Cayman or 996?

1fast1

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg..._a_carrera.html

Not sure what tipped the STOMPer off (or whether she's saboing a "friend"), but yes, the car is actually a Cayman according to the LTA website.

If the owner actually bodykitted a Cayman S into a 911, I'm wondering:

1) WHY?!!!

2) Why a 996 and not a 997 or even a 991?

3) The technical details, like engine placement.

If I see something like this, my logical supposition would be that they guy has a 996 and a Cayman, and just swapped plates for the fun of it. I can't conceive of anyone actually mangling a Cayman to make a pseudo-911, even though both models are beautiful in their own right.

↡ Advertisement

If you think this is a goddamn awesome mod, wait till some guy turns his Cayenne into a 911. [laugh]

Actually I think it's a goddamn awful mod.

As for someone turning a Cayenne into a 911, Hell has to reach 273.15K first.

Edited by Turboflat4

I think the owner has lost more then fewer marbles. Just get a 911, why mod a Cayman S for? [hur]

I, too wonder who's going to buy this piece of mod sheet.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg..._a_carrera.html

Not sure what tipped the STOMPer off (or whether she's saboing a "friend"), but yes, the car is actually a Cayman according to the LTA website.

If the owner actually bodykitted a Cayman S into a 911, I'm wondering:

1) WHY?!!!

2) Why a 996 and not a 997 or even a 991?

3) The technical details, like engine placement.

If I see something like this, my logical supposition would be that they guy has a 996 and a Cayman, and just swapped plates for the fun of it. I can't conceive of anyone actually mangling a Cayman to make a pseudo-911, even though both models are beautiful in their own right.

seems like a 996.. look at the rear.

although it seems narrow, the opening hatch glass of the Cayman doesn't seem to be retained.

plus window pattern, slats, lights all match a 996 and the proportions don't seem off.

only a side view can really tell.

seems like a 996.. look at the rear.

although it seems narrow, the opening hatch glass of the Cayman doesn't seem to be retained.

plus window pattern, slats, lights all match a 996 and the proportions don't seem off.

only a side view can really tell.

Oh, yes, the proportions match the 996 (I have one, so I can be sure). I don't have experience with the Cayman, but it seems almost impossible to get such a good match with just a kit.

Which is why I suspect shenanigans (like a plate swap, though why anyone would bother really escapes me).

Oh, yes, the proportions match the 996 (I have one, so I can be sure). I don't have experience with the Cayman, but it seems almost impossible to get such a good match with just a kit.

Which is why I suspect shenanigans (like a plate swap, though why anyone would bother really escapes me).

In the last two weeks I have met so many goons so I'm not surprised that the 996 has no Road tax and the owner slap on the Cayman licence plates to go on the road.

-_-

In the last two weeks I have met so many goons so I'm not surprised that the 996 has no Road tax and the owner slap on the Cayman licence plates to go on the road.

-_-

Doesn't a bit surprise me, when a person without a valid license or suspended

License can still drive a vehicle, anything goes!