Car Curtains

Kelpie

The first generation toyota Estima Came with it factory fitted, and with electrical controls at console to draw or open curtains.

All windows except windscreen.

Understand cannot use when driving

Neutral Newbie

There are 2 main types of car curtain;

1) Generic DIY car curtain

This type of curtain comes in DIY packing. Two pieces in one pack. They come in rectangular shape and therefore only cover a portion of your car windows. The variation in size is like buying your underwear ie. S size, M size or L size. The sizes refer to the height of the curtain. You can buy generic car curtain in Autobuc, Mustafa, most sizable accessory shops and some online freelance sellers.

2) Customized car curtain

This type of curtains are made according to your car window shape and contour. They cover your car window fully all round, no gap. One side of customized car curtain is secured with velcro to form the tying end. Given that car windows come in all different shapes and sizes, ordering and installing can be tricky. That's why they are less common. Only some sizable accessory shops sell customized type but on ordering basis. There are a few online sellers for this type. Do your own search.

Edited by Samsu

I havent hear of any stories that LTA stop any car for car curtians....

i was thinking to get one too....

but the issue is " I cannot see outside, outside people also cannot see me."

I personally met a few aggressive drivers with curtains fitted... Maybe need be, he will just put the curtains to avoid making eye contact with others? [laugh]

But I still think curtains are meant for piak piak lah...

Seen quite a few passenger cars fitted with curtains for the front. A sai bo? [:p]

can...y not..i went through so many inspections with car curtains..TP LTA..all passed by so many times without stopping me...just make sure that u draw ur curtains only when parked...when u are driving...tie it up...no issues so far

can...y not..i went through so many inspections with car curtains..TP LTA..all passed by so many times without stopping me...just make sure that u draw ur curtains only when parked...when u are driving...tie it up...no issues so far

A bro in earlier post said his company vans' curtains all kana taken out...

But I more interested to know why you put up curtains har? Don't mind to share... [:p]

Supercharged

Why cannot? I put curtains on 4 of my car's door. Some more my curtains are the totally dark type, no light can shine thru. Totally block off the sun rays.

Supercharged

I think it will block the blind spot. No safe.

You can opt for the "fish net" type of curtain, like got small hole ones. These curtains can see thru, but cannot block off sunlight totally.

My BIL instal these type of curtain on his front windows becos of blind spot.

Why cannot? I put curtains on 4 of my car's door. Some more my curtains are the totally dark type, no light can shine thru. Totally block off the sun rays.

May I ask where yoy install & how much har? [:p]

Supercharged

May I ask where yoy install & how much har? [:p]

Buy from Autobacs, they have the most selections of curtains, many types. However their prices not cheap. I install it DIY. Autobacs can install for you but need to pay (I think is $10 one side).

Go buy it now.. tonight you can put it to "good use"... :D

↡ Advertisement