Changi Airport - World Best

Maxus-MIFA9

Is using Eminent brands and American tourister + some chap ba lang brands. I liked Eminent hard covers, can withstand abuses.

I worked for airlines before and have access to all parts of Changi Airport except control towers and have witness their 'handling'.

Saw a few times luggages dropped, some get pushed by foot around until it reaches its cargo belt. Sometimes they hurdle it around and missed the 'target' = dropped to the floor. Also luggages that popped open when drop before... lol. Most generally are quite careful with cardboard boxes but do pack them carefully + label if its fraglie.

Can see how the baggage handlers unload the bags from the plane from the window seat while waiting to disembark.

Bags and boxes are juz flung and piled up one on top of another into the carts. Some have the FRAGILE stickers on them - but it doesn't seem to matter to those baggage handlers.

↡ Advertisement

CNA report : Changi Airport named world's best by Business Traveller readers

Posted: 18 September 2012 1229 hrs

SINGAPORE: Changi Airport has been named the world's best by readers of a leading travel publication.

It is the airport's 25th consecutive win.

Launched in 1984, the Business Traveller awards are an annual celebration of travel companies that have made a difference to the lives of travellers from the United Kingdom and Europe.

The results are determined by votes from readers and audited by an independent company.

Other winners this year include Singapore Airlines and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore.

Mr Julian Gregory, managing director of Panacea Publishing, which publishes the Business Traveller, said continued investment, innovation and consistency of service have created an environment with a sense of calm efficiency.

He described Changi Airport as a "place where our readers can work or relax without the stresses and distractions that impact travellers so much today".

The award was accepted by Mr Lee Seow Hiang, chief executive officer of Changi Airport Group, at a ceremony in London on Monday.

"What we did was to focus on the passengers we served and through the years, invested to develop an offering that resonates with the needs of our passengers and visitors. To stay ahead, we introduced practical and innovative facilities, and infused the Changi Service DNA - personalised, stress-free and positively surprising - in the overall airport experience. This philosophy of providing a first-class Changi Experience will continue to be the backbone of our success," said Mr Lee.

The facilities at the airport, which opened in 1981, included themed gardens, movie theatres, rooftop swimming pool, gym and spa and hundreds of shopping and dining options.

The world's most-awarded airport, Changi has received 18 accolades since the beginning of the year.

This brings to 410 the total number of awards it has won in its history.

- CNA/cc

Fully agree, after the major renovations in the past 3 years, the results and feeling when landed in Changi Airport after passing through the Immigration was [:)]

But the stupid AETOS or CISCO officers on duty at the exit after claiming baggages should be [rifle]

Our baggages had been cleared through the highly sophisticated X-ray machines installed at the baggage handling centre and they still pick at random to screen through their X-ray machine placed near the exit. Have to unload all the bags again and wasting of time waiting to be screened again. At times, the queue is very long and slow process. [mad]

It's a normal SOP in all airports to manually check bags after the machine had checked.

X ray machines cannot detect drugs and other stuff.

Can see how the baggage handlers unload the bags from the plane from the window seat while waiting to disembark.

Bags and boxes are juz flung and piled up one on top of another into the carts. Some have the FRAGILE stickers on them - but it doesn't seem to matter to those baggage handlers.

i saw this video from delta airlines, showing the POV of your luggage.. see here:

look at everyone's comments lol.

CNA report : Changi Airport named world's best by Business Traveller readers

Posted: 18 September 2012 1229 hrs

SINGAPORE: Changi Airport has been named the world's best by readers of a leading travel publication.

It is the airport's 25th consecutive win.

Launched in 1984, the Business Traveller awards are an annual celebration of travel companies that have made a difference to the lives of travellers from the United Kingdom and Europe.

The results are determined by votes from readers and audited by an independent company.

Other winners this year include Singapore Airlines and The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore.

Mr Julian Gregory, managing director of Panacea Publishing, which publishes the Business Traveller, said continued investment, innovation and consistency of service have created an environment with a sense of calm efficiency.

He described Changi Airport as a "place where our readers can work or relax without the stresses and distractions that impact travellers so much today".

The award was accepted by Mr Lee Seow Hiang, chief executive officer of Changi Airport Group, at a ceremony in London on Monday.

"What we did was to focus on the passengers we served and through the years, invested to develop an offering that resonates with the needs of our passengers and visitors. To stay ahead, we introduced practical and innovative facilities, and infused the Changi Service DNA - personalised, stress-free and positively surprising - in the overall airport experience. This philosophy of providing a first-class Changi Experience will continue to be the backbone of our success," said Mr Lee.

The facilities at the airport, which opened in 1981, included themed gardens, movie theatres, rooftop swimming pool, gym and spa and hundreds of shopping and dining options.

The world's most-awarded airport, Changi has received 18 accolades since the beginning of the year.

This brings to 410 the total number of awards it has won in its history.

