Skoda Superb II Current Promotion

Dlar2

Cheap but not selling well?

Why hah?

Showroom everyday like ghost town liddat.

because it is SKODA mah.............and mayb not cheap enough.............if cheaper by $20K mayb will sell better liao............because I will sure buy...... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

because it is SKODA mah.............and mayb not cheap enough.............if cheaper by $20K mayb will sell better liao............because I will sure buy...... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

And that's my underlying point.

Their pricing is too close to VW's.

And that's my underlying point.

Their pricing is too close to VW's.

this point i have to agree............ if they price it lower by $20K ............sure sell............[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

what are the differences in specs between the Passat and Skoda superb currently? does the equipment value come up to $20k difference?

Even if it does, the Skoda badge is not worth the buy lah.

Depreciation and resale value is OUT-standing!

Unless one keeps it for 10 years, or when DSG fails.

Besides, many SGeans see brand no up leh.

That one more difficult to change hor.

It gets worse when buyers are afraid that the AD may exit due to poor sales like the previous Skoda AD. Warranty and after-sales may be affected. Vicious cycle.

Image issue is with older generation la.. younger internet generation who read worldwide reviews are less of an issue though I must admit if they can afford it.. the top 4 still attracts them.. skoda attracts a different breed la.. value for money over prestigious brand..

If skoda is no good bcoz of the DSG.. it makes little sense to pay more for a problematic 7Spd DSG that comes in a VW.. paying more for a lower spec ride that offers one of the lousiest aftersales svc in the industry for perceived better resale? At least the superb 2.0 is 6spd DSG which is quite ok.. and so far my 7spd DSG is ok with no MU failure .. but I wont count my chickens until I hi 50k KM ;)

I looked at the Skoda model range carried by HA.

I think the best value for money (and most probably giving the best long-term reliabilty) model is the Roomster.

- Proven 1.6 NA 16v MPI engine from Golf V - no TSI nonsense ... yeh!

- 6-speed a Tiptronic (same as last Audi A3 1.6NA) - no DSG nonsense ... yeh!

- front MacPhersons struts with lower triangular links and torsion stabilizer (approaching that of lower wishbones setup leh!)

- rear compound link crank axle (where most in this price range use only a torsion beam)

- disc/disc F/R brakes set up (most have rear drums in this category)

Reviews done locally and in UK speaks well for it's cornering and handling, despite mini-MPV stance.

However looks-wise, some like it, some don't!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/gallery.php?...1&TYPE=news

Used to be $76K only, now lists at $115K.

Prolly lower now, since Cat A dropped in last bidding.

wah.. roomster! that one is trully an acquired taste man.. like yeti.. either u like or u dont!

i think the T in the TSI is a culprit.. when got turbo.. confirm cheong ma.. then the 7Spd DSG cant handle the cheonging that comes with the Turbo in local climate

VW killing Skoda with their ~150k 1.4 TSI Passat.

Many will buy that instead of the better Superb deal... (Lower road tax, more save petrol, better badge)

Sgreans known to buy big car with small engine. So the consumer taste is sort of "proven" aldy.

according to the SE.. about 28k

At OMV of $28k

The ARF +tax+GST will be = ~$28k x 2.27 = $63,560

At current COE level of $80k++, the selling price of $149,999 seems to be a very good buy. The dealer seems to have not much profit margin left, except the interest from load.

At OMV of $28k

The ARF +tax+GST will be = ~$28k x 2.27 = $63,560

At current COE level of $80k++, the selling price of $149,999 seems to be a very good buy. The dealer seems to have not much profit margin left, except the interest from load.

Wah !!!

If COE is $20k, sell price would be ~$90k.

At $90k price, would you still buy a Skoda ?

Wah !!!

If COE is $20k, sell price would be ~$90k.

At $90k price, would you still buy a Skoda ?

No, period ... only because it's a Skoda.

But if price is at $60K at COE of $20K, then maybe.

For example, the 2013 KIA Soul is retailing at USD14,400 only, in the US!

Just saying, I think Opel Insignia also on offer for about the same price at the spb. Might be worth checking out, though I am not sure about the t&c attached.

its a test drive or display model i think