Bad service from Top93, ubi

SGCMniceguy

Neutral Newbie

My uncle went thre once when he collected his new car. He had the same impression that the boss was only interested in big $$$.

↡ Advertisement

I noe some shops give preferential treatment. I guess yr not regular compared to another who bring old car n the guy was friendly. Dun think its about status cos yrs is a bmw. Then he got no toyo honda bizness?

Anyway, its wrong to be rude n u can simply tell him off and patronise elsewhere. Rem he needs yr money but u dun nid his svc cos thr are many choices.

I second south east. Or i oso had good experience with Kah tyre, somewhr in Lavender. Pretty affordable if yr looking for Bridgestones.

My personal experience with Top 93 earlier this year in April.

I got to know about them as they advertise their custom made rims on BMW.sg forum.

Having changed my 125 coupe for a XC60, this shop was pretty attractive due to their custom made rims, letting u decide the pcd and offset and centrebore and whatnot. It's a headache searching for rims suitable for Volvos due to their particular pcd 5x108.

Besides selling custom made rims, they also deal in 2nd hand rims. In fact they have a basement stocked with lots of stock rims, well, mostly continental. And their showroom fronting the shop gives u a nice and comfy feel when selecting the custom made rims. I remember having to remove my shoes before entering this part of the shop.

At no point during my time there was I ever spoken rudely to or anything like that. Even though their prices are by no means cheap, (about $1900 per piece for a 20" without tyres) the guy that attended to me was patient and willing to share even though I was reluctant to make a decision at that first visit.

Just being objective here. They are a business. And businesses need to make money. When you don't agree with the prices, you part ways. There will always be some other place with prices that do meet your budget and expectations.

While I respect TS's integrity in telling his story, there's always 2 sides to a coin. So, I do not think ppl should be too quick to judge and say " boycott them" or something like that. Peace.

i went there so many time and never buy any rim from ah yang, he also never rude to me, surprise to hear that he is rude to client.

Maybe too much bargaining. Some bosses dun like tat.

Neutral Newbie

Before i took my car, i went to several shops to take a look.. i went to RayS to see, but they only have breyton which cost about $500 per rim and its made in china..

I also went to take a look at BBS chr rims from LS also, but their 19" one costs $750.. and they are cast made wheels..

I was actually looking for something light and strong and i heard my friend saying that Top93 have custom made forged rims available for different makes of car..

So i went to take a look at their shop and they reccommend me the brand BC forged wheels, but this brand is very expensive, So i asked the boss to give me some other reccommendations,

the boss did reccomend me BBS rims and some other taiwan rims..

But i told the boss my motive of going to his shop is to find some rims that are light and durable, strong.

The boss then proceeded to explain to me about his BC forged wheels, he explained it to me professionally and with patience about how BC makes their wheels and he did show me pictures of different cars fitted with BC wheels too,

So in the end i ordered a set of bc customised forged wheels from him, a 19" staggered setup, with 225/35/19 front and 255/30/19 back.

Although the whole package with michelin pss tyres cost $6300, but the boss traded in my new car 116i rims with delivery mileage of less than 100km and gave me the nett price of $5000 for the whole set after trade in..

Although i spent $5000 on this set of rims, but i feel that it is very worth it and the price is very fair compared to other forged wheels. I dont think feel that there is any problem with the boss, i feel that the boss is very friendly..

Ever after since i changed my set of rims, Everytime i go back to the store for rotation of tyres and pumping air for my tyres or repairing of my tyres and rims, the boss will never charge me, and i think that this shop is very good, the service is very good.

