ST Forum: Don't Let Insurers Leave Car Owners In Renewal Fix

Vulcann

Yup! I agree here. If the customer is 'bad', the business should do all they can to further protect themselves. Knowing that one may be a future liability, guess then it makes sense to give a 'loading' premium, or not to renew, to play safe.

↡ Advertisement

this 2 fellas living in la-la-land is it ? So typical of Singaporeans thee days, at fault still complain. He never disclose how much is his total liability. Friend of my got into accident recently, and repair amounts to $103,000. No insurers except 1 wanted him -> Premium $6,000+, he said HENG AH and went down immediately to pay premium fearing that the insurer might change their mind :D

From the word NO CLAIM BONUS, it's a privilege, not entiltlement, insurer increased premium to cover one' loss seems reasonable to me.

Maybe these 2 jokers should start an insurance company so those 'poor' drivers can go patronise them and then they will cover all those buang drivers cheap cheap [:)]

Wah what car is that the damage so much? And I didn't know we have 19 insurance companies for car insurance here.

Is this the Bukit Panjang case? If I'm not wrong only recently?

yeah, sounds like it.....

...and the other side of the story [rolleyes]

From ST Forum:

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-...riving-20121003

WHY MOTOR INSURER REJECTED CLIENT

No insurance renewal for dangerous driving...

Published on Oct 03, 2012

MR TAN Yau Cher wrote that NTUC Income rejected his motor insurance renewal application for his family car, following a claim he made for an accident that happened when his daughter was driving it ("Don't let insurers leave car owners in renewal fix"; last Saturday).

We have clear video footage of the accident submitted by third-party claimants.

The evidence shows Mr Tan's daughter speeding towards the traffic junction and failing to stop at the red light.

More than five seconds had elapsed between the traffic light turning red and Ms Tan crossing the junction.

Her car collided with two vehicles, injuring a driver who had the right of way and causing damage to all three vehicles.

Ms Tan herself has seen this video footage.

NTUC Income never disputed that this was an accident and we accepted the claim.

However, we take a strong stand against dangerous driving and any disregard for the safety of people and property.

Given the evidence on hand, we decided not to renew the policy.

Peh Chee Keong

Vice-President and Head,

Motor Insurance

NTUC Income

NTUC should just release the video [sly]

NTUC should just release the video [sly]

and warnign to you ah....make sure u open your eyes before start thread....FINAL WARNING!

Next time u cannot login, u know why :angry: :angry: :angry:

One car hit two, and the red light is so obvious, unless the lady just turn colour blind, else must be doing something else.

Anyway, I still feel that the insurer should continue to allow main driver to purchase their insurance but don't allow to add the person that create the accident.

One car hit two, and the red light is so obvious, unless the lady just turn colour blind, else must be doing something else.

Anyway, I still feel that the insurer should continue to allow main driver to purchase their insurance but don't allow to add the person that create the accident.

yes, no putting her as the named driver. Her licence shud be gantung...really!

With more car cams on the road, more truth is exposed.

Certainly, insurance will take advantage.

But it should be good overall for everyone, except for those who try to lie and cheat.

With more car cams on the road, more truth is exposed.

Certainly, insurance will take advantage.

But it should be good overall for everyone, except for those who try to lie and cheat.

yup. Which is why i say, those car cameras should be mandatory. Since the technology is there, utilise it.

wah, the pedestrian crossing the road should thanks his/her lucky stars for the car taking the impact.

Turbocharged

This would be a better solutiuon - restrict what policy he can buy and who is covered by it.

wah, the pedestrian crossing the road should thanks his/her lucky stars for the car taking the impact.

this one really not time....

yalor!!! what if the honda jazz is a tua lorlee!!! [mad][mad][mad]

↡ Advertisement