Cyclist = King of road now?

Yeshe

Neutral Newbie

Ppl also 1 kind de. Red man for so long liao. When its green light for me, I expected him to return back to the pavement.

Bloody hell he just dash infront of me. I totally unexpected.

The biker on my left also brake. Lucky he never skid.

↡ Advertisement

Cyclist Kena pee pee by bus, cyclist comprain [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drin...ng-4102576.html

That video was taken from the Love Cycling SG facebook group. It was posted yesterday afternoon by the rider asking for advice to assist with her daily cycling commute as to why the bus honked at her. The honk by the bus is to say they are behind and they have their indicator on for the bus stop approaching. And seeing the posts on HWZ, the usual pathetic "hate cyclists" mantra has followed.

• Dislike 1

I wouldn't want to be in the dangerous position on bicycle even I have the right of way.

You will suffer badly and regret to stand firm on your R of way if you're knock down.

Think again.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Not sure if some kind souls can help with starting a new thread under "General" as i have some problems creating a new thread.

I had a accident on the 4th April around 1040 pm, Along Punggol Road slip road towards Jalan Kayu/ SLE/CTE.

I was on the extreme left filter lane (there were 2 lanes), and after checking clear i proceeded.

Suddenly a cyclist (Foreign worker , dark skinned either indian or bangadeshi, wearing a black tshirt with dark colored bottoms ) cycled acrossed the pedestrian crossing without checking.

He was going at a fast speed, cycling across and i could not react in time. Jammed brakes but still hit the rear wheel of the bicycle.

He fell and i believe sustained some injuries towards his wrist and foot.

I dialed for police and ambulance , statements were given and the case is still pending.

Would anyone happen to see the accident?

I have been prowling the net to search for other such incidents, however, all pointed to the fault of the driver.

Would really appreciate any advice from the seniors here.

http://injury.findlaw.com/car-accidents/bi...-accidents.html

http://srsc.org.sg/advisories/cyclists-bic...fety-accidents/

There are some articles which states that the cyclist should dismount before proceeding , however, i believe the TP would be aware of these rules and regulations as well.

Hi all,

Not sure if some kind souls can help with starting a new thread under "General" as i have some problems creating a new thread.

I had a accident on the 4th April around 1040 pm, Along Punggol Road slip road towards Jalan Kayu/ SLE/CTE.

I was on the extreme left filter lane (there were 2 lanes), and after checking clear i proceeded.

Suddenly a cyclist (Foreign worker , dark skinned either indian or bangadeshi, wearing a black tshirt with dark colored bottoms ) cycled acrossed the pedestrian crossing without checking.

He was going at a fast speed, cycling across and i could not react in time. Jammed brakes but still hit the rear wheel of the bicycle.

He fell and i believe sustained some injuries towards his wrist and foot.

I dialed for police and ambulance , statements were given and the case is still pending.

Would anyone happen to see the accident?

I have been prowling the net to search for other such incidents, however, all pointed to the fault of the driver.

Would really appreciate any advice from the seniors here.

http://injury.findlaw.com/car-accidents/bi...-accidents.html

http://srsc.org.sg/advisories/cyclists-bic...fety-accidents/

There are some articles which states that the cyclist should dismount before proceeding , however, i believe the TP would be aware of these rules and regulations as well.

1) Can you prove that the cyclist caused the accident?

2) Can you prove that you could not have done anything to prevent the accident?

3) Can you prove that the cyclist broke the law?

It can be proven that you did hit the cyclist and the cyclist did get injured from your hit and it happened at a pedestrian crossing.

Can you prove anything in your defence?

Neutral Newbie

Actually cyclist are suppose to dismount while they use the crossing. You might have a stronger case if you have a camera/witness.

Turbocharged

tis the weekend before ocbc cycle.... all the weekend warriors are cycling to work to catch up on mileage.

these guys generally obey traffic rules as most are drivers themselves, save for a few knuckleheads.

the ones on those motorised ones are the ones i find most dangerous, to drivers, themselves and pedestrians.

i dont know what they're thinking, but it appears they have a personal grudge against everything.... drivers, pedestrians, lta, tp, birds, cats, dogs, trees, rain, sun, their families.... every damn thing.

• Dislike 1

As much as I understand the complaints of cyclist for I am one myself , I still think that there is a point on motorists .

1. Vehicles or motorist observe road rules where the slower should let the faster ones go first , they do not have the right to hog the road. Same applies for cyclist which do not seem to follow this. Many of a time i don't see cyclist cycling to the side of the road for the faster moving vehicle to pass them . Instead they hog the road by sticking themselves to the middle of the lane.

