CNA: More drivers caught for flouting child seat belt rules

Darthrevan

Twincharged

Its v normal to see this in MY cars, even on NSH....... 

yesterday at the same car park, i saw 2 cars with child seats at the front passenger seat.  I bloody hope the parents remember to disable the front passenger air bags.........  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Guess that is why now there are cars where the front passenger airbag is deactivated when there is a child seat there.

Supercharged

Just only saw this car in the rear with a kid running around inside the car. 

u just have to brake-check them to teach them a bit about physics.

Quote:

JOHOR BARU • A two-year-old boy was killed after falling out of the family car and being run over by another vehicle behind it.

The boy - identified as Jayden Goh Hao Zheng - died while on the way to the hospital during the 8.20pm incident in Jalan Lebuh Cemerlang on Saturday, The Star newspaper reported yesterday.

Investigations revealed that the victim suffered severe injuries to the head. Jayden's father was said to be driving and his mother was in the front passenger seat when the incident happened, the New Straits Times reported.

According to Guang Ming Daily, Jayden's two older sisters were also in the back seat. They were not hurt.

The family of five were on their way home when tragedy struck.

Jayden was seated on the left in the back seat, Guang Ming Daily reported. "The incident occurred when the victim, who was sitting in the rear passenger seat, fell out of the vehicle after the passenger door opened as the car was making a U- turn," The Star said, quoting Seri Alam district police chief Jokhiri Abd Aziz.

The boy fell on the road and was hit by another vehicle travelling behind the family car, Guang Ming Daily reported. "The victim was rushed to the Sultan Ismail Hospital and was pronounced dead while on his way there," Superintendent Jokhiri said in a statement yesterday, according to The Star.

Jayden's maternal uncle told Guang Ming Daily that the boy's mother could not rush out of the car in time to pick him up from the road. The uncle added that his distraught sister had been blaming herself after the incident, saying that it would not have happened had she sat in the back with the children.

It is believed that the car's child safety lock was not engaged when the incident happened.

Jayden was an active and adorable child, his uncle added.

This tragedy could have been avoided .... if all the kids are properly belted up and the toddler in a child seat.

Still irks me lots when I see toddlers sitting on the laps of the front passenger...

• Praise 1

Then passenger with air bags sit in front or behind ?

if ferrying this kind of passengers regularly, i would change car to an alphard

sit in front or behind doesn't matter....jack neo say one

:D  

Sorry mcf members - for changing the topic from "air bags" back to seat belt!

Just to share general knowledge on history of 3 pt seat belts - inventor Nils Bohlin

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/three-point-seatbelt-inventor-nils-bohlin-born

Lets everyone remember to wear seatbelts ALL THE TIME when in a vehicle - whether for short period, stationary, slow speed in carpark, in Malaysia kampung, "passenger with airbags", middle row, third row, pregnancy/obese (below belly) etc

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/campaign-in-mayo-to-encourage-pregnant-women-to-wear-seat-belts-1.548384

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/expert-blog/pregnancy-blog/bgp-20055807

Many thanks to late Nils Bohlin.

post-146820-0-84361300-1484185960.jpg

• Praise 1

maybe they dun like their kids very much...

Maybe they thought kids will toughen up in rough environment.

I grew up from not requiring to wear seat belt or child seat, until in the late 80s wearing seat belt was enforced. But back then much lesser cars and most drivers seemed to follow traffic rules strictly.

That's what I thought of my dad generation when LKY was still in power.

Now, I will never move off unless all occupants are buckled up.

If they survive to tell the story......  :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Maybe they thought kids will toughen up in rough environment.

I grew up from not requiring to wear seat belt or child seat, until in the late 80s wearing seat belt was enforced. But back then much lesser cars and most drivers seemed to follow traffic rules strictly.
That's what I thought of my dad generation when LKY was still in power.

Now, I will never move off unless all occupants are buckled up.

http://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/singapore-needs-to-play-catch-up-in-child-car-safety

Only 6% of children are in any form of safety restraint.

What are the 94% doing?

Never surf MCF

its not the children fault.

Its the adult faukt for allowing it to happen

It shouldnt have happen

Lets move on.

And its precisely that.

Instead of just a Fine, TP need to induce a suspension of licence of 3 months and have the driver retake the driving test.

You see if every mother children belt up or not.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2