A day at Hawk Tyre in JB

Gohsj89

frankly speaking it happen anywhere in Local or  world.even the authorised Agent too.

it is how they handle the Feedback professionally  and lesson learned for them.

for me is really very troublesome to travel back to them (must carry passport and might facing the Jam).

everyday still many peoples travel there to SAVE money .

JUST MHO

anyway Good to heard that you have fixed your problem  :a-good:

forgot to add my views , all the Good Mech had go oversea to earn  extra Money especially the exchange rate

Yes it is true ! never will dare to go jb especially hawk tyre to do cheap alignment. my car is bmw they can put mercedes on the computer and adjust my toe anyhow and slant my camber all to the left. cause my tie rod to break after driving back to sg. didnt u realise that everytime i visit them they do not want to print out the results after alignment adjustment in fear of legal issues.

↡ Advertisement

Yes it is true ! never will dare to go jb especially hawk tyre to do cheap alignment. my car is bmw they can put mercedes on the computer and adjust my toe anyhow and slant my camber all to the left. cause my tie rod to break after driving back to sg. didnt u realise that everytime i visit them they do not want to print out the results after alignment adjustment in fear of legal issues.

They are only few good Alignment expert in Sg what I can recalled from Forums 1x Sin Ming industrial area and 1 x Kenny located somewhere near AMK any can share here?

I am not expert on alignment but I personally had done only once in my 45 years because of 1 accident.

And all my wheels and tires are wearing almost perfectly.

From my fren and some ground knowledge.

If your car doesn't have any severely uneven wear I meant 1 sided and no severe steering drifting off 1 side.

You are 99% no alignment check is needed.

Visit shop that you can watch them doing it is the best if one have time.

If they can show you their machine screen has the Data of your car will 100% score and before and after.

For me those big workshop like AG or you have No access to watch the job, I personally wont use this service.

Some of them will just simply going through motion and what do I expect him to adjust without correct DATA

Or alternatively request for print report is the only way we know whats going on

Just MY Personal opinion.

Sorry for those in the Trade in advance.

Any one can share more information or views

They are only few good Alignment expert in Sg what I can recalled from Forums 1x Sin Ming industrial area and 1 x Kenny located somewhere near AMK any can share here?

I am not expert on alignment but I personally had done only once in my 45 years because of 1 accident.

And all my wheels and tires are wearing almost perfectly.

From my fren and some ground knowledge.

If your car doesn't have any severely uneven wear I meant 1 sided and no severe steering drifting off 1 side.

You are 99% no alignment check is needed.

Visit shop that you can watch them doing it is the best if one have time.

If they can show you their machine screen has the Data of your car will 100% score and before and after.

For me those big workshop like AG or you have No access to watch the job, I personally wont use this service.

Some of them will just simply going through motion and what do I expect him to adjust without correct DATA

Or alternatively request for print report is the only way we know whats going on

Just MY Personal opinion.

Sorry for those in the Trade in advance.

Any one can share more information or views

agree with you on that. but alignment was so bad that it vibrates and freeplay alot during higher speeds between 90 to 100 km/hr above. obviously the mechanic did a job worse than before alignment. and that happens in jb. jb all small roads u come back sg then can feel the difference on our highways

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The last few weeks ago I went many of the regular staff weren't around. I tot maybe because Chinese New Year period haven't come back yet. Did they change their staff recently for this particular outlet beside Shell?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Beware of hawk tyre shell, I went in recently to change all 4 shock absorbers . Abit cheaper than sg only and somemore give me so many problems. Come back to sg on highway felt the steering wheels and tyres virabtionf and floating feeling! I thought my tyre punctured. Check nothing wrong went back the next day and tested the car and did a high speed balancing and claim my tie rod spoilt already. Why havenât change absorber no spoil changed already spoiled. When I came back to sg again I feel vibration and it was a Saturday called the hawk tyre they recommend me to go to their sg workshop tyreplus in Woodlands to check and do alignment . After alignment was worse the car become steering wheel slant to one side and more vibration when driving faster. I decided to go and let a local workshop check my car and found out that the tie rods are spoilt . Change the tie rods and spend another time to alignment and it was fine for a while .

Today I found out my newly installed front right shock absorber is leaking oil. How can it be leaking oil when it is a new one just installed 2 weeks ago ! Very angry tomorrow I ask my workshop to quote me the front right absorber ! Called hawk tyre they ask me go back let them check again. If u are me would u dare to go back and let them spoil your car ?

Hi, do you mind to share more on your case? Are all your 4 shock absorber new? Do you include all the spring, bush, etc...? How many months your absorber spoilers after the installation? How many mileage has you use on it? Think you should be able to claim warranty for the new absorber if it is within week installed?

I am sorry to ask this question, but I’m just trying to find more info and share my experience from it.

