Northern Thai Restaurant

Fcw75

Twincharged

Yah. you replied to my more than 1yr ago post [wave]  [wave]

four years later ....

my wife went for dinner at a new thai food eatery at downtown east ... she said it was pretty good and I should try it one day ...

but I don't think I am thai foodie ... judging by my reaction to the very popular thai food eatery at near the bedok interchange ... nakorn or something ... ate there once by the lemongrass taste was too overpowering !!

four years later ....

my wife went for dinner at a new thai food eatery at downtown east ... she said it was pretty good and I should try it one day ...

but I don't think I am thai foodie ... judging by my reaction to the very popular thai food eatery at near the bedok interchange ... nakorn or something ... ate there once by the lemongrass taste was too overpowering !!

nakhon kitchen.

The spicy is sibei spicy until eyes watery ... The tom yam also too spicy and sour.

Too authentic liao lol  [laugh]

Twincharged

nakhon kitchen.

The spicy is sibei spicy until eyes watery ... The tom yam also too spicy and sour.

Too authentic liao lol [laugh]

The taste buay ngum for us.. We ordered small portions also cannot finish.

nakhon kitchen.

Too authentic liao lol  [laugh]

didnt know nakhon kitchen opened a branch at downtown east... 

four years later ....

Are you referring to Basin Inn in Downtown East?  It is not a new eatery, it was there during the old downtown east time.  

I tried once, their food is even spicier than Nakorn.   My kids can't take any one their dishes at all, even their pai thai all very spicy.  At least Nakorn is less spicier.  My kids love Nakorn.  

This stall used to be at Tyrwhitt Road near Jalan Besar but the coffeeshop has closed down. The stall has now moved to:

145 Upper Paya Lebar Road

Serve decent thai food (pineapple rice, fried fish tom yam soup, etc) at reasonable price.

For those who are patronised them and wondering where they have moved to. The boss uncle Ben and his wife are very nice people too.

For your information.

It is now located at a hawker centre along Jalan Besar.  Basement

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Are you referring to Basin Inn in Downtown East?  It is not a new eatery, it was there during the old downtown east time.  

I tried once, their food is even spicier than Nakorn.   My kids can't take any one their dishes at all, even their pai thai all very spicy.  At least Nakorn is less spicier.  My kids love Nakorn.  

actually I also dunno .... my wife say one ... since they reno, I only went for the manle buffet.

but I am quite keen to try the sap sap thai at Tampines@hub .... looks like a fast food concept thai eatery ... rather interesting.

• Praise 1

Try their Honey Chicken next time you bring your kids. Very nice!

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Try their Honey Chicken next time you bring your kids. Very nice!

my favourite is Mad-Thai which was located in Katong last time .... but they have closed down already.

my favourite is their flat fried chicken ... they deboned the bird and the pressed it flat and then deep fried it ... end result, just like the roasted suckling pig !

Are you referring to Basin Inn in Downtown East? It is not a new eatery, it was there during the old downtown east time.

I tried once, their food is even spicier than Nakorn. My kids can't take any one their dishes at all, even their pai thai all very spicy. At least Nakorn is less spicier. My kids love Nakorn.

It is now located at a hawker centre along Jalan Besar. Basement

Yep, Jalan Berseh hawker centre.

Uncle Ben, his wife and son still there.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Anyone tried the Thai food restaurant in Blk 661, Yishun Ave 4?

Seems newly opened.

@Mustank ?

Anyone tried the Thai food restaurant in Blk 661, Yishun Ave 4?

Seems newly opened.

@Mustank ?

Never try before

Maybe go try :grin: