before 2020

Same thing year after year
With a few things added in

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Kyrios
  • Kyrios
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Most of it were good..except for the portions which said Singaporeans were nasty in their online posts abt FTs..we are ... at fault again..not the FTs' fault... bigcry.gif

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I've always like watching the N Day rallies, this year no different. I like the PM, on/off bitching aside. But yeah, implementation is the key. Like Punggol development, talk talk talk for years then do.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    Supercharged
    Author Image

&

His father famous quote is "Nothing is free in this World". Both quotes carry the same meaning.

When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

married with no kids=entitled to 3 rm HDB only
marriedn with 1 kid=entitled to 4 rm
2 kids and above 5 rm and executive.

my thoughts on what could have been done

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

Crxzc
  • Crxzc
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

let the kid enjoy their childhood,look at the children in spore,they really poor thing,parents prepare them for class before primay 1 haiz,the other intresting point is housing for single,its going to shake the ppty market,if single can buy new flat from HDB,it will further push down the current resale HDB price,its getting too hot for HDB resale price right now,to some extend prviate ppty.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users