Beware of hawk tyre shell, I went in recently to change all 4 shock absorbers . Abit cheaper than sg only and somemore give me so many problems. Come back to sg on highway felt the steering wheels and tyres virabtionf and floating feeling! I thought my tyre punctured. Check nothing wrong went back the next day and tested the car and did a high speed balancing and claim my tie rod spoilt already. Why haven’t change absorber no spoil changed already spoiled. When I came back to sg again I feel vibration and it was a Saturday called the hawk tyre they recommend me to go to their sg workshop tyreplus in Woodlands to check and do alignment . After alignment was worse the car become steering wheel slant to one side and more vibration when driving faster. I decided to go and let a local workshop check my car and found out that the tie rods are spoilt . Change the tie rods and spend another time to alignment and it was fine for a while .

Today I found out my newly installed front right shock absorber is leaking oil. How can it be leaking oil when it is a new one just installed 2 weeks ago ! Very angry tomorrow I ask my workshop to quote me the front right absorber ! Called hawk tyre they ask me go back let them check again. If u are me would u dare to go back and let them spoil your car ?

morning Edward 

please allow me to share my views base on your descriptions

(1)being driving for last 40 years I had changed only 1 pair f front Absorber becos of BAckside itched and end upi have some noise issue and went back they fixed it.

no need to changed your absorber only you encounter e e e noise or Oil leak from absorber (good mech will show you how to see it)

we do not need to replace it periodically becos Absorber is  GOOD or NO GOOD    there is no in between

(2) Mech has to dismantle linkages to replace Absorber so this could lead to tie rod or any rubber bushes problem surface.

(3) to me is the same for Wheel Alignment i do not need to do this only i encounter impact , only done 2 time in my lifem, so dont Fool by some WS telling you to do it unnecessarily , 

(4) it is possible WS had replaced you a Defective parts (is common ) that is Why responsible WS will entertain this case under Warranty claim at FOC , (not sure it covers labour cost)

(5) is your Responsibility to  bring back your your problem to WS and give them Chance to fix your problem for you.(to be fair sometime we have to accept the additional cost if the problem is caused by other problem.

just MHO

morning Edward 

please allow me to share my views base on your descriptions

(1)being driving for last 40 years I had changed only 1 pair f front Absorber becos of BAckside itched and end upi have some noise issue and went back they fixed it.

no need to changed your absorber only you encounter e e e noise or Oil leak from absorber (good mech will show you how to see it)

we do not need to replace it periodically becos Absorber is  GOOD or NO GOOD    there is no in between

(2) Mech has to dismantle linkages to replace Absorber so this could lead to tie rod or any rubber bushes problem surface.

(3) to me is the same for Wheel Alignment i do not need to do this only i encounter impact , only done 2 time in my lifem, so dont Fool by some WS telling you to do it unnecessarily , 

(4) it is possible WS had replaced you a Defective parts (is common ) that is Why responsible WS will entertain this case under Warranty claim at FOC , (not sure it covers labour cost)

(5) is your Responsibility to  bring back your your problem to WS and give them Chance to fix your problem for you.(to be fair sometime we have to accept the additional cost if the problem is caused by other problem.

just MHO

go back repair wait spoil other thing how?

Hi Robert,

Well my tie rods were fine before changing the shocks. I wonder why would it be so coincidence that it would be damaged due to change changing shocks. mechanic can say it was spoiled long time ago only when i got new shocks vibration gets more noticeable which was untrue. proboably they loosen my tie rods and did not fasten it . now i have change my tie rods and did a alignment it become better. however skeptical on whether did they properly install my tie rods or not , cos the mechanic say they will not tighten my tie rods because i go for alignment later. worried they have not done a good job on the tie rods as the previous shock issue has made me skepticals on workshops

Car fix already then ok loh.

Most importantly what is the lesson learn?

So that the same thing wont repeat again

Neutral Newbie

Beware of hawk tyre shell, I went in recently to change all 4 shock absorbers . Abit cheaper than sg only and somemore give me so many problems. Come back to sg on highway felt the steering wheels and tyres virabtionf and floating feeling! I thought my tyre punctured. Check nothing wrong went back the next day and tested the car and did a high speed balancing and claim my tie rod spoilt already. Why haven’t change absorber no spoil changed already spoiled. When I came back to sg again I feel vibration and it was a Saturday called the hawk tyre they recommend me to go to their sg workshop tyreplus in Woodlands to check and do alignment . After alignment was worse the car become steering wheel slant to one side and more vibration when driving faster. I decided to go and let a local workshop check my car and found out that the tie rods are spoilt . Change the tie rods and spend another time to alignment and it was fine for a while .

i also changed before KYB absorber in Tmn Sri tebrau JB for my old altis and it squeak whenever it rains. WS also tried to sell me camber screw at RM80 a pcs..

Hi Robert,

Well my tie rods were fine before changing the shocks. I wonder why would it be so coincidence that it would be damaged due to change changing shocks. mechanic can say it was spoiled long time ago only when i got new shocks vibration gets more noticeable which was untrue. proboably they loosen my tie rods and did not fasten it . now i have change my tie rods and did a  alignment it become better. however skeptical on whether did they properly install my tie rods or not , cos the mechanic say they will not tighten my tie rods because i go for alignment later. worried they have not done a good job on the tie rods as the previous shock issue has made me skepticals on workshops 

I do understand the frustration , 

i am not in the right position to answer or explain the issue you encountered .

i can only share base on my Little knowledge about car .

my understanding when replacing absorbers lower arm or tie rod or any parts linked will be affected, so this will depending may be Workmanship , the current condition of other components not replacing .

