Changi Airport - World Best

Picnic06-Biante15

Actually hor, why so many Singaporeans go Bangkok shopping?

I don't find the things there cheap.

3 persons having lunch, food and drinks cost us S$60+. Just some fried rice and noodle. 

The black RF tennis racket, selling at 10k baht. Which is about $400. Here, even list price in RSH is $300+ only.

must eat local food court or market, buy must buy local product and design. International brands always have list price how to sell cheaper.

↡ Advertisement

3 persons having lunch, food and drinks cost us S$60+. Just some fried rice and noodle. 

The black RF tennis racket, selling at 10k baht. Which is about $400. Here, even list price in RSH is $300+ only.

I agree with you.

That's why I never spend money on shopping or eating.

I just spend money in the health centre.

People always say spend on healthy activities

so I listen to them.  [thumbsup]

:D  

Supercharged

I agree with you.

:XD:

Twincharged

haha, i agree with you, it is a better idea to spend on your health...  [:p]

I agree with you.

• Praise 4

Wow. U had an expensive meal. U should try their street food. Here is a photo of mine, S$10 niah with beer included. The portion was for 2 but I finished all alone.

post-2654-0-83924500-1474812110_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-15597500-1474812186_thumb.jpg
  • Praise 1

Hi Adrian,

don't you think its expensive? The vege is not x, S$ 20 cents, fish is those fresh water fish they had a lot in Thai, S$ 2 each.Plus Singa beer cost only S$ 1.40  cost price to these vendors. Total.: S$3.60.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

Wow. U had an expensive meal. U should try their street food. Here is a photo of mine, S$10 niah with beer included. The portion was for 2 but I finished all alone.

changi airport best? 

Best my foot!

my luggage was damaged during the flight home and only found out after i reached home.

email them with all relevant details of flight and no answer from them. Send another email for attention still nothing.

I gave up. PUI!!!!!!

• Praise 2

Hi Adrian,

don't you think its expensive? The vege is not x, S$ 20 cents, fish is those fresh water fish they had a lot in Thai, S$ 2 each.Plus Singa beer cost only S$ 1.40 cost price to these vendors. Total.: S$3.60.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers

I don't think the cost prices are that cheap as you mentioned.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

post-14834-0-12387900-1494967178_thumb.png

Hmm.. Saw in Facebook on one of the frustration people face due to fire in in T2 and plane was diverted to T3. She proceed to immigration to chop passport / scan passport and then to go collect luggage and end up she got the information that her luggage was at T1. Upon arrival in T1 and want to go in to collect luggage, she cannot go in and need to fill in re-entry application and queue for nearly 2hrs due to a lot people also queuing and only 4 staff handling.

I feel this could be improved further. I mean if it is not mass evacuation in T2 by filling re-entry application is fine as the number of people will not be huge. But for this case there is fire in T2 and arrival planes diverted to either T1 and T3, luggage may not be at the correct terminal, there will sure have hundreds or thousands of people need to re-enter the correct terminal to collect the luggage. So by filling the re-entry application makes the traveling experience no good especially those with connecting flight that they need to collect the luggage and re-check in again.

So what I feel is that this can be improved by perhaps ask to see the boarding pass and passport chopped for non-singaporrans and if the flight details coincide with the T2 fire for the arrival and the chop date stated today allow them in to collect luggage. If let's say this passport is singapore passport and there will be no chop. Perhaps could also ask for boarding pass and IC as proof of person, and then allow them to go in to collect luggage.

Those without boarding pass as they may have thrown it away while on board plane or etc, then perhaps if they still have email or printed paper of the flight itinerary on the flight arrival time and flight number and if it coincides with the T2 fire and also the passport / IC checked is correct, allow them in lor. Those don't have boarding pass and also no email or paper printed itinerary then no choicr have to fill in the re-entry application. This could speed up the process and lessen people waiting time.

When there is mass evacuation and High number of people being diverted to other terminal including arrival passengers, then the normal procedure way of doing things may not work that well already.

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged

I have not read the entire news but having seen the video posted, the fire is quite big. Given it happen in an air port, Changi, with that size of occupants, they have done well to mitigate the situation.

No amount of drills can take care of every situation. The fact that the air port can still function while the fire is being put off itself is already a big achievement. Don't forget about those planes parked near T2.

I would give them :a-good: :a-good: :a-good:rating. However, more importantly is to find out the cause and how to reduce such incident. My own observation, too many F&B outlets near the main hall. These are hazard due to their operation. 

• Praise 3

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170517-043720.png

Hmm.. Saw in Facebook on one of the frustration people face due to fire in in T2 and plane was diverted to T3. She proceed to immigration to chop passport / scan passport and then to go collect luggage and end up she got the information that her luggage was at T1. Upon arrival in T1 and want to go in to collect luggage, she cannot go in and need to fill in re-entry application and queue for nearly 2hrs due to a lot people also queuing and only 4 staff handling.

I feel this could be improved further. I mean if it is not mass evacuation in T2 by filling re-entry application is fine as the number of people will not be huge. But for this case there is fire in T2 and arrival planes diverted to either T1 and T3, luggage may not be at the correct terminal, there will sure have hundreds or thousands of people need to re-enter the correct terminal to collect the luggage. So by filling the re-entry application makes the traveling experience no good especially those with connecting flight that they need to collect the luggage and re-check in again.

So what I feel is that this can be improved by perhaps ask to see the boarding pass and passport chopped for non-singaporrans and if the flight details coincide with the T2 fire for the arrival and the chop date stated today allow them in to collect luggage. If let's say this passport is singapore passport and there will be no chop. Perhaps could also ask for boarding pass and IC as proof of person, and then allow them to go in to collect luggage.

