Want to buy medical insurance but ....

Ysc3

that is true. When I signed up for my health insurance policy from posb, the agent kept asking me if I want to include this cover, that cover..safeguard from this and that. And after some calculations, I realized that if I did all that, the premium would be in the thousands! Still i think mine is one of the cheapest compared to the ones my friends have. Personally i believe there's only so much 'insurance' you can get for life..the rest you have to play by ear.

↡ Advertisement

why is this so ? its different companies ?

You can only have one health insurance policy from any one of the 5 insurers at any one time. If you sign up for a new health shield plan from another insurer, your old one will be automatically terminated. From understanding, your supremehealth plan(not talking about Totalshield) currently has no exclusions. Hence, you have to check whether your healthshield plan included HBP as an exclusion and (you may have accidentally signed it or misled into it) . If so, once your HealthShield plan goes into effect, your GE supremehealth will be terminated and the exclusions will be on HBP. Even if you complain to the insurer saying you have been misled, and wants to go back to GE's Supremehealth with no exclusion on HBP, GE has the right to impose the exclusions now since it will now be a pre-existing illness.

You can only have one health insurance policy from any one of the 5 insurers at any one time. If you sign up for a new health shield plan from another insurer, your old one will be automatically terminated. From understanding, your supremehealth plan(not talking about Totalshield) currently has no exclusions. Hence, you have to check whether your healthshield plan included HBP as an exclusion and (you may have accidentally signed it or misled into it) . If so, once your HealthShield plan goes into effect, your GE supremehealth will be terminated and the exclusions will be on HBP. Even if you complain to the insurer saying you have been misled, and wants to go back to GE's Supremehealth with no exclusion on HBP, GE has the right to impose the exclusions now since it will now be a pre-existing illness.

Agreed. I suggest you call up AIA now to check whether it was an exclusion. Exercise your freelook if possible. If not a complaint against such errant agents is a must. It is not the company dont get me wrong. There are bad sheeps in every company. Do so before your GE policy is terminated.

Neutral Newbie

i was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 6 years ago and have been on meds. (one pill a day).

bought a GE hospital policy b4 my disgnosis and when i got warded for another issue, the co-payment thing applied.

then my GE agent approached me and asked me to upgrade to their "100%" claim plan ... but required me to undergo medical tests which i have to pay for myself and not guarantee will accept my enrolment. so i refused to go for the med check and they rejected the proposal.

then my AIA agent came to see me one day and told me about their 100% claim plan and then filled up the proposal and told me will get back to me. Called me up the next day and told me that his office told him that NOBODY will cover me becoz of my HBP.

talked to an Aviva rep also ... and she also told me roughly the same thing ... pay more and and with exclusion.

best one was got a cold-call from another AIA agent about 2 months back ... said will try to see what he can do .... never heard from him again after i told him i got HBP.

so far have not had any sickness due to my HBP but it seems that insurance cos are very prudent nowadays with their selection of customers.

any ins cos out there willing to cover me ??

Last time was no life policy to cover HBP. BUT,Congratulation!! The good news is YES,now they're launched a new plan for 3 high(high blood,high cholesterol,and diabetes) and overweight.

You can try to do application for this latest plan.For more detail please call me, Zora - 0176057811

* I just help my friends to apply this new plan, she was only 26 years old, HBP. Many company was declined her case but now she get her first and only one protection since last month.

Twincharged

BTW, no update from TS?

Got... Here I am.... 4 years later...

I think someone read my message and got in touch with me and I cancelled my old policy and got a new one from him... 100% full coverage. I made the nec declarations and they accepted.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I think someone read my message and got in touch with me and I cancelled my old policy and got a new one from him... 100% full coverage. I made the nec declarations and they accepted.

So confirmed okay?

The last few posts were from concerned people who were worried that you might have gotten cheated.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Which insurer? Edited by Sabian

Twincharged
(edited)

So confirmed okay?

The last few posts were from concerned people who were worried that you might have gotten cheated.

ok ... according to my agent, my BP is under control and i am taking regular meds ... so they accepted.

when i went to CGH for sleep apnea test, they footed the bill and gave me an "angpow" also !!

Edited by Ysc3

Twincharged

ok ... according to my agent, my BP is under control and i am taking regular meds ... so they accepted.

when i went to CGH for sleep apnea test, they footed the bill and gave me an "angpow" also !!

Did you check if there is any exclusion? Cuz from what I know, normally if no exclusion or loading, there is no form to sign at all once you are accepted and coverage starts. Only when there is exclusions then you'll have to sign a conditional acceptance letter. It seems funny that you had to sign an acceptance form.

Twincharged

Did you check if there is any exclusion? Cuz from what I know, normally if no exclusion or loading, there is no form to sign at all once you are accepted and coverage starts. Only when there is exclusions then you'll have to sign a conditional acceptance letter. It seems funny that you had to sign an acceptance form.

i made the declaration on the application forms and since i have been paying to the insurer and getting receipts the past few years, i think should be ok ?

Supersonic

i made the declaration on the application forms and since i have been paying to the insurer and getting receipts the past few years, i think should be ok ?

I think what Nzy is saying is that you might have signed an acknowledgement saying that your HBP is excluded. This means if you have HBP, you can't claim for it.

Pay money sure no problem la.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Like what kusje mentioned, you might be covered for everything else except anything related to the heart/HBP. So you still covered fully for your sleep apnea test and you still pay premiums as usual. Better to check your policy documents to ensure that you really have no exclusions. But it has been 4 years already. I doubt you can do much about it anyway.

Which insurer?

He mentioned healthshield gold max in his previous posts, so should be AIA.

The real issue would b if you decide to claim medical hospitalization and if the insurer decides that it's HBP related would they still foot the bill..

If not they can simply refund the amount which you had paid and just say sorry you are not covered.

Twincharged

The real issue would b if you decide to claim medical hospitalization and if the insurer decides that it's HBP related would they still foot the bill..

If not they can simply refund the amount which you had paid and just say sorry you are not covered.

how to tell ?

my agent told me they accepted without exclusions.

Supersonic

If he did sign the exclusion letter, there won't even be a refund.

how to tell ?

Check what you signed lor. The policy and the acknowledgement letter.

how to tell ?

if a policy has any exclusions, the insurer will provide a conditional acceptance letter that you (policyholder) must sign. If no, means no exclusion lor 

↡ Advertisement