Tour to Dalian China

Roverboy

going to Dalian China at end of Oct with wife and kid, cos wife got business trip there.

any advise? like where is to visit, anything to avoid?

1st time going China.

↡ Advertisement

I was in Dalian for a biz trip a few years ago. Didn't manage to any touristy stuff but I enjoyed my few days there. Clean place, as they learnt a lot from Sgp government. Good seafood, but ask around to eat, eat where the local eat. Sorry cant give much info, just wanna tell u it's nice and clean. :D

Turbocharged

Sibeh sian. Got stranded at Shanghai Pudong for another 6 hours till the next flight

Was depending on the app for updates on the flight times, and there were delays...but the time comes to goto the gate, the lady said the plane flown off already.

Sibeh sian. Got stranded at Shanghai Pudong for another 6 hours till the next flight

Was depending on the app for updates on the flight times, and there were delays...but the time comes to goto the gate, the lady said the plane flown off already.

I had been travelling within China using HSR.

Beijing -> Shanghai on the dot arrival time.

Turbocharged

I had been travelling within China using HSR.

Beijing -> Shanghai on the dot arrival time.

Ya, told my boss next trip try that.

Ya, told my boss next trip try that.

Beijing to Shanghai takes 4hr 15 mins. Some more only need to arrive 30 mins beforehand.

It is a safer bet than Flight.

Literally kena pang Peh kee !!!!!!!!

Now I know how the Hokien term came about

• Praise 1

At least you are in the AIRPORT and not in the PLANE for 6 hours!  Happened to me late last year flying out of Pudong. 6 hours in the plane, before it took off!

Turbocharged

Literally kena pang Peh kee !!!!!!!!

Now I know how the Hokien term came about

Lol ya.. then in the domestic flight dunno I suay or what.. kenna many air turbulence machiam like sit in the old 70s SBS bus

At least you are in the AIRPORT and not in the PLANE for 6 hours! Happened to me late last year flying out of Pudong. 6 hours in the plane, before it took off!

6 hours!

Must be super tulan. Hot and cramped..

thats china for you. incredible delays in the airport.

Funny part, the app initially showed flight delayed in 2 separate occasions, then the final round it actually showed half hour early.

Knn had to run to the gate when we saw that.

Still too late.

Victim of the app.. lesson learnt...old school watching the TV for flight info is still the best

Twincharged

I have not step into China for years but I really love to.

From friends who had recently visited, there is a remarkable transformation.

Cashless society - even elderly were using electronic payment in the market

their infra-structure projects - built at breakneck speed and some very cutting edge innovation

their e-commerce  - compare alibaba and amazon 

logistic - earlier years I was impressed with DHL and the likes of Fedex but today SF Express an overnight sensation expanding beyond believe

China would be the No 1 economy, it is not if but when. Goldman Sach reported in the near future India would be No 2 economy while USA the No 3 economy in the world around 2030 (not sure of the exact year).

The point is a country with billions of people and size millions times bigger than Singapore, do we expect perfect or near perfection in their transportation system. 

If we compare ourselves to them, our trains are a joke especially when we consider the number of years already given to rectify the situation, investment in terms of money in upgrading but worse of all is not transparent such as withholding information on breakdowns and re-classifiying the way breakdowns are classified and so on.

The delays are inevitable, look at USA and Canada and most notorious are budget airlines.

Take it as part and parcel of traveling and make provisions, otherwise with every delay can be unbearable.

Some of my bucket list including visiting the many historical sites in China and taking the train to Tibet.

Wonderful if any brothers here can share their experience.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

At least you are in the AIRPORT and not in the PLANE for 6 hours! Happened to me late last year flying out of Pudong. 6 hours in the plane, before it took off!

I had once 5hr in plane at HK airport to fly to Ordos.

And this flight had less than 10 passengers only. Lucky it need fly back full flight of passengers from Ordos, if not I think it will cancel.

Edited by Tohto

I have not step into China for years but I really love to.

From friends who had recently visited, there is a remarkable transformation.

Cashless society - even elderly were using electronic payment in the market

their infra-structure projects - built at breakneck speed and some very cutting edge innovation

their e-commerce  - compare alibaba and amazon 

logistic - earlier years I was impressed with DHL and the likes of Fedex but today SF Express an overnight sensation expanding beyond believe

China would be the No 1 economy, it is not if but when. Goldman Sach reported in the near future India would be No 2 economy while USA the No 3 economy in the world around 2030 (not sure of the exact year).

The point is a country with billions of people and size millions times bigger than Singapore, do we expect perfect or near perfection in their transportation system. 

If we compare ourselves to them, our trains are a joke especially when we consider the number of years already given to rectify the situation, investment in terms of money in upgrading but worse of all is not transparent such as withholding information on breakdowns and re-classifiying the way breakdowns are classified and so on.

The delays are inevitable, look at USA and Canada and most notorious are budget airlines.

Take it as part and parcel of traveling and make provisions, otherwise with every delay can be unbearable.

Some of my bucket list including visiting the many historical sites in China and taking the train to Tibet.

Wonderful if any brothers here can share their experience.

In China, airspace is strictly controlled by PLA.

Twincharged

In China, airspace is strictly controlled by PLA.

I think it is fair to say, in any country, airspace is strictly controlled by the country's military or some government agency. Hence, China is no difference.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It can get really cold in dalian...

Last night was really cold. Was outside when it was -7 deg.. Wind chill was reported at -12 deg. Didn't bring enough.. had to buy winter wear from the malls

But the place is nice. Very organized and clean.. Got European feel.

↡ Advertisement