Those without boarding pass as they may have thrown it away while on board plane or etc, then perhaps if they still have email or printed paper of the flight itinerary on the flight arrival time and flight number and if it coincides with the T2 fire and also the passport / IC checked is correct, allow them in lor. Those don't have boarding pass and also no email or paper printed itinerary then no choicr have to fill in the re-entry application. This could speed up the process and lessen people waiting time.

When there is mass evacuation and High number of people being diverted to other terminal including arrival passengers, then the normal procedure way of doing things may not work that well already.

This indicate that our Big Organisations are not ready to handle any EMERGENCIES .... :yuush:

Exercise here, exercise there all for showcase niah.  :lll._.:

All this exercises are pre planned to ensure public that you are in safe hand but when come to actual incidents, where are all the manpower under their "Emergency Organisation Chart"   :we-all-gonna-die:

Planes diverted to land at T3 but luggage at T1 ....  [hur]  

• Praise 1

Twincharged

This indicate that our Big Organisations are not ready to handle any EMERGENCIES .... :yuush:

Exercise here, exercise there all for showcase niah. :lll._.:

All this exercises are pre planned to ensure public that you are in safe hand but when come to actual incidents, where are all the manpower under their "Emergency Organisation Chart" :we-all-gonna-die:

Planes diverted to land at T3 but luggage at T1 .... [hur]

Ya there are always room for improvement.. Anyway still a good job in managing the situation..

Twincharged
(edited)

I have not read the entire news but having seen the video posted, the fire is quite big. Given it happen in an air port, Changi, with that size of occupants, they have done well to mitigate the situation.

No amount of drills can take care of every situation. The fact that the air port can still function while the fire is being put off itself is already a big achievement. Don't forget about those planes parked near T2.

I would give them :a-good: :a-good: :a-good:rating. However, more importantly is to find out the cause and how to reduce such incident. My own observation, too many F&B outlets near the main hall. These are hazard due to their operation.

From news reporting the fire started in one of the aircon unit in Lvl 5 and was put out by water jet. So can assume that the fire was not that big per say.. Just that it is because of smoke that is the problem. They closed the entire T2 because of smoke and need time to ventilate the whole T2 and it was certified cleared to enter by around 10plus pm and normal flight operations start to go back to T2 progressively..

Everything was still okay with some hiccups here and there. There are certainty room for improvement in some areas like the previous post I posted. Another thing for improvement is the part where people are diverted to the concrete tarmac from T2 for mass evacuation and they are to stay put at the concrete tarmac until further instructions given. They stayed there for quite long and some as long as 3hrs. This can certainly be improved.. Lucky yesterday never rain, if rain and stuck at the tarmac for 3hrs?

What I feel for the mass evacuation to the concrete tarmac is that, they should not hold them up in concrete tarmac for too long, as it is a safety Hazzard too. So what they could do is that instead of holding them up waiting for instruction on what to do, straightaway direct them to walk and or provide bus shuttle to T3 or T1 whichever is nearer. I am sure there will have path for people to walk to T1 or T3 right? This is a lot better then stay put in the concrete tarmac for hours.

Edited by Yewheng

I wonder whether there has been any large-scale fire drill exercise at Changi airport done in the past. It's one of the busier airports in the world, so would they be willing to sacrifice downtime and inconvenience to passengers to simulate emergencies like yesterday's fire? 

In any case, it was not a huge fire and there was no major or widespread injuries/casualties, so that shows it's not as bad as it might be. 

The inconveniences caused to the affected passengers might well have been reduced/minimised if they had a good/better contingency plan, but it's of course a nightmare to plan for one - or many, catering to different extent of disruptions. The problem was of course the passengers that had to land or board at T2 after the fire broke out. If they were more kiasi, could the problem be less severe if, eg. they activated a diversion of flights to other airports right away? But that will transfer the problem to the affected airports (KL, Jakarta?).

Looks like they will have a real big project to ensure they are better prepared for any such incidents in the future...

Oh, 2 high-profile fires in one day. For a while, i was wondering whether it could be a co-ordinated terrorist attack  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

the biggest challenge facing such a situation is that the person needs to make a judgemental call. it is a very big decision to evacuate or no need.

even evacuare, how extensive? like what you said, move to other terminals or being a small fire, can go back and minimize disruptions?

every single decision is a big one. very heavy responsibility one that person and he needs to make fast decision. I woukd say, well done.

Twincharged

the biggest challenge facing such a situation is that the person needs to make a judgemental call. it is a very big decision to evacuate or no need.

even evacuare, how extensive? like what you said, move to other terminals or being a small fire, can go back and minimize disruptions?

every single decision is a big one. very heavy responsibility one that person and he needs to make fast decision. I woukd say, well done.

Ya not too bad.. They also arranged people to give out water and food for people who are stuck in tarmac for a few hours.. So just take this as a learning opportunity to make it better should it happen again (hope not of coz)

Chey. It's an airport meaning it has its own fire station. Other dan that there's the building's fire fighting system. Unless all these equipement is not properly maintained to fight fire dan we can say there's a problem. From the looks of it it's manageable. Aircon is centralised smoke of course will be spread quickly. Smoke is a good warning sign. If the fire is isolated and so is the smoke it may grow into a bigger fire, a bigger problem. So no need to kick up a big fuss. A few hours of waiting and nobody got hurt. Good enough for me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1