Golf

Noctis

Twincharged

I hit my first golf ball off the range in EGC ............ [laugh] [laugh]

I also started as leisure...............and became addicted.........once even play 3 times a week for almost a year..........golf bag...shoes.... clothing and Passport always in the car...........phone ring only sure in the course................lol........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

i started at the OCC range ... and was pretty interested in the game then ... before i got my car. so everytime got to sit ppl car and felt quite paiseh also ... but after i got my car, for a very short while, i was like you but i slowly stopped playing. ironic ??

↡ Advertisement

i started at the OCC range ... and was pretty interested in the game then ... before i got my car. so everytime got to sit ppl car and felt quite paiseh also ... but after i got my car, for a very short while, i was like you but i slowly stopped playing. ironic ??

I stopped because of my bad back................but soon going to be in the course again..........let's arrange a game...........if you don't like the sun we can start with evening 9 holes........... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

I think Gary player at JCC was long gone liao............the last I knew taken over by a thai golf school.........not sure if still there or not.

The one in OCC ( Australia swing ) sld still be there........I used to take lessons from the head pro Chris.............who happen to be the head pro for singapore sports school..........not sure if he is still there.........but their swing is very different from the American swing........

oh. i went classes at Gary player back in 1997?

after the lessons, happened to know a chiobu also beginner golfer and she drives (i didnt that time)

so she would picked me and go golfing, lunching, etc (mandai executive course - truly for real beginners, and we went batam, bintan, desaru..oops better not go too detail here)

Was pretty active, almost weekly. in sg and nearby golf courses. But gave up golfing after a while for many reasons (excuses [:p] )

- played for leisure nia..so not much improvement

- after settled down, no time for golfing

- switched job, hard to catch up with golfing kakis

after the lessons, happened to know a chiobu also beginner golfer and she drives (i didnt that time)

so she would picked me and go golfing, lunching, etc (mandai executive course - truly for real beginners, and we went batam, bintan, desaru..oops better not go too detail here)

Was pretty active, almost weekly. in sg and nearby golf courses. But gave up golfing after a while for many reasons (excuses [:p] )

hmmmmmm...............chio bu go golfing together..............no wonder you started with 19th hole.........hole in one..............this one you win liao........ [laugh] [laugh]

want to pick it back???............ [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Naughty naughty :wub:

most beginner love to start with driver and see ball fly far

i am one of the rare exceptions... i loved doing lob shots with the 60/64deg open face [:)] [:)] But not when i was at beginner stage lah.

Never quite like driver altho my driving was alright. And usually only 10 balls with driver during range.

i really hated putting.

but u know what they say... drive for show, putt for dough ($).

Supercharged

I used to golf too. And still play once a blue moon

Learned at Toa Payoh range from licensed coach, some years back. And uses to practice at Bishan range, Toa Payoh range, OCC. My usual golf course was Palm Resort JB. Member there but recently give it up due to non playing

I didn't get a handicap. Pls don't ask me for my average score. Embaressing to say

Still have my full set. I'm been thinking of getting to the game, restart at mandai exec course.

Anyone keen to join, just PM me. No hustlers hor. Will come back here and ban that bugger right away. Lol

Neutral Newbie

Learned at Toa Payoh range from licensed coach, some years back. And uses to practice at Bishan range, Toa Payoh range, OCC. My usual golf course was Palm Resort JB. Member there but recently give it up due to non playing

I didn't get a handicap. Pls don't ask me for my average score. Embaressing to say

Still have my full set. I'm been thinking of getting to the game, restart at mandai exec course.

Anyone keen to join, just PM me. No hustlers hor. Will come back here and ban that bugger right away. Lol

Will keep you in mind when I have gone through training. ^_^

hmmmmmm...............chio bu go golfing together..............no wonder you started with 19th hole.........hole in one..............this one you win liao........ [laugh] [laugh]

want to pick it back???............ [cool]

No chiobu golf kaki now [:(]

but seriously, hard to find time for golfing now with all other commitments [knife]

i am one of the rare exceptions... i loved doing lob shots with the 60/64deg open face [:)] [:)] But not when i was at beginner stage lah.

Never quite like driver altho my driving was alright. And usually only 10 balls with driver during range.

i really hated putting.

Agree on that part.

Drive is only about 5~10% importance, putting is at least 70%

my case is exactly like yours [laugh]

the 3 courses in palm resort JB are not so difficult to play.

Octville and Porasia are tougher

And Desaru was cow grass and many Out of bound areas (didnt count how many golf balls i lost there :x)

But i dont recommend mandai exec course. cos too short distance (only for 1st or 2nd timer that's it, imho).

Can simply use 7or 5 iron for tee off (no chance to use long clubs)

Edited by Sunny

+1 totally agree

it's best to learn from a professional golf training school and proceed from there. otherwise once learn the wrong strokes/tips, end up stuck with it and harder to change.

Some training school teach short swings first (eg pitch, 1/2 swing, etc). then lustly the full swing using driver.... some school start with driver hmmmm

most beginner love to start with driver and see ball fly far

Cant even sweep the mat properly wan to use driver.... [laugh] beginner shld jus stick to a Iron 7..master it, gain speed then move to driver...I hv not seen a beginner that can drive a ball on the rubber tee at range...if they can, they are really gifted....

Supercharged

my case is exactly like yours [laugh]

the 3 courses in palm resort JB are not so difficult to play.

Octville and Porasia are tougher

And Desaru was cow grass and many Out of bound areas (didnt count how many golf balls i lost there :x)

But i dont recommend mandai exec course. cos too short distance (only for 1st or 2nd timer that's it, imho).

Can simply use 7or 5 iron for tee off (no chance to use long clubs)

i rem i got my PC in Octville. [laugh][laugh] i rem the course was quite dangerous. got criss cross.....

short distance is v impt leh. most of the time, you are playing short distance on the course. if i can master all the short distance strokes, i win the game liao.....

Do golfers have their fav club?

my fav would be the pitch club

60deg lob wedge by Vokey, changed to a Golf Pride mid-size grip. :wub:

i really hated putting.

dangerous shot..........you single player???............

hate putting???.................if you cannot putt most of the time you would not be in contention............I have a buddy who is very good in his long game and irons...........but simply cannot putt............. regulation on is what we love to see............because sure end up at least a bogey or double......... he hate it so much that he later always play from outside green..............chip near for a given...............[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I used to play alot until my bad back..............now recovering and hopefully to play again soon.............was member of Palm resort also...........but also gave up....

in golf ........score is only part of it.........etiquette is equally if not more important..........i have played with singles who don't know rules with bad etiquette...............in fact i enjoy playing with ppl who behave in the course than those looking only at the score.............

EGC is more for real beginners or a little walk.............a better place would be the par three course at NSRCC..........on some days may need to use all irons...........sometimes up to 3............

once I start playing again i contact you ok............... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement