Scoot

I-LOVE-CARS

I have travelled via Jetstar before but not Scoot / Tiger.

For Scoot bookings from their website, there is a $10 payment processing fee for credit card payment, am I correct ?

Be good if your flight is a 787, read about it, suppose to be more comfortable as humidity is higher, cabin lighting better on the eyes etc, and also twin-aisled. 

wah talk about this i feel it's quite off.

No lor. Its $20/pax, so it would have cost me $80 bucks to pay via CC for 4 pax!!! 

But u can go to AXS and pay within 24 hrs, and that will cost you $5 processing fee.

I believe jetstar is 20 bucks? 

↡ Advertisement

wah talk about this i feel it's quite off.

No lor. Its $20/pax, so it would have cost me $80 bucks to pay via CC for 4 pax!!! 

But u can go to AXS and pay within 24 hrs, and that will cost you $5 processing fee.

I believe jetstar is 20 bucks? 

I don't think I paid any for Jetstar. Think I got around it by paying online within a window period. I think only, cannot remember details on this part.

So for Scoot the getaround is to opt for payment via AXS and its just $5 for the booking ?

I don't think I paid any for Jetstar. Think I got around it by paying online within a window period. I think only, cannot remember details on this part.

So for Scoot the getaround is to opt for payment via AXS and its just $5 for the booking ?

Yeah but must pay within 24hr or else booking cancelled

I'm not sure whether can use app or not but I don't think so

• Praise 2

On top of processing fee I think they add $1 for AXS fee.

:D

• Praise 5

Honolulu, Harbin among 5 new destinations for Scoot

SINGAPORE: Low-cost carrier Scoot is stretching its wings with the addition of five new destinations, which includes four new short to mid-haul routes and a long-haul route.

These destinations are Harbin, Kuantan, Kuching, Palembang and Honolulu, it announced at an event on Tuesday (Jul 25) to mark the completion of its merger with sister airline Tigerair under a single operating license and the Scoot brand.

The long-haul flight to Honolulu – Scoot’s first stop in the United States – will be the budget airline’s second long-haul destination after Athens. Coupled with the addition of Tigerair's network, the five new services will bring Scoot's total destination count to 65 across 18 countries.

Chief executive Lee Lik Hsin said the airline is hoping for its first flight to Hawaii to take place before the end of the year though much will depend on ongoing discussions with local regulators and authorities.

For the four Asian destinations, Scoot will offer flights to China’s Harbin, Malaysia’s Kuching and Indonesia’s Palembang by the end of 2017, while flights out to Kuantan will be launched by the first half of 2018, according to chief commercial officer Leslie Thng.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/honolulu-harbin-among-5-new-destinations-for-scoot-9060888

• Praise 4

aloha 

she and the other asian actor left the show liao. S7 was their last season.

Is it direct flight to hawaii? Otherwise why bother.

probably transit via Tokyo lor.

The japs love hawaii

Is it direct flight to hawaii? Otherwise why bother.

I think maybe not direct.  Should be transiting in Taipei or other airports.

Anyway, I dun like to take budget, no entertainment, no food and drink and I also kiasi wahahahahahaha.

I think today Scoot makan Tiger.

Bye bye Tiger.

I think Tiger is not making $ thus they "merged".  Say is merged but actually close down right?  Wahahahahahaha

Actually sometimes I see budget airfare and the full pledged airline fare is not much different.

• Praise 1

I think Tiger is not making $ thus they "merged".  Say is merged but actually close down right?  Wahahahahahaha

Actually sometimes I see budget airfare and the full pledged airline fare is not much different.

Tiger had a bit of issues over the years. Think once with the Aussie aviation regulators which resulted in suspension of operations.

So maybe better to drop the name and start afresh.

Yup, price gap between budget and premium carrier promo fares can be quite small at times. 

she and the other asian actor left the show liao. S7 was their last season.

Oh, she is leaving too. I thought its just Daniel Dae Kim over the pay thingy.

Anyways, the series is quite (at best) average only. 

I think maybe not direct. Should be transiting in Taipei or other airports.

Anyway, I dun like to take budget, no entertainment, no food and drink and I also kiasi wahahahahahaha.

I think Tiger is not making $ thus they "merged". Say is merged but actually close down right? Wahahahahahaha

Yup full service airlines to Bangkok

during promotional same price as budget

if include check in luggage. At one time

SIA promo 650 to Japan and Korea. Really

worth it. Not point taking budget.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

I think maybe not direct.  Should be transiting in Taipei or other airports.

You can pay extra for food and drinks lor. Entertainment wise, you don't have a smartphone?  :D

Budget airline has to have budget price otherwise it is pointless. There are already full service chinese airlines doing SG-Hawaii for 1kish or less during promos (but they have a long transit time in either BJ or Shanghai - still okay la. Can go have a peking duck then return to airport).

If Scoot isn't going to do direct flights or charge $700-800ish with a shorter layover time then they basically have no advantage except for their perceived branding under SIA.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Yup full service airlines to Bangkok

during promotional same price as budget

if include check in luggage. At one time

SIA promo 650 to Japan and Korea. Really

worth it. Not point taking budget.

Well said. I totally agree

Most of the international airlines has the strategic pricing and attractive price flying out from SG

i.e ANA to Japan, Emirates/Qantas to Australia, Thai airways to Thailand, Emirates to Middle East etc

If you do your comparison, you'll be surprise how attractive.

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Tiger Airways code "TR" already smelly.

Dont understand why they still use "TR" after merger.

Scoot code "TZ" vanished thru the air.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1