Me personally usually patronised on my Regular and leave everything to the mEch to advice me accordingly , 

Trust is a very important 1 Word , otherwise many issue could bring you to Negative impact.

Quote you An example , i sent my car for General servicing , got a call from my Mech saying my Wheel nut / bolts broken  [confused] ,

so i asked him why ? my car is there for Servicing (Engine only ? )  he patiently tell me He needs to check MY Brake Pad so has to remove the wheels in order to check and moment he loosen the Nuts 1 of the nut Broken , so I told him when I drive my car there My NUts are in Good condition, he explained to 

• Praise 1

I do understand the frustration , 

i am not in the right position to answer or explain the issue you encountered .

i can only share base on my Little knowledge about car .

my understanding when replacing absorbers lower arm or tie rod or any parts linked will be affected, so this will depending may be Workmanship , the current condition of other components not replacing .

Me personally usually patronised on my Regular and leave everything to the mEch to advice me accordingly , 

Trust is a very important 1 Word , otherwise many issue could bring you to Negative impact.

Quote you An example , i sent my car for General servicing , got a call from my Mech saying my Wheel nut / bolts broken  [confused] ,

so i asked him why ? my car is there for Servicing (Engine only ? )  he patiently tell me He needs to check MY Brake Pad so has to remove the wheels in order to check and moment he loosen the Nuts 1 of the nut Broken , so I told him when I drive my car there My NUts are in Good condition, he explained to 

is it in johor also? i realise they like to do one thing and then spoil another just to get customer to go back over and over again. my car has no problem but when go in do servicing or alignmeny in hawk tyre jb. surely have something is spoilt and need to change. therefore I banned this place forever

i also changed before KYB absorber in Tmn Sri tebrau JB for my old altis and it squeak whenever it rains. WS also tried to sell me camber screw at RM80 a pcs..

did they use made in malaysia or thailand? is it new or recon? I heard hawk tyre jb like to use recon parts to sell as new . and cost almost the same in singapore. they also tried selling me some camber nuts which are not suitable for my car. did u realise that they also do alignment without printing out the before and after . why is that so ? the mechainc told me their machine cannot print . haha they think we are uneducated or stupid enough to believe them

The last few weeks ago I went many of the regular staff weren't around. I tot maybe because Chinese New Year period haven't come back yet. Did they change their staff recently for this particular outlet beside Shell?

yes they all change their staff i heard from their foreman that the previous staff broke someones brake calipers and there was a bad arguement. so the boss move the old staff to other branches and change the new staff

Hi Guys ,

Just want to share a very very bad experience with Johor Hawk Tyre Shop in JB. Last month went in to do some alignment and tyre rotation . when i drove back to singapore on bke . suddenly I felt very bad vibration and I was surprised and stop my car to check for flat tyres. but tyres were all inflated and fine. took day off went back to check my car again. they claimed that my newly installed continental tyres was giving the problem. and i decline as the tyres are new and i just installed in december at al tyres , the manufactured date was 2018 . then he started blaming on my tie rods and mountings and requesting me to change this and that. I requested for another alignment and it was even worse drive after that. vibrating at 60 km/hr !I I came back to do alignment with one our local shops in ubi. the guy told me my tie rods end and nuts were severely adjusted to bad camber and castor settings and was surprised that i could still drive in such a condition. Totally wasted my time and money to go back and forth for such a small task . This issue made me realised that only one bad incident can cause me so much troubles! BAN from all these cheap alignment shops from JB . My friend say once they see sgrean car they will do all kind of pattern to your car  and you dunno what to do unlike in sg u can claim for compensation from our courts if anything happens. Dun u find it strange they dun allow to print out before and after alignment adjustments for you to see.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 2

Better say no and don't get screwed.

:D

• Praise 2

Hi Robert,

obviously they did a very bad job and workmanship ! as before I change my shock absorber there was no such issues at all! they can even claim that absorbers are new so I can feel anything that is spoilt which is very ridiculous! I have spend another 500 sgd to replace the front 2 because 1 was lwaking and the sg workshop did not allow to let me just change one as they claim that another brand might be softer than the other

thanks for your sharing again , good to know that you had fixed all your problems. 

I do fully agreed with your Mech that do not Mix 2 brand of Suspension .

thumbs up for this Mech which is very Professional advice.

Cheap things don't come good

Good things don't come cheap.

I prefer to support our local shop rather than go  all the way there to be slaughter.

• Praise 2

Why all newbie come in to wack Hawk Tyre?

I serviced my previous ride there for many years also no problem.

It's a repeated incident that he told in another thread.

For me jb workshop is good as they genuinely helps you save money with your best interest and won't serve carrot cake for you.

Just need to know where to go.

↡ Advertisement