2. I am a cyclist myself , I do understand the need for a longer cycling path but taking it on the roads where it is filled with lorries and trucks. The cyclist knowing that there are risk still insist on cycling on the road should accept that getting honk is a way for motorist to warn you. You cannot expect them shout at you ? At the end of the day irregardless whoever that is right , the cyclists know themselves who stands out to lose .

3. If cyclist think they have the rights to roads , why not cycle on the NSHW ? Even straighter ? No balls ? Why not demand your rights in boleh land ? I don't see people cycling there so to demand people to give them a right to cycle here is simply b-------t.

4. This might sound rude but i think this is what most drivers think . If you wanna claim you pay taxes , I too pay taxes and I believe I pay the same and more as compared to a cyclist which doesn't drive . So I think I got the right to rant as much as the bus driver has the right to honk.

Edited by CH_CO

Neutral Newbie

Those cycling in a big group are more dangerous,they beat red light,one lane is not enough for them as they want to overtake each others.This often can be seen at changi coaster road.

Those cycling in a big group are more dangerous,they beat red light,one lane is not enough for them as they want to overtake each others.This often can be seen at changi coaster road.

worst are always those ang mor cyclists... they cycle like they own the road. And when i say own, means they dont even obey rules.

I honked them before and i kena the middle finger.

• Praise 1

I came across a cyclist cycling in KPE tunnel! Haii!

Haha, this is champion Liao. Do u knw how hot is the tunnel?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Cyclist these days definitely king of the road.

Driving to Changi Village last Sunday, a group of more than 10 angmo cyclists were riding 3 to 4 abreast. What's more, they didn't even bother to stop at the red traffic lights.

true, these mindless (most polite word i can think of) people are everywhere. i always see them cycling on the road and totally disregard what is going on around them, no signal of them turning right or left or straight or overtake a BUS at BUS STOP!!!! (even i dont overtake a BUS stopping at bus stop recklessly, ... and especially the traffic lights which does not mean anything....

everyone are responsible on the roads, car drivers are responsible, so do cyclists.

If all of us takes the responsiblity on ourselves first, accidents will not happen.

In England where is studied, i dont hear of any problems at all during my 4 years..

only problem is bicycle kana stolen and u will find them in selling your bike in the 2nd hand store..

hahahaa :)

Edited by Pammie

Neutral Newbie

Cyclist these days definitely king of the road.

Driving to Changi Village last Sunday, a group of more than 10 angmo cyclists were riding 3 to 4 abreast. What's more, they didn't even bother to stop at the red traffic lights.

Yes seems like it.. Just buy a bicycle and ride along your neighborhood against the traffic as well.. Need to stir things up before the LTA will act upon it.. No joke!

Knn.... Nearly kana a reckless teenage boy cyclist along bedok reservoir road. Just continued cycling to catch up with a bunch of them and dash across red light. If knock down him, surely will hv stories saying he is obedient, helpful etc...

Supercharged

Becoming King of Road soon....

Panel submits recommendations for road cycling guidelines, decides against registration of bicycles

The panel tasked with reviewing regulations on road cycling to improve safety for both cyclists and motorists has decided against recommending registration of bicycles or cyclists. It instead recommended a rule to limit the group length of on-road cycling groups to five cyclists in a file, and proposed a new guideline in the Highway Code for a minimum distance of 1.5m for motorists passing cyclists on the roads

The Active Mobility Advisory Panel - which proposes regulations on the use of bicycles and personal mobility devices (PMD) in public spaces - submitted its report to Transport Minister S Iswaran on Friday (Oct 1). The 15-member panel - which is chaired by Minister of State for Home Affairs and National Development, Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim - said in its report that it had studied suggestions such as bicycle registration and licensing cyclists. 

“Overall, there is little evidence from overseas jurisdictions that such resource-intensive regimes are effective in deterring errant cycling, or enhancing road safety,” it said. Such measures could also discourage the take-up of cycling as well as “disproportionately affect more vulnerable groups of cyclists”, such as seniors and those who rely on bicycles for work and transport, the panel added. “Therefore, the Panel does not recommend introducing them at this juncture,” it said. Most places - including countries such as the Netherlands which is well-known for its cycling culture - do not impose such measures while those areas that do largely use such initiatives to deter theft and for insurance purposes, it noted. 

The panel instead “strongly encourages” cyclists to take up third-party liability insurance, which it noted can help provide compensation for victims of accidents, as well as protect cyclists from expensive claims.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/active-mobility-advisory-panel-recommendations-road-cycling-guidelines-against-bicycle-registration-2214741

↡ Advertisement