National Day Rally. What are your thoughts?

Donut

married with no kids=entitled to 3 rm HDB only

marriedn with 1 kid=entitled to 4 rm

2 kids and above 5 rm and executive.

my thoughts on what could have been done

↡ Advertisement

let the kid enjoy their childhood,look at the children in spore,they really poor thing,parents prepare them for class before primay 1 haiz,the other intresting point is housing for single,its going to shake the ppty market,if single can buy new flat from HDB,it will further push down the current resale HDB price,its getting too hot for HDB resale price right now,to some extend prviate ppty.

then those who have only 1 kid may not want to have another kid. and 3 rm may be too small if grandparents wants to stay in. these are directly opposing the pro-family policies that govt have been promoting for so many years.

Most of it were good..except for the portions which said Singaporeans were nasty in their online posts abt FTs..we are ... at fault again..not the FTs' fault... [bigcry]

precisely. who was the one that called us dogs? they always conveniently forgets these things.

anyway for those who think that the post election govt is doing better, it is better because there were competition this time with the loss of a GRC and hence they putting in greater effort. if it was like last time, just two opposition, dun think we will be seeing all these changes. this is evident that they need to be put on their toes.

let the kid enjoy their childhood,look at the children in spore,they really poor thing,parents prepare them for class before primay 1 haiz,the other intresting point is housing for single,its going to shake the ppty market,if single can buy new flat from HDB,it will further push down the current resale HDB price,its getting too hot for HDB resale price right now,to some extend prviate ppty.

push down resale prices and at the same time give the singles a place for their romps which will in turn boost the total fertility rate. Good move [laugh]

Supercharged

push down resale prices and at the same time give the singles a place for their romps which will in turn boost the total fertility rate. Good move [laugh]

Not true, the singles may just have their fun and don't want commitment.

I worry such a move will encourage more singles to remain single since there is no disadvantage anymore to be remain single!

Supercharged

Aren't couple with kid already a priority for HDB flat,,, :huh:

Not true. Only first time applicant has priority. Have kid or no kid not a priority.

I'm quite pleasantly surprised by the paternity leave.

What are yours?

Nothing to think about....

Every year same thing, always asked citizen to sacrificed and be prepared...... :ph34r:

At one portion of the speech "he mentioned that revenue from reserve through investment received S$8 billion per year, 4 times more than COE collection"... :blink:

So why still have COE?

Talking on housing, gov will do more and their more is in today ST, built more HDB flats that all, never mentioned that new hdb price will cut by 50% with immediate effect & living space increase back to the 80's design... [:(]

That is so North Korea. You might as well move over there and have everything assigned to you. [rolleyes]

Edited by Watwheels

Overall is not a bad speech and policies but there is always unknown T&C when implemented. One thing he refuse to touch on is the rise in flat price VS salary. HDB is supposed to be public housing and not to make investment. The current trend will only wipe out all your CPF and no saving in the CPF. I think the main reason for the lack in baby is the overall cost of living.

if u am a low income I will not be able to benefit from te Baby bonus dollar for dollar scheme as I will not have balance cah to deposit into the account anyway. I think they are steering away from the real problem. Highe standard of living is always welcome but must be at a pace where MOST of the citizens can enjoy and not struggle.

Just my 2 cents.