Changi Airport - World Best

Picnic06-Biante15

some friends I know purposely bring their kids to T3 because of the space ley.

can run around till drop. [laugh]

Its the time of the year again where every corners of T1, T2 and T3 are occupied by students taking their 'O' or 'A' levels ... [:(][:(]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

Sorry, ICA don't do checks for baggages, only passport. Its those Aetos or CertisCISCO officers mending those entrances. Last time used to be Police officers but outsource to Aetos or CertisCISCO.

SATS police officers only check certain areas in the airport and those counters for SIA. -_-

Bro, don't talk too early. These counter are manned by aetos and Cisco but in charged is ICA. Any detection, depends on what is it, is refer accordingly. If contraband cigarettes, send to custom. If prohibited items like gun and parang, send to police. Police no longer take charge of our checkpoint checks except for enforcing prohibited items. ICA is running the show for all our inbound and outbound checks.

Hurray... I just hope they the luggage handlers (overseas or changi, dunno) can be more gentle with the luggages.

My soft cover ones were ripped and hard cover ones dented for the last 5 years. Happend to me on way back from different countries.

For flight originating from Indonesia (especially Jakarta).. your first set of xray is immediately AFTER you disembark at the gate.. and applies to all flights (incl. SQ).. <_<

Think stop already....

Hurray... I just hope they the luggage handlers (overseas or changi, dunno) can be more gentle with the luggages.

My soft cover ones were ripped and hard cover ones dented for the last 5 years. Happend to me on way back from different countries.

That's why you need to invest in getting some heavy duty material for your luggage. Cause dont think those luggage handlers will be gentle in handling your luggage, since they need to handle so many pieces of luggage per day. Think they just throw your luggage anyhow?! [rolleyes]

But the stupid AETOS or CISCO officers on duty at the exit after claiming baggages should be [rifle]

Our baggages had been cleared through the highly sophisticated X-ray machines installed at the baggage handling centre and they still pick at random to screen through their X-ray machine placed near the exit. Have to unload all the bags again and wasting of time waiting to be screened again. At times, the queue is very long and slow process. [mad]

Those personnel handling the highly sophisticated X-ray machines are security personnel looking out for offensive weapons, bombs or anything that is a threat to security. Of course, in the course of the scan, they may detect other things such as contraband items, cigarettes, etc. but this is not their job and they are not empowered to handle such task, which is left to the ICA officers at the exit after you have collected your bags from the carousel. THe last check before the exit by ICA officers, not AETOS or CISCO officer, is only for those randomly picked up by them. Going thru another round of X-ray is for them to ascertain if there is any contrabands, alcohol, cigarette, etc. inside the luggage. Usually, they won't ask you to open if they are sure there is nothing and will only do so if the X-ray shows something suspicious.

Edited by Redstorm

Those personnel handling the highly sophisticated X-ray machines are security personnel looking out for offensive weapons, bombs or anything that is a threat to security. Of course, in the course of the scan, they may detect other things such as contraband items, cigarettes, etc. but this is not their job and they are not empowered to handle such task, which is left to the ICA officers at the exit after you have collected your bags from the carousel. THe last check before the exit by ICA officers, not AETOS or CISCO officer, is only for those randomly picked up by them. Going thru another round of X-ray is for them to ascertain if there is any contrabands, alcohol, cigarette, etc. inside the luggage. Usually, they won't ask you to open if they are sure there is nothing and will only do so if the X-ray shows something suspicious.

Last month, when flying back from Jakarta, I found an additional luggage tag (with serial no)on my checked in luggage when collecting them from the carousel.. and immediately, the ICA officers at the exit asked me to go for additional X-Ray.. <_<

I kena before when i was asked to go thru that x-ray for my luggage. And they found something "round" inside my luggage and they asked me to open and take out to let them see! <_<

for you, some sex toys does not post as dangerous material from the x-ray but they will do it another round after the x-ray as it is not the other guy job to spot sex toys [laugh] [laugh]

Not complaining but why triple checks ?

Before we board the plane in the other country, we are screened from head to bottom by their security after immigration. Then at the holding area to board, we are screened again by the airline company security staff. Back to S'pore, why screen again for locals at the entrance..... :o

For others, I agrees as they could be friends of their own countries security guards and let in without checking, then it make sense to screen them at our side. -_-

Not complaining but why triple checks ?

Before we board the plane in the other country, we are screened from head to bottom by their security after immigration. Then at the holding area to board, we are screened again by the airline company security staff. Back to S'pore, why screen again for locals at the entrance..... :o

For others, I agrees as they could be friends of their own countries security guards and let in without checking, then it make sense to screen them at our side. -_-

brudder brudder......tink you've been taking the green lane for granted for too long.

last time almost everyone had to open luggage for kastam to check.

if liddat oredi u not happy, better dun go to Oz. 100% check. and kena sprayed somemore.....

brudder brudder......tink you've been taking the green lane for granted for too long.

last time almost everyone had to open luggage for kastam to check.

if liddat oredi u not happy, better dun go to Oz. 100% check. and kena sprayed somemore.....

u mean porker was der to spray his juice on u?? u shioooooooooook rt [:p] [:p] [:p]

That's why you need to invest in getting some heavy duty material for your luggage. Cause dont think those luggage handlers will be gentle in handling your luggage, since they need to handle so many pieces of luggage per day. Think they just throw your luggage anyhow?! [rolleyes]

Is using Eminent brands and American tourister + some chap ba lang brands. I liked Eminent hard covers, can withstand abuses.

I worked for airlines before and have access to all parts of Changi Airport except control towers and have witness their 'handling'.

Saw a few times luggages dropped, some get pushed by foot around until it reaches its cargo belt. Sometimes they hurdle it around and missed the 'target' = dropped to the floor. Also luggages that popped open when drop before... lol. Most generally are quite careful with cardboard boxes but do pack them carefully + label if its fraglie.

For flight originating from Indonesia (especially Jakarta).. your first set of xray is immediately AFTER you disembark at the gate.. and applies to all flights (incl. SQ).. <_<

Not only Indonesia.......sometimes also flights from Vietnam and Thailand......one ang moh asked me why we wanted to scan the hand-carried bags 2 times..... [laugh]

Sorry, ICA don't do checks for baggages, only passport. Its those Aetos or CertisCISCO officers mending those entrances. Last time used to be Police officers but outsource to Aetos or CertisCISCO.

SATS police officers only check certain areas in the airport and those counters for SIA. -_-

Police don't conduct the check lah......last time was officers wearing the 'CUSTOMS' empulets but since the merger, now is ICA.

Perhaps you mistaken the police officers standing beside them as the ones who do the checking......how I know, 'cos I was one of the them on duty at the airport last time........... [laugh]

Not only Indonesia.......sometimes also flights from Vietnam and Thailand......one ang moh asked me why we wanted to scan the hand-carried bags 2 times..... [laugh]

Actually, I realised without the checks at the gate, there's a pretty good chance one can walk all the way out into the arrival hall, pass the customs, without your hand carry luggage being scanned at all..

↡ Advertisement