Porsche

Throttle2

Yup.

i see the car, everything is ok, i put deposit.

the likelyhood is i change cars again in Mar-Jun 2014

To Spawn: Yes I did look quite hard at GTRs as well....

bottomline is i'm trying not to go ballistic and spend so much money.

I''m a miser and my heartaches everytime i spend money.

congrats, happy for u. can pm me which car u got? listed in sgcarmart?

not familiar with porkers so i don't really know whats a 996/997.. plus there's so many variants.. Carrera.. Targa.. Carrera S.. etc aargh.. [dizzy]:blink:

↡ Advertisement

You are the envy of many, I'm sure (well, certainly of me). It's always been a dream of mine to go flat out on the Autobahn in a really fast car. Oh well, I have to find an excuse (conference or otherwise) to go to Germany soon. :D

Normally, I drive at a modest 100-140, on zones without speed limit. I am not rally a speed freak, but I love the feeling of acceleration in a fast car. One thing that Germany beat Sinagpore in terms of driving, is it is so much more relaxing to drive (except in very narrow streets).

Sure, you see a dough-bag once in a while, but mostly the drivers are much much better. They know the concept of keeping a safe distance & giving way. Also, I think the parents teach the kids well, I have not personally seen kids dashing across the road out of the blue. In fact, those road crossing stunt common in Singapore are far & few between.

I almost bought a speed yellow 996 Turbo but someone else put the deposit first.

then i contemplated a red 996 Turbo but red just didnt seem right.

In the end a basic black 997 was available at the right timing so it worked.

997? Awesome...

Manual or tip?

You are the envy of many, I'm sure (well, certainly of me). It's always been a dream of mine to go flat out on the Autobahn in a really fast car. Oh well, I have to find an excuse (conference or otherwise) to go to Germany soon. :D

Oktoberfest. [scholar]

• Praise 1

"Don't waste time on half-breed sports cars.

Buy Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini aventador, Ferrari F12berlinetta better."

'

To be fair to Tayv, there is nothing wrong with him having an opinion like that. If to him Porsches are half breed, he is entitled to such an opinion

to others, perhaps Lamborghinis are the ugliest most expensive door stoppers in the world, they are also entitled to their view

As a moderator, one should maintain order in the forum and clamp down on racist and personal attacks

but it should not mean warning people if they think a particular car is not good, especially if it is a car the moderator has

this is a public forum and not a personal blog

i had deleted his previous posts. Nuff said.

and FYI, even in a public forum, there are rules. We have to make a decision if someone is being a nuisance and take appropriate action. nothing to do with what was posted. Again, thanks for your audacity, but if you do not know he circumstances, please stay out.

Irrelevant posts will be deleted. Keep this thread on 'porsches' clean!

Tip , becos more convenient lah.

everyday start stop traffic....

Bro.... not bad.. from S40 in btw E60, 6ser, CLS and now Porker

Damn.. I'm still stuck in my going to 8 yrs old E60 after having it the 4yrs

Edited by Sportster

Bro.... not bad.. from S40 in btw E60, 6ser, CLS and now Porker

Damn.. I'm still stuck in my going to 8 yrs old E60 after having it the 4yrs

Thanks Dude.

If I did things like how the youngsters today do it, I could have already had a 911 instead of an S40 back then.

And I'm glad i didnt.

I think it's best to "slowly do it" and to "first bitter later sweet" .

It's a nice feeling when every car is an "upgrade" and yet not having a weight on your shoulders....

i had deleted his previous posts. Nuff said.

and FYI, even in a public forum, there are rules. We have to make a decision if someone is being a nuisance and take appropriate action. nothing to do with what was posted. Again, thanks for your audacity, but if you do not know he circumstances, please stay out.

Irrelevant posts will be deleted. Keep this thread on 'porsches' clean!

For what it's worth, bro, I support what you did. One can certainly a negative opinion about a particular marque, and express it in a civil fashion. I'm sure if the poster had said something like: "I don't like Porsches because they all look similar" (a very valid comment on the relatively unchanging look of the 911), then you wouldn't have deleted his comments or cautioned him. But with the things he said, no rational/objective person can think he's doing anything but trolling and trying to offend people. God only knows why - this thread is completely low-key and not at all hao lian or whatever.

• Praise 1

Takes all kinds to make the world. Nevertheless, all is good, and we act in the good interest of members here. [thumbsup]

And those who don't will be dismembered. [:p]

And those who don't will be dismembered. [:p]

[laugh] [laugh] u n your cunning linguistical nonsense...but guess in my presence, the literal sense might also be true [:p]

[laugh] [laugh] u n your cunning linguistical nonsense...but guess in my presence, the literal sense might also be true [:p]

If you were the late Ratnam, that might have a more interesting meaning.

Sorry ah, clocking posts till I get "Supercharged". Don't mind if I count down maciam New Year, hor.

So... 5

Thanks Dude.

If I did things like how the youngsters today do it, I could have already had a 911 instead of an S40 back then.

And I'm glad i didnt.

I think it's best to "slowly do it" and to "first bitter later sweet" .

It's a nice feeling when every car is an "upgrade" and yet not having a weight on your shoulders....

Wise words that i have greatly ingrained in my mentality.

And this coming from a 26 year old. :D

↡ Advertisement