What strange jobs have you done?

Ahtong

Yikes, was the pay good?

This one taboo job for me

that was 1989. basic iirc is about 500-600. but plus ang pow and allowances, can reach around 2k which is good at that time. depending u wht position, angpow money will have more [:p][laugh]:D

if u r the supervisor doing "export" 1 time angpow i heard highest was 2k... average around 500

↡ Advertisement

1. Shovelling rabbit s--t

I used to have a weekend job on an angora rabbit farm - had to move the cages, clean underneath by shovelling out the rabbit s--t

2. Cleaning bricks - we dismantled an old swimming pool, taking down the changing rooms and cleaning the bricks for resale. Was middle of winter so temperature was about 2-5 celcius, we lit a fire in the empty swimming pool

3. Selling timeshares

4. Selling vacuum cleaners

5. Filling bottles of beer during busy christmas period at a bottle store

delivered mooncakes during mooncake festival season. piled up my family sedan to the brim with massive orders (2-300 boxes). I have to admit I couldnt see the rear view mirror.

delivered flowers for all occassions.

last time no GPS. street directory was my best friend.

during sec 3 and 4 went to turf club to sell drinks during singapore races....collect used cups from the canteen, washed them and recycled.....

wash charcoal...............and the boss say must wash until white white..............if not no pay..............

than went to change tire for train.......good money........change one $200..........but strange thing...............i never make a single cent..........

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Please share for interest sake.

The job can be dirty (literally or metaphorically), uncommon, interesting, or just plain weird.

Blow Job ............

kana retrived 20 old computer keyboards from store room and had to blow the dust and small ants hidden inside. No one brought along a hair dryer when been instructed to do so..... [mad] , Even before being kept in store room, instructions to those FW to wrap them with 'cling wrap' was not followed.

So have to blow & shake them myself ..... [:(]

• Praise 1

during sec 3 and 4 went to turf club to sell drinks during singapore races....collect used cups from the canteen, washed them and recycled.....

Hope I did not bought those drinks from you ... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Doing part time delivering New Year hampers ..... -_-

Just collect from the company, never count, after all DO completed, still got 2 hampers left ..... [sly]

You know what happen next .... [:p]

Just collect from the company, never count, after all DO completed, still got 2 hampers left ..... [sly]

what if short of two???............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Selling Drinks and snacks at Kallang Stadium

Ball picker for football matches.

Plumber assistant to clear choked toilets

Grave digger at Chua Chu Kang (16yrs old, part time)

Kallang flatted factory, metal/general worker.

Hamper delivery assistant

Grass cutter for private homes

Kitchen cleaner/washer

Bell hop

Golf caddy/golf ball retriever

Pui, I bet you tio also, deliver hamper until fedup, people give you hamper, still want to ask from who,

donno can take or not, must call daughter/son, who send, what is his name, knn, one day have to many hampers to send, ask so much no need finish liow, end up 10-11pm then finish, and yet kana, "WHY SO LATE THEN SEND?" <_<

Packing SAF combat ration in one factory, lasted only 2 weeks then kena sacked by the supervisor 'cos he

caught us "beohing" his gal who's working in the admin dept. Seems quite chio at that time but looking back

I would now say "Urgggh" [dead]

That was 30 years ago [sweatdrop]