I went this shop with my son to get his new 116i new shoes (the only thing i can give for his new car). After surf online, was found that several good reviews (www.bmw.sg) about this BMW wheels shop. So no harm, went down from Pasir Ris to this wonderful shop with great hope to his new wheels. When we reached this tyre shop, we were greeted by two young men, I think they are tiremen. They were very helpful and we have no doubt looking and take our time to find suitable wheels for my son 116i...when we found one nice set of wheels, we were offered $2200 for a set of used wheels plus tyres. It was really overbudget. We then asked how much they can take in our wheels. they only can offered $300. For a set of RFT wheels which only used for 3 months, they only take in $300. We were very shocked. Then, I asked for discount, they have changed the price to $3300. The boss came out from the office and started bluffing us, they made a mistake telling us the wrong price. The boss, I think his name is Ah Yang, start barking at us saying "If you want cheap wheels, don't come here in mandarin!" I looked at him, and reply " I thought your company has good reputation and why your attitude so rude". He replied to me saying, "My shop sells expensive wheels, small car like you all, we don't do business...". To my shock again, this boss was so rude and impolite, very much like holigan by the road side. Immediately, I told my son to leave this awful place and remember not to visit this shop anymore. I believe all Singaporeans are not from wealthy family, but at least we deserved some respects. My son bought a new BMW by himself, though it is small, but I don't think he should be treated badly. Felt very shame on this tire shop, especially the boss. [furious]

Wah so good to be your children, bought a BMW for your daughter...and now new shoes for your son!

Not many ppl like you in Singapore....surprise you even try to bargain for a set of $2k used tires and rims.

Your 116i stock rim is only 16" right? That's a pretty good price, I traded in my 17" for $300 too. Some places only offer $200.

They probably will have a hard time selling your 16" stock rims and tires too.

My advise to you - STAY STOCK buddy.

Edited by F430

I do not know SGCMniceguy neither do I have any business relations with Top93, but honestly speaking I am very sceptical and highly suspicious with SGCMniceguy's review.

I was there looking at rims and it happened that he was also attending to an Indian father and son customer. It took My Yang a very long time but eventually closed the deal. He did share me that it was a very difficult deal with very low margin as the father and son drove a very hard bargain. As a matter of fact, I actually found the father abit annoying with the price bargaining but at no point in time did I see My Yang being rude to the customer.

In fact, I was so impressed with his patience and business ethics that I decided and bought a set of rims and tyres from him. I left the shop a happy customer.

There are always 2 side to a coin and perhaps there are some misunderstanding or miscommunication between you and Mr Yang that left such a bad impression on you.

It seemed to me that there are more positive than negative reviews, therefore I strongly urge those who have not been to the shop give Mr Yang a fair judgement.

Cheers!

Wah so good to be your children, bought a BMW for your daughter...and now new shoes for your son!

Not many ppl like you in Singapore....surprise you even try to bargain for a set of $2k used tires and rims.

Your 116i stock rim is only 16" right? That's a pretty good price, I traded in my 17" for $300 too. Some places only offer $200.

They probably will have a hard time selling your 16" stock rims and tires too.

My advise to you - STAY STOCK buddy.

Autokinetics took in 1 year old set of Audi A4 OEM rims (17") with 1 year old Michelin Primacy tyres for $600. Then the new set of 18" S5 replica rims & Michelin PSS 245/40/18 was $3.3k so all in all top up $2.7k.

Turbocharged

Wah, suddenly quite a few newbies (some with 1 post) come in to give shining review of the shop...haha.

ssshhhhh..... .sometimes newbies just come in like tat just to review n reply to 1 post, very suspicious leh [rolleyes]

ssshhhhh..... .sometimes newbies just come in like tat just to review n reply to 1 post, very suspicious leh [rolleyes]

you can cut and paste, you roughly know what's the story liowz [laugh]

Turbocharged

you can cut and paste, you roughly know what's the story liowz [laugh]

yeah, good reputation takes years build. 1 bad move and reputation goes diwn the drain.

real gold no scare fire burn [laugh] [laugh]

Autokinetics took in 1 year old set of Audi A4 OEM rims (17") with 1 year old Michelin Primacy tyres for $600. Then the new set of 18" S5 replica rims & Michelin PSS 245/40/18 was $3.3k so all in all top up $2.7k.

How much they will take in bmw stock 17" Run flat tires leh?

RFT tires quite hard compare to normal tires.

yeah, good reputation takes years build. 1 bad move and reputation goes diwn the drain.

real gold no scare fire burn [laugh] [laugh]

(why real gold not scare of fire???

fire still can melt gold.... see how strong is the fire [laugh][laugh] )

sometimes it better to just keep quiet, otherwise will confuse pple, just let the whole thing pass

↡ Advertisement