• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I used to install the curtains for my ex-car. This installer would come by your place and install for you. Usually he carries several dimensions for different car types and mades.

Anyone know where to find him or can recommend a workshop that does that? Looking for quality material and good workmanship.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

Ruzhyo
  • Premium member
    Ruzhyo
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://sg.geocities.com/innvester2003/

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~laiss/
HU - Pioneer DEX-P99RS & AVH-P5350DVD
Amps - Audison LRx 6.9, 2 x Audison LRx 1.400
Speakers - Sinfoni 3 way, Pioneer TS-STX99 Satellite Speakers & 2 x TS-W309D4 Subwoofers

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thank you very much. thumbsup.gif

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Dj_spike
  • Premium member
    Dj_spike
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks alot too.. I'm also looking for one.....
The lark shall rise from the ashes like a phoenix and walk thru the storm......

MCF Premier League Team: Athletico Madrid

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Is it legal?

I've heard that it's not. Because just like dark window films, it's more difficult to check blind spots with curtains on.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

Vinceyeo
  • Vinceyeo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I believe its illegal if you use the curtains fully while driving. But I doubt any TP will stop you if its properly tied up on the move... I might be wrong tho as I dont use them and never will haha...
Mitsubishi Colt Version-R 2007 (CVT)
Toyota MRS 2009 (6MT)
Honda Euro R 2011 (6MT)
Lexus IS250 2013 (Auto)
Merc C200 2016 (Auto)

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Maddog
  • Maddog
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I believe its illegal if you use the curtains fully while driving. But I doubt any TP will stop you if its properly tied up on the move... I might be wrong tho as I dont use them and never will haha...

I always had my curtains drawn out fully all the time on the roads while driving & TPs & LTA ofiicers have rode by my car several times w/o even batting and eyelid to ask me to pull over....hehehe

BTW, there is no regulations on installation of curtains on our rides, only the window tinting of the glass panels & windscreen that's subject to fines & LTA inspections.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Vinceyeo
  • Vinceyeo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I always had my curtains drawn out fully all the time on the roads while driving & TPs & LTA ofiicers have rode by my car several times w/o even batting and eyelid to ask me to pull over....hehehe

BTW, there is no regulations on installation of curtains on our rides, only the window tinting of the glass panels & windscreen that's subject to fines & LTA inspections.

oh ok. But hor bro *touch wood* dont think its safe lor... I guess TP/LTA wont action on this until it really proves to be hazardeous on the roads with real incidents...

Edited by Vinceyeo, 13 July 2009 - 11:11 PM.

Mitsubishi Colt Version-R 2007 (CVT)
Toyota MRS 2009 (6MT)
Honda Euro R 2011 (6MT)
Lexus IS250 2013 (Auto)
Merc C200 2016 (Auto)

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

Ruzhyo
  • Premium member
    Ruzhyo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I have the curtains fully drawn also.

Actually can still see out. Even at night. No problems. It is like the bus, pokadot sticker.

TP so far no action, even at road block.

Much more effective than window tint for heat rejection.

Best $300 I spend on the car.

I very KS. Read the LTA car mod site many times. Nothing about curtains.
HU - Pioneer DEX-P99RS & AVH-P5350DVD
Amps - Audison LRx 6.9, 2 x Audison LRx 1.400
Speakers - Sinfoni 3 way, Pioneer TS-STX99 Satellite Speakers & 2 x TS-W309D4 Subwoofers

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

Kyojin
  • Kyojin
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i know what i'm about to say isn't going to go down well with many bros here.

if you want to install curtains, please don't endanger the lives of other road users. if you want to crash and burn with your family, go ahead. but don't do it at the expense of other innocent road users.

it's no doubt useful for privacy and keeping the sun out, but keep our roads safe.

i know there are responsible bros out there, but i think anybody with such curtains should be responsible and tie ALL of them up properly when you are driving and only use them when stationary. there are many times where i've seen drivers draw the rears ones completely and about 3/4 in the front. they change lanes without being able to check blind spots. i've experience near-miss accidents and seen a fair share of others (including changing lanes into a motorcycle).

it's still not illegal to have them, but it only takes one fatal accident before curtains are banned. and any casualty is one too many.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

Topaz
  • Topaz
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

U may go to Autobac to buy the ready-made car curtains, these curtain comes in many sizes and material. Drive ur car to autobac n ask the staff to assist u in choosing the right size. thumbsup.gif
For a more professional installation you can get the staff to help, think they charge about $20+ for the labour to do the installation.
All in all you save more than 50% in cost this way than to do "customised" car curtain. Result is about the same as customised curtain.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:16 AM

BaguaTV
  • BaguaTV
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

不要啦。。。超UGLY...car window curtian reminds me of those cheap tour bus to Malaysia and sometimes looking like a funeral transport leh...

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:28 AM

Mr_b20
  • Mr_b20
    6th Gear
    Author Image

curtains are for house, not car
idiot

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

Jeffang
  • Jeffang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Autocuz Customized Car

CurtainBukit Batok Nature Park Carpark, 598700 Bukit Batok Area, Singapore

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have the curtains fully drawn also.

Actually can still see out. Even at night. No problems. It is like the bus, pokadot sticker.

TP so far no action, even at road block.

Much more effective than window tint for heat rejection.

Best $300 I spend on the car.

I very KS. Read the LTA car mod site many times. Nothing about curtains.

