Camry suspension problem

Cyee_29

hi bros/sis, i need some advice for camry 2.4 suspension problem. about 2 months ago I started to notice a weird sound coming from the back left wheel. when my camry drove pass a hump or uneven road condition, the left back wheel would give out a 'klo-klo' sounds, and it had just got worse these few days. It feel as if the oil tanks gonna drop off!

I asked a friends who told me could be suspension problem. Any bros can give some advice ? Can I just drive to toyota and ask them to check ? And if it is suspension problem, how much it cost to replace it ?

thanks a lot

↡ Advertisement

hi bros/sis, i need some advice for camry 2.4 suspension problem. about 2 months ago I started to notice a weird sound coming from the back left wheel. when my camry drove pass a hump or uneven road condition, the left back wheel would give out a 'klo-klo' sounds, and it had just got worse these few days. It feel as if the oil tanks gonna drop off!

I asked a friends who told me could be suspension problem. Any bros can give some advice ? Can I just drive to toyota and ask them to check ? And if it is suspension problem, how much it cost to replace it ?

thanks a lot

If its shot, go to the stockist, buy the suspension for the rear, then head to your regular workshop to change. Far cheaper than BM

just another car, just another driver....also same problem.....

i went to a car workshop, requested him to go over hump....while i passenger.. hmmp.! turns out when i go over hump, i go too fast.... so will kok kok... issit correct..? cos when he drove over the hump...seems so stable and quiet....

Did mine ( 2L Camry., JDM) recently for abt $750/- (front 2 shocks only plus stopper).

I always leave it to the wshp to do everything, so it won

hmm this looks like a common problem on camry ... any bros/sis know good workshop in replacing/repair suspension for camry at affordable price, near jurong/bukit batok area?

many thanks

hmm this looks like a common problem on camry ... any bros/sis know good workshop in replacing/repair suspension for camry at affordable price, near jurong/bukit batok area?

many thanks

Camry's suspension are very tough already,usually these sound will come around 80k km...tear & wear occur on every car.

stock very soft

u can get KYB at veresamy road

Hi bro, can pass me the contact? Btw do normally ppl bring parts to WS and ask them to replace ? Feel like quite paiseh to do so ?

$750 is Hanip's price,they used the original parts,O.E.M. only costs about $400...

Isn't O.E.M already the original, Original Equipment Maker? Or there's something more original than OEM?

many thanks

I had the front two coils replaced last year when my 2.0 was below 3 years old. Mileage at that was around 30 plus thousand KM. So far all four are ok.

What's your mileage? Let us know how much after you've changed cos I think sooner or later I'll need it too. Thanks.

Hi bro, can pass me the contact? Btw do normally ppl bring parts to WS and ask them to replace ? Feel like quite paiseh to do so ?

http://www.yuenthong.com/kyb.html

remember u need to change the rest cups..etc inside front suspension as well if worn out

the shop beside has them, "connard " or something the name

Edited by Furrynadz

I had the front two coils replaced last year when my 2.0 was below 3 years old. Mileage at that was around 30 plus thousand KM. So far all four are ok.

What's your mileage? Let us know how much after you've changed cos I think sooner or later I'll need it too. Thanks.

hi bro, i havent changed, maybe this or next weekend, gotta find time for it, all WS closed after 6pm :(

mileage 59k ... not sure should change all 4 or just the rear absorbers. though now the sound seem to come from the rear wheels only

autosaver quoted $700 for rear absorbers, another forumer PM me for $500 ...

hi bro, i havent changed, maybe this or next weekend, gotta find time for it, all WS closed after 6pm :(

mileage 59k ... not sure should change all 4 or just the rear absorbers. though now the sound seem to come from the rear wheels only

autosaver quoted $700 for rear absorbers, another forumer PM me for $500 ...

change all 4

camry rear tend to go first, changed mine around 60k mark also

700 that price too much

KYB excelg should be 250-ish a corner

last time was 200

Isn't O.E.M already the original, Original Equipment Maker? Or there's something more original than OEM?

Almost the same except original got the word "TOYOTA" marked on the body,while O.E.M. marked the Mfg name like Koni or KYB.

My rough idea: Toyota does not manufacture shock absorbers. They use market brands such as KYB. So, if your Toyota originally comes with a KYB, then it is the OEM part.

OEM part is the most expensive. If you want a lower cost replacement, they will give brand B.

BTW shock absorbers/struts/coils are the same thing?

↡ Advertisement