- CNA/cc

Fully agree, after the major renovations in the past 3 years, the results and feeling when landed in Changi Airport after passing through the Immigration was [:)]

But the stupid AETOS or CISCO officers on duty at the exit after claiming baggages should be [rifle]

Our baggages had been cleared through the highly sophisticated X-ray machines installed at the baggage handling centre and they still pick at random to screen through their X-ray machine placed near the exit. Have to unload all the bags again and wasting of time waiting to be screened again. At times, the queue is very long and slow process. [mad]

Why are they stupid?

there is a difference between security screening n customs

But it still don't have free WIFI. The only WIFI signal there is wireless@sg which need to have a account with local telco before you can use.

Although this does not affect me but for tourist it is inconvinient.

Security doesn't come with convenience

Hurray... I just hope they the luggage handlers (overseas or changi, dunno) can be more gentle with the luggages.

My soft cover ones were ripped and hard cover ones dented for the last 5 years. Happend to me on way back from different countries.

After retrieving your luggage from the belt, if u notice any dents or wateva

Just report to the ground handling agent before u leave the restricted area

Ask them for a report if u intend to claim travel insurance

haha....wat a load of BS.

no need hidden cam. juz look out the window can see how they buang the bags liao.

Yea, esp at Budget terminal, i see how they throw the luggage like some game latdat...make my hard pain but what i felt is the worst one is at BKK, they just throw your luggage like nobody business [bigcry]

*Pls excuse me for the commentary in the video..this is other people video

*Air asia laggi worst

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Neutral Newbie

they wayang only mah . oso got a few times been stop n ask for re scan . damn farking waste of time . got one time the ah neh sibe bloody kuai lan . stare at him n ask him ok already or not . knn feel like beating him up .

I like the T3 Kopithiam at B3....

Most of SIA [gorgeous] eats there and when they seat down with their high slid sarong ... :wub:

Edited by Picnic06

I like the T3 Kopithiam at B3....

Most of SIA [gorgeous] eats there and when they seat down with their high slid sarong ... :wub:

Got meh? Not many lo. -_- But if go airport to hang out, cannot drive there cause the parking rates can kill! [:p]

Got meh? Not many lo. -_- But if go airport to hang out, cannot drive there cause the parking rates can kill! [:p]

are u sure parking rates can kill? its capped at $20

http://www.changiairport.com/getting-aroun...airport/parking

if u are refering to BT, the rate was increased due to cheapo singaporeans parking their cars at BT

Edited by Raymondism

morning alot SQ flight out of T3. Sit at YaKun la kopi can beo alot. Directly above yakun is their office or something, alot gathering there also :wub:

thats what used to make me go early in the morning to mug for papers :D

Business Traveller Awards 2014

BEST AIPORT! again, again, again, 27 times

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/business-traveller-awards-2014

The results are in, so it's now time to unveil the winners of the Business Traveller Awards 2014.

Voted for by you, the reader, they recognise the achievements of those airlines, airports, hotels, train operators, car hire firms and luggage brands that have gone the extra mile in making your travelling lives as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.

The awards are completely independent and widely seen as the leading accolades in the business travel industry. There is no pre-selection by the Business Traveller team and all the data provided by votes is analysed by an independent market research company to produce the list of winners.

This year's awards were presented at a glittering ceremony at London Hilton on Park Lane on October 6. The event was well-attended, with actor Robert Powell on hand to present the prizes.

British Airways and Emirates proved popular, with the former winning Best Airline, Best Short-Haul Carrier and Best Frequent Flyer Programme, and the latter taking home Best Long-Haul Carrier, Best First Class and Best Middle Eastern Airline.

Singapore Airline won three awards, collecting trophies for Best Economy Class, Best Asian Airline and Best Cabin Staff.

Quite incredibly, Singapore Changi Airport was yet again voted Best Airport in the World — for a 27th successive year.

In the hotel categories, Best Airport Hotel went to Regal Airport Hotel Hong Kong, while Four Seasons collected the Best Business Hotel Chain Worldwide award and Hilton was named the Best Business Hotel Chain in the UK.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit collected the Best New Business Hotel award.

Read news that changi airport T4 will not have skytrain connecting to T1 to T3 when it open. Free shuttle bus will be provided at regular intervals.

I felt that by not providing skytrain, changi airport will be moving in a backward direction. If lky were to be around, I am sure he would bang table to make sure that skytrain will be built to connect to T4.

I remember there is an article writing about lky vision that it is because of him wanted to built changi airport at at the end of Singapore along costal, and they built it. If not for that, our airport maybe still located at now paya lebar airbase.

So much so for thinking ahead but still left out a very important connection between terminals. Yes cost is a big consideration, but I am sure that the benefit of skytrain outweigh cost in long run. If there is no skytrain connecting, T4 maybe a failure in the airport, maybe will become like budget terminal . People want convenience and seamless transfer between terminal, so nobody want to take shuttle bus to connect between terminal if they have a choice.. Haiz..

This also reminds me of Microsoft. Microsoft is moving in backward direction when Windows 8 was launched, they refused to admit the failure, they failed in terms of looking for what people want. End up their windows 8 sales is so bad that they go back to basic to look for what people want and then comes windows 10. Hopefully new T4 terminal without skytrain will not be like a failed windows 8.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement