Projector for Home Theatre

Vid

Panasonic PT-AX100U

I'm using this, after my Vidikron 3 gun crashed, then changed to Barco and now this.

You will need to get a comparably good quality screen also, takes two hands to clap.

Have been using projectors for the last 20 years, no time for TVs. Sound system Yamaha

8 speaker system, Yamaha a/v amp.

Checked on the web. Out of production liao lah. No more panasonic projectors anymore <_<

Talking about sound system, between Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo, which one is better?

↡ Advertisement

Yup, my previous projector was a Optoma 720p model.. Was also bought from visual apex abt 1300 sgd a few yes back.. Simple but good enough.. If u wan to mount in bedroom ceiling, can do, but u need to plan the wire runs n the throw length.. Visual spec website has a page to help u on that with the projector u select.. Hit short throw projector too.. Ur screen can buy the normal roller blinds can Liao.. No need specific projector screen over ur curtains.. Save money.. I also using the Epson projector now as it got lens shift .. Good la.. For more info read up xtremeplace or hardwarezone .. Got many more tips there..

US definitely have more choices than SG. Will check out other forums for more info. Thanks for the tip! [thumbsup]

Checked on the web. Out of production liao lah. No more panasonic projectors anymore <_<

Talking about sound system, between Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo, which one is better?

Serious boh? Still on sale leh. Yamaha for me. Sound is awesome. Denon and Onkyo tested prior

sounded far too "digital".

Serious boh? Still on sale leh. Yamaha for me. Sound is awesome. Denon and Onkyo tested prior

sounded far too "digital".

Still on sale? Where?

Edited by Vid

wow !

i will mark this thread.

i love to play winning 11 - 2013 on a 60"

hows the resolution like?

need to install a drop down screen right?

(currently my living room TV is 46", good enuf for games and BPL already)

wall to wall, should be 3m ++ a bit...

consider sofa head rest to TV console wall, maybe its 2.7m

say if i put my projector on the wall where the sofa lies,

will the wiring be an issue?

would love to hear some experts view.

Thanks.

SK

I pre3-ran all my wiring inside my cornice, for god sake use good quality cables, one time investment.

Drop down screen for me is 100" Stewart,motorized.

Throwback distance is 3-3.5mtrs, projector to screen.

AV Amp is personal preference and budget.

Yamaha AV amp and 8 speakers, Frot x 3 (Center and side), sub-woofer, mid speakers x 2, rear speakers x 2.

Projector has HDMI cable connected also for Blu-Ray.

Projector is suspended from roof stem hidden inside false ceiling. All wires hidden.

wow !

i will mark this thread.

i love to play winning 11 - 2013 on a 60"

hows the resolution like?

need to install a drop down screen right?

(currently my living room TV is 46", good enuf for games and BPL already)

wall to wall, should be 3m ++ a bit...

consider sofa head rest to TV console wall, maybe its 2.7m

say if i put my projector on the wall where the sofa lies,

will the wiring be an issue?

would love to hear some experts view.

Thanks.

SK

Thanks will have a look! I'm not really into 3D either. Just want clear and beautiful pictures will do. Meant for my bedroom and thinking of mounting onto the ceiling and project to my balcony. Going to put up a projection screen that covers the whole curtains.

JVC/Sony offer Lcos reflective LCD which have better native contract ratios. which is what you should look for if you want realistic pictures. This is not a cheap hobby and the screen itself can set you back 5k (diamond black). All in plus hifi 10-15k for a decent setup. My advice is go for the best projector you can afford and slowly upgrade from there. Read the reviews for guidance.

JVC/Sony offer Lcos reflective LCD which have better native contract ratios. which is what you should look for if you want realistic pictures. This is not a cheap hobby and the screen itself can set you back 5k (diamond black). All in plus hifi 10-15k for a decent setup. My advice is go for the best projector you can afford and slowly upgrade from there. Read the reviews for guidance.

Thanks for the useful info [thumbsup] Really shows that I know nuttin about this projector thingy. Time to start learning [scholar]

Thanks!!!

