Northern Thai Restaurant

Fcw75

B'cos of the construction going on just in front so they closed shop. Hope they can come back when coffeshop re-open as it is within walking distance to my area. [:p]

Shop not closed leh... They juz moved to the inner stall,

Still within the coffeeshop.

I juz had lunch there last month

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi bro, u may want to try this restaurant at Changi Airport T2 ( Tel - 65461585) located at level 2 next to Soup Restaurant.

I love the Tom Yam soup and pineapple rice, the bbq pork neck also not bad. Desserts like mango sticky rice very yummy too. Ambience warm and staff friendly/attentive. Prices very reasonable and they even have set meals for groups of 4 onwards.

The other restaurant is Bali Thai located next to St John's HQ along breach road. More central than east though. The ambience is quite homely and service friendly. They have a few must trys..... fried fish platter, bbq range etc.

I often go to these two if want more authentic Thai food.... Prices reasonable for restaurant fare. Not related to any of the owners.... just a good food lover.

Safe ride and hope this offers another choice for your group.

Cheers

• Praise 2

Hi bro, u may want to try this restaurant at Changi Airport T2 ( Tel - 65461585) located at level 2 next to Soup Restaurant.

I love the Tom Yam soup and pineapple rice, the bbq pork neck also not bad. Desserts like mango sticky rice very yummy too. Ambience warm and staff friendly/attentive. Prices very reasonable and they even have set meals for groups of 4 onwards.

The other restaurant is Bali Thai located next to St John's HQ along breach road. More central than east though. The ambience is quite homely and service friendly. They have a few must trys..... fried fish platter, bbq range etc.

I often go to these two if want more authentic Thai food.... Prices reasonable for restaurant fare. Not related to any of the owners.... just a good food lover.

Safe ride and hope this offers another choice for your group.

Cheers

Next to St John HQ is Golden Mile Tower. He dont want to go there lah.

u can try Sabai Fine Thai or KHA(Thai fusion cuisine)..both are upmarket thai fine dining and comes with private rooms if $ is not an issue

• Praise 1

Thanks to MCF tat I managed to visit this stall after they moved out from Jln Besar. But was just told by the boss they will be operating till 20th August. Nxt location not decided yet and to check their FB page for updates. Haiz, was so happy to find this stall back again but soon going to MIA, again...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Thanks to MCF tat I managed to visit this stall after they moved out from Jln Besar. But was just told by the boss they will be operating till 20th August. Nxt location not decided yet and to check their FB page for updates. Haiz, was so happy to find this stall back again but soon going to MIA, again...

Glad you found it. Uncle Ben and wife are nice people. Hope they can continue their business.

I can't rem this rest at Tyrwhitt Road, but don't mind trying them in Upper Paya Lebar Road.

Thanks! I love Thai!!!! the food and others...... ahem

Tiger's [sly]

Turbocharged

There's an Isaan place along pasir panjang road just opposite the hawker centre, same row of shophouses as Fatboys Burgers.

It's alright I guess, seems pretty standard thai fare although it's family run and some of the family seems to be thai.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

nowadays every where also got thai food..but not many is cook by thai ppl...usually msians.

You are right, there's a vietnamese restaurant at Joo Chiat run by ah tiongs! The chefs and wait staff all ah tiongs.

You are right, there's a vietnamese restaurant at Joo Chiat run by ah tiongs! The chefs and wait staff all ah tiongs.

to me, that somehow takes away some flavor off the food...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

to me, that somehow takes away some flavor off the food...

It's just like ah tiongs making our local desserts. Saw at NTUC foodcourt Simei.

• Praise 1

It's just like ah tiongs making our local desserts. Saw at NTUC foodcourt Simei.

our dessert all ready made one..dont think ah tiong cook...then again, cant really go wrong w ice kacang can they? if so....FT!!!

Need bros to recommend a good Thai restaurant in East Coast or city area. Need to host for about 16+ visitors coming from US, Europe, Japan, Korea and China. Price is not a concern.

If had good recommendation for Indonesia or Vietnam restaurant, please also recommend.

Thank you. flowerface.gif

thanying at amara?

If dun mind spend abit, Aroy Thai at Funan oso not bad. Try their lemon grass salad, steamfish, seafood fried rice, tomyum, pad thai etc. Their food quite spicy so for those that cannot eat spicy, better tell the staff to reduce the spiciness.

cheers

↡ Advertisement