Scoot

I-LOVE-CARS

I swear I will never in my life ever touch scoot again.

Zero customer service, ridiculous business practice, no ethics at all.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Me friends took scoot back from Sydney and was told they are late and missed the flight. Needed to buy new tix.

They reached 3hrs before flight time and was told they should reach 4hrs before.

Really......,4 hrs?

this kind of case quite unbelieveable. never hear of 4hrs before departure.

only those flights with VIP onboard, need to do paxs screening 2-3 days before departure date.

Airlines will contact paxs directly or thru Agency.

Must also update paxs passport particulars into the Airlines system.

And need to check in Airport early

this kind of case quite unbelieveable. never hear of 4hrs before departure.

only those flights with VIP onboard, need to do paxs screening 2-3 days before departure date.

Airlines will contact paxs directly or thru Agency.

Must also update paxs passport particulars into the Airlines system.

And need to check in Airport early

really dont know who to point finger at.

soot or aussie airport?  Friend also commented the luggage went MIA and they have to look for it during the transition.

this AMDK is really 1 of the kind.  [shakehead]

In Canadian court, Scoot wins test case over lost luggage

Budget carrier Scoot has prevailed in a test case in a Canadian court that involved three passengers claiming C$2,000 (S$2,080) each over lost luggage.

While Scoot did not contest that the luggage was lost, it argued that the suit should not have been brought in Canada and contested the quantum of the claims. A Montreal court ruled in its favour last month.

The case hinged on the passengers' contention that because they booked their Hong Kong to Singapore flights through Internet access from their residence in Quebec, they in turn could sue Scoot there.

They said this meant the airline had "a place of business" in the country and therefore what is known as the Montreal International Convention applied.

The convention refers to a treaty signed by 127 countries, including Canada and Singapore, that governs airline liability in the event of loss, injury or death, among other things.

COMPUTER SERVERS

Scoot accepted that the convention applied but argued that the damages claim should have been lodged either at its home base of Singapore, its principal place of business, which is Asia, or in Australia, where it has its computer servers.

The three passengers claimed they could sue Scoot in any country that ratified the convention.

The Court of Quebec accepted that the tickets were bought in the province over the Internet but ruled that Scoot did not have a "place of business" there under the Montreal convention.

Quebec was also not the destination of the passengers for the segment of the trip referred in the suit.

"It might be logical to consider that since Scoot Airlines earns revenues through a sale made from an Internet access in Quebec, it should also be liable for its fault or negligence in the province of Quebec.

"However, this is not what the Montreal International Convention says," wrote Justice Marie Michelle Lavigne in decision grounds.

She added that the court would "be going too far" if it interpreted "place of business" as being the passengers' computer used to buy the tickets.

"The courts cannot rewrite the law. It is the... Montreal International Convention that should make the appropriate changes", she said.

There was also a dispute over the compensation amounts sought.

Each passenger demanded the maximum that can be claimed under the convention - C$2,000.

But they did not provide invoices for their personal goods, just a list of items lost, which the court noted "more than likely appears to have exceeded the amounts claimed".

The judge dismissed the passengers' case without costs.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/canadian-court-scoot-wins-test-case-over-lost-luggage

Maybe Tumi bags ...  <_< 

• Praise 2

Anyone taken Scoot recently? How was it?  [laugh]

Necessary to purchase seats? Really will be seated separately?  [:p]

I thought scoot closed down already?

Still around?

Anyone taken Scoot recently? How was it? [laugh]

Necessary to purchase seats? Really will be seated separately? [:p]

The customer service Cmi. If nothing goes wrong, it's fine. Something goes wrong, pray.

You taking a flight soon? Whether of not seated separately depends on the availability of seats at the time u check in. So be sure to be early if u want to be seated near to your loved ones. But even so, also no guarantee.
  • Praise 4

You taking a flight soon? Whether of not seated separately depends on the availability of seats at the time u check in. So be sure to be early if u want to be seated near to your loved ones. But even so, also no guarantee.

The customer service Cmi. If nothing goes wrong, it's fine. Something goes wrong, pray.

Yeah I do agree their customer service is "off the charts" lousy.

Short Story

Booked a holiday trip with my family to Japan over a long weekend and paid a premium as I was flying over a public holiday. 1 week before my flight, scoot emailed and informed that our flight was brought forward 1 day to a "cheaper" flight. It was $250 cheaper then the tickets I bought.

Called customer service and they said they will not be refunding as it is their policy to make changes without notification. I was pissed as I was travelling in a family of 5 adults which is an extra $1250 paid for nothing. Complained at least 8 times to their customer service manager and they informed us to rebook our flights and they will fully refund the previous booking. Took them 6 months (after another 3 rounds of complaints) to refund to my credit card.

Normally they're ok, but if shit hits the fan they will play hard to get to honour services.

Anyone taken Scoot recently? How was it?  [laugh]

Necessary to purchase seats? Really will be seated separately?  [:p]

Hi,

Long time. I flew Scoot recently SG to Taipei/Toayuan, stopover for 7 days on Scootbiz (bidded). Then onwards to Hokkaido for 9 days on standard economy. Back to SG via Taipei/Taoyuan on Scootbiz with my wife. Tried both Scootbiz and economy and flew on their B787s rather then Airbus 320.

Comfortable, simple meals and drinks at Scootbiz with 30kg each check in luggage plus 15kg carry on allocation which we could not use up all. No problems encountered, all flights on time...maybe due to slow autumn season. Deliberately avoided school and China national holidays. Chose to upgrade to Scootbiz when they emailed us. 

They must have improved somewhat from the previously reported problems. Don't think I will hesitate to use them again.

Cheers...uncle susa.

Edited by Susacarimakan
  • Praise 3

Yeah I do agree their customer service is "off the charts" lousy.

Short Story

Booked a holiday trip with my family to Japan over a long weekend and paid a premium as I was flying over a public holiday. 1 week before my flight, scoot emailed and informed that our flight was brought forward 1 day to a "cheaper" flight. It was $250 cheaper then the tickets I bought.

Called customer service and they said they will not be refunding as it is their policy to make changes without notification. I was pissed as I was travelling in a family of 5 adults which is an extra $1250 paid for nothing. Complained at least 8 times to their customer service manager and they informed us to rebook our flights and they will fully refund the previous booking. Took them 6 months (after another 3 rounds of complaints) to refund to my credit card.

Normally they're ok, but if shit hits the fan they will play hard to get to honour services.

Wah. Like that also can?

What if you already have plans for that day?

I try not to take any SIA planes whenever I can.

Only considering Scoot ?

Been travelling on Jetstar, quite smooth imho ... They are currently having some sale for Jan 2019 onwards tickets.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2