Yah .... car got curtains is good .... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

But it should be use only when the car is stationary.
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

Peaceracer
  • Premium member
    Peaceracer
    4th Gear
    Author Image

He go to your place to fix? He made me go all the way to Jurong manz!! thumbsdown.gif

But i paid $140 for my small car.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

Tas0577
  • Tas0577
    4th Gear
    Author Image

不要啦。。。超UGLY...car window curtian reminds me of those cheap tour bus to Malaysia and sometimes looking like a funeral transport leh...

Yes, agree as it reminds me of those coaches and funeral transport bus and it is very cheapo cos every car accessories shop also can install. thumbsup.gif

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:25 AM

Scorpico
  • Premium member
    Scorpico
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

try Mustafa - they have a lot of ready made curtains for cars; just use 3M tape to stick

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

En9913
  • En9913
    Banned

http://www.sgcarcurtain.com

Edited by En9913, 24 July 2009 - 10:23 AM.

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

Fairy_dust
  • Fairy_dust
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

any other places to install the cur curtains? I heard autobacs has, but how much roughly is it to install the whole car? I have a budget of less than $200 only. =) And anyone knows how much is the curtain hook from Garson selling in sg? Does autobacs sells Garson products? thanks in advance

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Drawing curtains on the 2 back passenger side ok mah.

Of course in front cannot rah.

i know what i'm about to say isn't going to go down well with many bros here.

if you want to install curtains, please don't endanger the lives of other road users. if you want to crash and burn with your family, go ahead. but don't do it at the expense of other innocent road users.

it's no doubt useful for privacy and keeping the sun out, but keep our roads safe.

i know there are responsible bros out there, but i think anybody with such curtains should be responsible and tie ALL of them up properly when you are driving and only use them when stationary. there are many times where i've seen drivers draw the rears ones completely and about 3/4 in the front. they change lanes without being able to check blind spots. i've experience near-miss accidents and seen a fair share of others (including changing lanes into a motorcycle).

it's still not illegal to have them, but it only takes one fatal accident before curtains are banned. and any casualty is one too many.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

En9913
  • En9913
    Banned

http://sg.geocities.com/innvester2003/

Sg Car Curtain

Edited by En9913, 10 May 2010 - 01:26 PM.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Paithorn
  • Paithorn
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

anyone with any reviews on the curtains... i feel like doing one as the sunlight do irritates my baby son at time when i drive

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

SGCMeekee
  • SGCMeekee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I've got curtain installed....very useful to cut out the glare from the sun.
Better to get a customised one that fits your car....else it will look very untidy.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

anyone with any reviews on the curtains... i feel like doing one as the sunlight do irritates my baby son at time when i drive

i had it and my 3 yr old daughter love it...especially NSH... it do reflect part of the sun ray... especially park under the sun.. smile.gif
I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Nikamura
  • Nikamura
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yah .... car got curtains is good .... thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

But it should be use only when the car is stationary.

lol why stationary? hmm unless you are sleeping in the car like what most taxi drivers do? tongue.gif

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

Latency
  • Latency
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

curtains are for house, not car
idiot

i can't agree more....

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

Haziqko
  • Haziqko
    4th Gear
    Author Image

i can't agree more....

LOL i agree... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .
MCF Premier League team: DIV2 Panathinaikos motto : "we'll give you a damn good fight"

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Paithorn
  • Paithorn
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

how much did you guys pay? i was thinking if skiiping the boot since my car is an mpv

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

Derick
  • Derick
    Clutched
    Author Image

Car curtains are nice but not practical to install one... This is my opinion.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Sky_vinz
  • Sky_vinz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Derick: Given a choice, I will use dark window tinting instead. If it is ever gonna be legal.
Regards
sky_vinz

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Andylau1177
  • Andylau1177
    4th Gear
    Author Image

please dont drive with the side curtains drawn. i ever drove beside one stupid mpv with the side curtains drawn and it nearly collided into my car when he tried to change lane. i think the curtain blocked his view.
天王?可不是人人都能當!除了我和你!

6223: Juventus (Div 2)
9191: Porto (Div 1)

MCF Premier League: Porto

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

Derick
  • Derick
    Clutched
    Author Image

Derick: Given a choice, I will use dark window tinting instead. If it is ever gonna be legal.

I agree with you. Few years back, I was asked to remove instantly by STA Test Centre. If I dun do it, I will have to go back for inspection again. Side curtain may cause the drivers to overlook the blindspots.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

lol why stationary? hmm unless you are sleeping in the car like what most taxi drivers do? tongue.gif

Because its illegal

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Noel
  • Noel
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

please dont drive with the side curtains drawn. i ever drove beside one stupid mpv with the side curtains drawn and it nearly collided into my car when he tried to change lane. i think the curtain blocked his view.

This explains it all, folks. sleep.gif
Drive safely.
Think before you speed.
Think of your loved ones and be considerate to other road users.
Cheers.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Why no choice to put curtain on front wind screen? Liddat want go ECP, punggol end all this can hank panky without fear and trouble! biggrin.gif

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

En9913
  • En9913
    Banned

Edited by En9913, 17 June 2011 - 11:03 AM.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

Eric211
  • Eric211
    Clutched
    Author Image

Any one tried this before? http://www.ECASHADE.COM
Just called yesterday and quote Avante 4 window $388 

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

Nojoke123
  • Premium member
    Nojoke123
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thinking of install car life curtain also...
where is a good place to do that ?

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

Nojoke123
  • Premium member
    Nojoke123
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thinking of install car life curtain also...
where is a good place to do that ?

just bot them at Autobac...$32/pair....
DIY ...

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users