New Thomson Line MRT

Mockngbrd

Neutral Newbie

Havent seem the full line....is there a station near Thomson Grand?

When i went to view it, the agents kept saying that the new MRT will be just at TG doorstep

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i esp like the interview with the old ah ma standing in front of her bungalow along robin road ... "maam, where will you go now" ... "i go stay with my daughter at nassim road" ... fwaaaaaaaah

my fren brought 2 units at Thomson V2.....guess the upper thomson station nearby will boast rental and crowd we hope so.

The RA theatre gone liao...ah pek needs for find new location sob sob.... [bigcry]

Think the area does not have any RA theatre liao. Last time across the road still have another RA theatre, but later close down. Wonder where can those ah pek go?! [:/]

why bad idea leh? Can elaborate a bit?

I am not an expert in the field of logistics and transport but I think that a mega interchange quantify as a hub. Hubs grants convenience since it is a one stop concept. However, it also increase human traffic (at the hub itself) because of commuters who want to switch from NS to EW, EW to TS and other permutations.

I believe that a station's passenger loading can be quantified by empirical parameters such as escalator throughput, no. of escalators, no. of turnstiles, turnstile throughput etc.

My point is why should we stress a single station passenger loading capacity to the point of being amenable simply for the matter of convenience? We could and should dismantle such mega interchanges and disperse them across a few stations.

Turbocharged

I am not an expert in the field of logistics and transport but I think that a mega interchange quantify as a hub. Hubs grants convenience since it is a one stop concept. However, it also increase human traffic (at the hub itself) because of commuters who want to switch from NS to EW, EW to TS and other permutations.

I believe that a station's passenger loading can be quantified by empirical parameters such as escalator throughput, no. of escalators, no. of turnstiles, turnstile throughput etc.

My point is why should we stress a single station passenger loading capacity to the point of being amenable simply for the matter of convenience? We could and should dismantle such mega interchanges and disperse them across a few stations.

imo, a mega station would improve the values of the surrounding properties. if you disperse the added value brought about by a mega station via many stations, you will be sacrificing that added value.

i'm sure they have redevelopment plans for the area in one way or another and this will be the first step ...

So many lines opening, how COE going to come down in the next few years ... [sweatdrop]

By the time these mrt lines open, should be at least 10 years later. Dont think COE will stay at current level for the next 10 years la.

imo, a mega station would improve the values of the surrounding properties. if you disperse the added value brought about by a mega station via many stations, you will be sacrificing that added value.

i'm sure they have redevelopment plans for the area in one way or another and this will be the first step ...

what should be the foremost priority in the minds of transport planners?

(edited)

Pearl Center got massage meh? where? srsly i never see any... at most only got food court

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

what should be the foremost priority in the minds of transport planners?

property values :P

this is how I would see it (but I'm biased, since I work in real estate investments):

-build a mega station

-all surrounding buildings go up in value

-unused land now commands a premium

-sell unused land to developers, who develop the area, citing close proximity to "mega-station"

-???

-profit

That's provided the commuters come out of the station. If all they do is to switch trains, then there is no benefit.

Turbocharged

That's provided the commuters come out of the station. If all they do is to switch trains, then there is no benefit.

thats why you gotta follow the steps. build the station and then develop the surrounding area.

developing the surrounding area into a mix of commercial / residential = people coming out of mrt ma.

sure there will be people using it to switch trains, this is why the master zoning plan is key :D

Property prices along this line confirm go up & up. Expect the roti prata price to inflat.

the prata will close down n crystal jade will take over lor... inflation here we cum!

6662untitled.JPG

TSL seemingly run parallel to portion of NSL could be a rather redundant, more non-decentralized move imho.

Another East West bound via Woodlands thereabout would be more appropriate easing up load on EWL.

maybe CBD will soon expand its boundaries since Central will be added extra crowd? haiz..

TSL seemingly run parallel to portion of NSL could be a rather redundant, more non-decentralized move imho.

Another East West bound via Woodlands thereabout would be more appropriate easing up load on EWL.

maybe CBD will soon expand its boundaries since Central will be added extra crowd? haiz..

i hope they build a woodlands commercial centre at woodlands south station, there seems to be a lot of free land there for expansion.

however, if they are going to expand cbd into marina centre and just build residential in the north, there is no decentralisation. there will still be a bottleneck between the heartlands and the cbd. i dont know, maybe this is what they want? by creating articifical bottlenecks, ie shortages, price will go up?

honestly, i am not hopeful

↡ Advertisement