What Zanter said is true, do your research, and decide what you want.

Personally, 3D is new, so why go chasing new tech, the HD will do you just

great and fine, price difference is also worlds apart.

My first 3 Gun setup 19yrs ago, set me back 50k just for the projector alone,

rest of the stuff, screen and all, 30k. Screen has been changed 3 times already,

cables speakers etc.

The screen is very important, a make or break thing.

Thanks for the useful info [thumbsup] Really shows that I know nuttin about this projector thingy. Time to start learning [scholar]

Pick up a copy of Home Theater, screw sales people, they only want to sell.

and STAY AWAY from Adelphi, one company that sells the CRYSTAL series of

projector, XXX RXdio. Don't get conned.

What Zanter said is true, do your research, and decide what you want.

Personally, 3D is new, so why go chasing new tech, the HD will do you just

great and fine, price difference is also worlds apart.

My first 3 Gun setup 19yrs ago, set me back 50k just for the projector alone,

rest of the stuff, screen and all, 30k. Screen has been changed 3 times already,

cables speakers etc.

The screen is very important, a make or break thing.

Wah $50k!? :blink: All the projectors I've looked through less than $5k nia. [:p] I'm going to get ready all the stuff before year end as going to renovate a new apartment. Might as well get the contractor to do up all the cabling and stuff.

3D is not important to me. It's just a fancy thing. The most important is clarity and sound ^_^

Pick up a copy of Home Theater, screw sales people, they only want to sell.

and STAY AWAY from Adelphi, one company that sells the CRYSTAL series of

projector, XXX Radio. Don't get conned.

One thing I always tell myself is... NEVER, EVER trust sales people. Talk crap most of the time and 80% of them don't even know their products well enough. Just out to make a commission. Didn't know there is a mag on home theatre. Going to get meself a few copies and read [scholar]

Copied that on the Adelphi [;)]

That time, home projectors cost a arm, leg and all your internal organs. Different not.

When the very 1st LD player came out, I remember well, was sold at Peter Chew's Supreme House (Now Parc Mall)

the LD player was going for $8,000! LD was $200+ for ONE, and the 1st show was "Close Encounters of the 3rd kind"

My 1st Projector was that price, 3 gun projector HUGE monster! lasted so long, dumped when the guns blew.

Buy the cables yourself, contractors have a way of cutting cost by buying you inferior cables, and make sure they use what you bought!

Home Theater here: HOME THEATER MAG

more reading... :D

Wah $50k!? :blink: All the projectors I've looked through less than $5k nia. [:p] I'm going to get ready all the stuff before year end as going to renovate a new apartment. Might as well get the contractor to do up all the cabling and stuff.

3D is not important to me. It's just a fancy thing. The most important is clarity and sound ^_^

One thing I always tell myself is... NEVER, EVER trust sales people. Talk crap most of the time and 80% of them don't even know their products well enough. Just out to make a commission. Didn't know there is a mag on home theatre. Going to get meself a few copies and read [scholar]

Copied that on the Adelphi [;)]

Go listen to Yamaha, Onkyo. don't bother with Denon or Pioneer unless on a budget.

HDMI cable, SLS top floor, electronic shop, good quality, half the price, any length.

Go listen to Yamaha, Onkyo. don't bother with Denon or Pioneer unless on a budget.

HDMI cable, SLS top floor, electronic shop, good quality, half the price, any length.

wahh.. didnt know u also siao system one ah.. [laugh] [laugh]

marantz hoh boh? bose leh?

wahh.. didnt know u also siao system one ah.. [laugh] [laugh]

marantz hoh boh? bose leh?

Marantz is good, used to one time make awesome HiFi systems (Audio, tape decks, vinyl players, audio amps.)

Bose, depending on the level, entry level is crappy, save for car systems. :D

I still have my 30yr old Pioneer Avante G7 HiFi system, wooden rack, speakers and all, in working condition still. :D

Last time no Pioneer Singapore, agent was Swee Seng.

↡ Advertisement