Golf

Noctis

I used to play at least once every month. Now maybe once every 3 months.

Got my handicap about 6 years ago, now maintaining at golf Kakis.

↡ Advertisement

er......i use driver no.1 lol

19th hole not use the one in your pants meh????................. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

on the side note..............a 3 wood would have beaten you........ [:p]

go get yourself a proper Pro to teach you..........get the basic right and stick to it.............don't listen too much to all the tips and advice given by others...... [cool] [cool] [cool]

good advice. And after developing a repeatable/consistent swing, go for club fitting [thumbsup]

go get yourself a proper Pro to teach you..........get the basic right and stick to it.............don't listen too much to all the tips and advice given by others...... [cool] [cool] [cool]

+1 totally agree

it's best to learn from a professional golf training school and proceed from there. otherwise once learn the wrong strokes/tips, end up stuck with it and harder to change.

Some training school teach short swings first (eg pitch, 1/2 swing, etc). then lustly the full swing using driver.... some school start with driver hmmmm

most beginner love to start with driver and see ball fly far

19th hole not use the one in your pants meh????................. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

on the side note..............a 3 wood would have beaten you........ [:p]

yup. that's the "driver"....screw type ma. [lipsrsealed]

good advice. And after developing a repeatable/consistent swing, go for club fitting [thumbsup]

i have gone through that route lah..........most of the time ppl who love to give advice cannot even break 90...........worst till some playing 3 numbers (over 100) love to give advice in the range............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

+1 totally agree

it's best to learn from a professional golf training school and proceed from there. otherwise once learn the wrong strokes/tips, end up stuck with it and harder to change.

Some training school teach short swings first (eg pitch, 1/2 swing, etc). then lustly the full swing using driver.... some school start with driver hmmmm

most beginner love to start with driver and see ball fly far

totally agree!!!!

but it is normal lah..............i think it happens to every beginner.............myself included............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

totally agree!!!!

but it is normal lah..............i think it happens to every beginner.............myself included............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

same here too.

whenever hear the "ping" sound of titanium driver hit the ball, it sounded so sweeeeeeeeeet....................................then the ball went into water :angry:

Interesting! Where are you learning? And how much is your coach? I'm also a teenager and am looking to pick it up, but all my Friends around me know how to play Liao. :( so I must pick up the ropes from start before I can play course with them

As beginner, my advice is for you to get the cheapest second golf club set (i got mine for $80 all nine irons, driver, S/W on ebay) and practice your swing techniques at the range. I usually go to MBGC and 100 balls usually costs around $10 during non-peak timings. Parking is free too.

I didn't sign up with a coach/instructor; basically just learnt the foundations from a friend who has been playing for a while. Youtube has some good videos on getting the perfect swing, teaching you how to make use of the different irons etc.

Next step is for you to attain either a handicap or complete a competency/proficiency test which allows you to play in the green.

For more advance tips i'll leave it to the pros lurking somewhere in this forum. Golf pros, feel free to correct me if i've left something out. Still a beginner though.

same here too.

whenever hear the "ping" sound of titanium driver hit the ball, it sounded so sweeeeeeeeeet....................................then the ball went into water :angry:

when I was hitting 250-260m on the driver.............i always come back with "100 Plus"............because always have to go there drop a ball and play 4........... [:p] ............when i play 80s............never able to hit more than 230m............ [laugh] [laugh]

Twincharged

+1 totally agree

yup ... go to a school, try not to be swayed by those individual "freelance" instructors.

last time got to know one ... ended up the fella only want to hustle us for money.

Neutral Newbie

School? Which do you guys recommend? I went on google and got a list of schools, which in your opinion is decent? [wave] [wave]

yup ... go to a school, try not to be swayed by those individual "freelance" instructors.

last time got to know one ... ended up the fella only want to hustle us for money.

yah...............I also wonder how can anyone start playing after just 10 lessons???............. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

School? Which do you guys recommend? I went on google and got a list of schools, which in your opinion is decent? [wave] [wave]

i think OCC there's a school, and JCC has a school (gary player). angmo coaches if not wrong. or rather most clubs may have golf classes

saw a group of teens at the school, a couple of students even use their club (my guess 7 iron) to bounce ball on club like tiger woods [cool]

Twincharged

yah...............I also wonder how can anyone start playing after just 10 lessons???............. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

i used to play just for leisure only ... so will go to EGC once a week.

but later got the coffee handicap, then go to clubs to play ... but you know lah ....??

anyway, gave up the sport a few years already ... now my 2.5 sets are sitting in my store room collecting dust and rust ... i cannot tahan the sun anymore also.

i think OCC there's a school, and JCC has a school (gary player). angmo coaches if not wrong. or rather most clubs may have golf classes

saw a group of teens at the school, a couple of students even use their club (my guess 7 iron) to bounce ball on club like tiger woods [cool]

I think Gary player at JCC was long gone liao............the last I knew taken over by a thai golf school.........not sure if still there or not.

The one in OCC ( Australia swing ) sld still be there........I used to take lessons from the head pro Chris.............who happen to be the head pro for singapore sports school..........not sure if he is still there.........but their swing is very different from the American swing........

i used to play just for leisure only ... so will go to EGC once a week.

but later got the coffee handicap, then go to clubs to play ... but you know lah ....??

anyway, gave up the sport a few years already ... now my 2.5 sets are sitting in my store room collecting dust and rust ... i cannot tahan the sun anymore also.

I hit my first golf ball off the range in EGC ............ [laugh] [laugh]

I also started as leisure...............and became addicted.........once even play 3 times a week for almost a year..........golf bag...shoes.... clothing and Passport always in the car...........phone ring only sure in the course................lol........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement