Car rental for P plate drivers?

Newdrive

Hi guys,

hope you don't shoot me... afterall, most of you been through this same stage as me.

although I got quite a comfortable pay and should afford my own car but too bad i got some outstanding loans to pay off now hence dun have enough funds to own a car but very much want to rent a car over the weekends to practise my driving and parking without paying for a car of my own + other expenses on monthly basis.

I found the below car rental companies willing to rent out their cars to P plate drivers:

Neo resources - Located at Macpherson

Dream car rental - Located at Paya Lebar

car-rentalsingapore.com - located at Ubi

96228978 (got the num here from one of the bros here in one of the rental thread) - contacted this person and found that they dun have a website but they are operating in Yishun

Any reviews and feedback for the above companies?

Also... anymore rental companies you can recommend to me that is willing to rent to P plate drivers? Preferably in the west so I can return my car easily....

Thanks alot!

↡ Advertisement

btw, I also understand the risk of paying the excesses in case I got into an accident or damage the car... what to do, what I can afford now is to rent a car and pray that I dun get into any accidents and damage the car.

I am not a reckless driver... given my age (32 this year), I know how to think haha... besides I dun want my license kana tongkang so fast.

(edited)

What are the charges for the car rental company located at Yishun?

Any particular type of car that you are looking for to rent?

i googled and found their online ad here but u need to sms them to check the rates:

http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Cars-Vehicle...QAdIdZ331182450

i am looking to rent a mazda 2 for practising... and also perhaps later a suzuki swift.

intend to look for a reliable company that wun give me problems (such as hidden cost or accuse me of damaging their cars etc)... cos i intend to rent every mth (1 weekend) to practise until i finally owns my own car.

Edited by Newdrive

You plan to buy a car within your 1 year P plate period? [:/] If not you can join those car sharing after your P plate period, so that you are easier to rent a car for practise.

You plan to buy a car within your 1 year P plate period? [:/] If not you can join those car sharing after your P plate period, so that you are easier to rent a car for practise.

not within my 1st year haha... i still have some loans to pay off before I can afford my own car. :)

but i scare if i dun practise... after 1 year i will be very afraid to go on road hehe. so intend to spent 1 weekend each month to practise for the next 1-2 years.

i can't join those car sharing club now since i am still on P plate... so car rental is the only way out for me nw :(

If i remember correctly their charges is about $75 per day( exclude weekend ).

the quote i got from the Yishun operation... they dun ask for deposit... charges $255 for mazda 2 for weekend (fri-mon) rental.

Neutral Newbie

not within my 1st year haha... i still have some loans to pay off before I can afford my own car. :)

but i scare if i dun practise... after 1 year i will be very afraid to go on road hehe. so intend to spent 1 weekend each month to practise for the next 1-2 years.

i can't join those car sharing club now since i am still on P plate... so car rental is the only way out for me nw :(

u looking for manual car to rent?

Neutral Newbie

the quote i got from the Yishun operation... they dun ask for deposit... charges $255 for mazda 2 for weekend (fri-mon) rental.

Weekend more expensive.

If you dont intend to buy car within 1st year, then after your P plate period, you should be able to join those car sharing. Cause cheaper than car rental as they allow to rent few hours only.

Actually dont drive for 1 year still ok la, should still be able to go on road. I remember when i got my licence, cause no car to drive and also cannot rent car, the 1st year i completely didnt drive. And only start to drive after that.

$255 actually also quite resonable.

its $15-30 more ex then some of those companies in my first post. but as long as they are reliable and dun give me problems/excuses to charge me more after i return car i dun mind paying slightly more.

If you dont intend to buy car within 1st year, then after your P plate period, you should be able to join those car sharing. Cause cheaper than car rental as they allow to rent few hours only.

Actually dont drive for 1 year still ok la, should still be able to go on road. I remember when i got my licence, cause no car to drive and also cannot rent car, the 1st year i completely didnt drive. And only start to drive after that.

haha i am suffering from newbie itch... the itch to start driving on the road (not speeding lah haha)

yeah i saw the pricing for the car sharing program... its much cheaper and pay as you use.

hmm i dun know leh... i feel rusty when i dun drive for a while... cos i attempted 3 TP before passing on my 3rd attempt... then on 2nd attempt i got 2 months nvr drive then went for practise... tends to be rusty.