Axio / Fielder evaporator (cooling coil) leak

Kianbeng

Hi guys,

My 2009 Fielder's cooling coil is leaking. So I'm looking around for resources and some info. Probably will check with a few shops on monday but was thinking of asking if anyone with the above models have had similar issues and how much was the cost of repair?

I've called 2 shops which are opened today and found that this model is more expensive than Toyota Altis which is around $330-$350.

I'm probably also going to call up a few stockist to see if I can buy the coil directly but sometimes for such aircon parts it's difficult cos if it's leaking then everyone will be pushing the blame around. so probably will still go to 1 shop and get it all done.

↡ Advertisement

maybe you want to try tong bee auto in bukit merah you try get a quote from the uncle and compare the prices. I always get my part from there, recently diy my coil change also as it leaks. my uncle doing aircon work so i borrow gas and vaccum pump for my diy.

Maybe you can ask the price at Mega Power they are one of the stockist for a/c parts

By the way how did they pin point that is the cooling coil leaking?

Edited by Boxster

maybe you want to try tong bee auto in bukit merah you try get a quote from the uncle and compare the prices. I always get my part from there, recently diy my coil change also as it leaks. my uncle doing aircon work so i borrow gas and vaccum pump for my diy.

ok thks Have only been to Tomika this morning.

Maybe you can ask the price at Mega Power they are one of the stockist for a/c parts

By the way how did they pin point that is the cooling coil leaking?

The diagnosis was done at my usual workshop. It was guess work but one that was done with best effort.

1) Pressure on the meter shows 100+. Should have been 200+.

2) No leak observed outside. ie pipes, condenser, ....

There were a few other observations ie cold/hot pipes, 2nd speed fan, ..... but those are just other symptoms as a result of low pressure. But so, the remaining possibility lies with the leak at the evaporator side which they can only confirm after opening the dash. Based on experience of any aircon mechs, this is a fairly common problem. Nowadays with aluminium coils, it's very thin, very fast cooling but the downside is the durability. Gone are the old days with Copper coils but very inefficient cooling. Can't have best of both worlds. :(

So my regular workshop asked me to go find a dedicated aircon shop to do it. Of course they can also recommend. Or help me outsource to their "partners" but knowing me for so long, they just cut all the crap and told me the truth. But for many other car owners, they would have accepted the job and then pass to another shop to do. Many car owners also prefer 1 stop shop mentality.

The diagnosis was done at my usual workshop. It was guess work but one that was done with best effort.

1) Pressure on the meter shows 100+. Should have been 200+.

2) No leak observed outside. ie pipes, condenser, ....

There were a few other observations ie cold/hot pipes, 2nd speed fan, ..... but those are just other symptoms as a result of low pressure. But so, the remaining possibility lies with the leak at the evaporator side which they can only confirm after opening the dash. Based on experience of any aircon mechs, this is a fairly common problem. Nowadays with aluminium coils, it's very thin, very fast cooling but the downside is the durability. Gone are the old days with Copper coils but very inefficient cooling. Can't have best of both worlds. :(

So my regular workshop asked me to go find a dedicated aircon shop to do it. Of course they can also recommend. Or help me outsource to their "partners" but knowing me for so long, they just cut all the crap and told me the truth. But for many other car owners, they would have accepted the job and then pass to another shop to do. Many car owners also prefer 1 stop shop mentality.

How was the repair? Ok now? By the way I sent my Renault to Mark Cool once, instead of replacing the entire compressor Ah Huat told me frankly can just change one of the valves inside. Previously 2 other workshops told me need to replace entire compressor. Just FYI.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows where can I buy axio 2007 aircon low pressure discharge hose from? Ric tat and transglober doesn't sell it..

Maybe I can help u ask but u need to go down to kaki Bukit autobay to collect is that ok?

Maybe I can help u ask but u need to go down to kaki Bukit autobay to collect is that ok?

Hi OngBrother, yes I can go down to collect. Can help me ask the pricing for high and low pressure discharge hose? Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

Is it neccessary to change evaporator is suspected leak 

any workshop can seal the leak with AC leak sealer?

for Altis, what is the price range to replace? 

Thank you

↡ Advertisement