Scoot

I-LOVE-CARS

hi bro, no sarcasm at all

i checked out scoot and jetsar all the time

i cannot find any deal with substantial savings

especially after adding meal + luggage + select seats

i truly feel your deal is impressive

i will look harder next time while exploring scoot and jetsar

if you book months ahead, its way cheaper. However, for jetstar, seems the airline system most of the time koyak. So have to add in insurance for flight delay.  And if you do the connecting flight in Bali, be prepared to do 200 meter dash...

Prior to that I did “stand by” flights hanging around the airport to get the cheapest flight at the 11th hour by going directly to the offices of the airlines in airport and bargaining down the prices- was a Heathrow to JFK flight ; spent 2 days in the Airport .... was 36 years back though

no wonder clock so many post on the forum during those times..  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Bumming around back then and bumming around now too  [laugh]  

if you book months ahead, its way cheaper. However, for jetstar, seems the airline system most of the time koyak. So have to add in insurance for flight delay.  And if you do the connecting flight in Bali, be prepared to do 200 meter dash...

no wonder clock so many post on the forum during those times..  [laugh]

• Praise 4

Oil price has been locked months ahead.

Low oil price might not translate into low air fare.

SQ is like that one.

Low oil price they say already locked at higher prices,  High oil price always forgot to lock.  Thus air tickets always high! and yet company not very profitable!  Please sack the guy in charge of hedging, at lease save salary expenses.  

I have given up on SQ, take it only when I have no other cheaper choices.  And sold off SQ shares years ago when it as something like 12 dollars.

• Praise 3

SQ is like that one.

Low oil price they say already locked at higher prices, High oil price always forgot to lock. Thus air tickets always high! and yet company not very profitable! Please sack the guy in charge of hedging, at lease save salary expenses.

I have given up on SQ, take it only when I have no other cheaper choices. And sold off SQ shares years ago when it as something like 12 dollars.

Actually SQ fares are quite stable. Might not be cheap but doesn't spike as much as budget airlines. So unless book very early and non-peak (especially for long weekend or public holiday travel) and by the time u add meals, baggage, etc, savings from budget airlines is not much. Sometimes it cost even more...
  • Praise 3

Actually SQ fares are quite stable. Might not be cheap but doesn't spike as much as budget airlines. So unless book very early and non-peak (especially for long weekend or public holiday travel) and by the time u add meals, baggage, etc, savings from budget airlines is not much. Sometimes it cost even more...

For budget airline, forget about the food. It taste really bad.

I usually eat cup noodle.

If Budget airline provides hot water like China HSR, I will bring my own cup noodle.

For budget airline, forget about the food. It taste really bad.

I usually eat cup noodle.

If Budget airline provides hot water like China HSR, I will bring my own cup noodle.

Budget airlines let u bring & eat own food meh? Thot passengers onli allowed to savour their Michelin 3-star food onboard?

Might still be better than this. Fast forward to 11:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPc_MwfHyw

The reviewer probably have different expectations than most of us. Plus he very suay because of his delayed check-in at Don Mueang (which should be the operator's fault, not scoot), he probably didn't make it in time for the priority boarding for scootbiz, then everything snowball.

As an average Singapore heart-lander, I think scoot is amazing how it enables so many people to travel affordably now. Just don't fly long-haul, prepare your own in-flight entertainment (games or videos etc.), pack light for boarding and sneak in some food if you have to. If you order the food prior to the flight I think its also cheaper? 

That being said, I only go for the 787s since I'm tall. The A320s cannot make it, passenger in front of me can feel my knees pushing the seat probably.

Just lower your expectations, and rejoice over the cost saved then you'll be a happy customer!  ^_^

Edited by JayyX
  • Praise 4

heng, i didnt take yesterday (27Dec) Scoot Taipei to SIN.

Delayed two hrs.

Pity those taking from Sapporo to SIN (fly via Taipei).

Flying journey 10.5hrs + delay 2hrs (Total 12.5hrs)

Damn tiring. 

scoot definitely claim the news in the last week of 2018 ... in a bad way

Happy New Year ... Scoooooot ... [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Happy New Year!  Wishing everybody a blessed 2019. 

Scoot will be Scoot.  Just buy sufficient travel insurance and be mentally prepared for delays.  If you die-die have to be at your destination for whatever reason, then best not to fly Scoot. But if you have the flexibility, then still can try. 

The travel insurance will cover a bit of travel delay. 

• Praise 2

buy travel insurance is wish not to claim

but if fly with Scoot buy insurance is highly likely to claim? [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

Song boh

Scoot delay for two days.

Suppose to departs TPE-SIN on 30Dec 4pm by 787.

https://mothership.sg/2018/12/scoot-taipei-singapore-delayed-2-days/

Friend of my missus is on that flight.

Haven't heard anything recently.

Just heard arrived Singapore 4-30am this morning.

Never given hotel to sleep in just the benches in Taipei airport.

Have to pay for own food????

Not impressed.

How can?

Of course safety is a priority but cannot forever use as excuse.

Passenger satisfaction must be a priority as well.

Don't just abandon passengers.

Edited by Neutrino
↡ Advertisement