Comfortable car for old folks

Kreampuff

I drive a Merc C class and my mum complains of pain in her legs due to the seating position. She prefers an upright seat with firmer seats. Does anyone have old folks in their family and have chosen cars based on the comfortable seating position for passengers?

I'm guessing SUVs or MPVs, but look forward to any input.

↡ Advertisement

You need a car with taller seat (relative to the ground) so that they don't need to bend so much when getting in or out. Also the seat cushion cannot be too far from the car floor so that the legs are dangling.

Neutral Newbie

try the lexus

I have the es300 and no complains.

Or Mercedes E class.

If you prefer SUV, perhaps the harrier or lexus rx300 is good

I drive a Merc C class and my mum complains of pain in her legs due to the seating position. She prefers an upright seat with firmer seats. Does anyone have old folks in their family and have chosen cars based on the comfortable seating position for passengers?

I'm guessing SUVs or MPVs, but look forward to any input.

Most old folks have pain / weakness in their knees and have problem getting in and out of vehicles.

I drove my mum once to A&E dept becos she couldn't get out of the front seat of my car!

She's fine with my bro's Murano as it has the right height without undue bending of knees.

Edited by TameDriver

Can consider MPV or a larger sedan car like camry or accord?! But i find SUV a bit too tall, sometimes it would be difficult for old folks to get in and out of the car, as their legs might not able to touch the ground.

when my mom sat in my porsche, she actually loved it, as she as sitting on the floor. Just that u gotta help her out. She din like th emx-5 tho, cos that was really low

i have old folks with bad knees in my family

my experience is even with sedans, they have difficulty getting in and out.

the best option would be an MPV with ride height between sedans and SUVs

take the old folks for a test ride then decide.

SUV is the correct choice but ensure the seat is not too high as she might face difficultly in boarding and alighting later - happy shopping.

I think must depends which SUV, not all SUV is old folks friendly. I have a friend driving terios, and his old folks have difficulty getting in and out of the car, cause too tall.

actually eurovan me find suitable for senior citizens..my father...and my grandmother when she was still alive(was almost 90 then)...both had no problems getting in and out my kangoo...since you have the cash..can consider getting a kangoo passenger version...or if u want ..u can go for vw caddy...up to u

Renault Kangoo Van (For Rent)Peugeot Partner (For Rent)...just saw the advertiser on this topic, so how about this two models...despite the looks la....just functionality..

try the lexus

I have the es300 and no complains.

Or Mercedes E class.

If you prefer SUV, perhaps the harrier or lexus rx300 is good

SUV is very high, unless u are tall, else u need to leap on the seat; something older folks may not like.

MPV would be a better choice. Small MPV Freed, Big one Estima etc. with sliding doors (larger opening) will be comfortable to get in/out and sit.

VW caddy is a good choice. The seat is just the right height and the door open wide. My mum in her 70s and with implants in both her knees and hips love the Caddy. Get a car that has the similar seat height as the Caddy.

Well i am 52 this year and find the Audi A4 2.0T (which i am driving now) quite comfortable for people in my age group (50+) ^_^ maybe you can give it a try?

Unker, there's a big difference between 52, 62, 72 and 82. 52 is not considered very old yet. In fact, not even 62. Maybe when u r 72 u want to see whether it's still easy to get into a low-slung sedan or not lol