Ridiculous pricing of Finevu CAr Camera

Roadhogger

I am wondering how a distributor sell a item CR300HD that is listed by manufacturer for 295000KRW(SGD330 equivalent) as SGD599 here in Singapore? Are you blatantly ripping us off?

Given you as the "distributor" Normally I would expect the price difference to be minimal from what they are recommended/selling!

online_CR300HD.gif

Edited by Roadhogger
↡ Advertisement

actually, if not happy with the price, buy direct from source of country lor.

i think the local distributor have to factor in warranty issues, such as postage for sending in the faulty set as well as providing a replacement set etc.

my latest car-cam is the hdvr-150, bought from amazon for S$200, saw in 1 of the post that a local auto accessories shop is selling the exact same model for more than S$400 [knife]

actually, if not happy with the price, buy direct from source of country lor.

i think the local distributor have to factor in warranty issues, such as postage for sending in the faulty set as well as providing a replacement set etc.

my latest car-cam is the hdvr-150, bought from amazon for S$200, saw in 1 of the post that a local auto accessories shop is selling the exact same model for more than S$400 [knife]

EXACTLY!! I only see exotic/premium stuff like watches sell above list price...Car Camera???WTF?! MAnufaturer to DISTRIBUTOR prices should already factor in all those MISC cost! If Finevu listed KRW600000 for that item then I think it might look better and potential buyer not feel slaughter by the distributor!

This is outright ALL DAY ROBBERY!!!

Would you sell something for $50 when you know there are people willing to pay $100 for it?

HOw do you know people are willing to pay this?

Obviously this is not exotic watches!

Similar to HDB resale flat. Its up to the seller to shout out their prices and a willing buyer to accept the terms. If you think its too expensive, just walk away.

Am looking for car camera below $200. Any recommendations? [:p]

HD JWD Digital Video Car Camera R310 is less than $200 if you're a SAFRA member.

By the way, I haven't try that one yet, don't know the quality. Anyone using or wan to try first? ;)

the point of this thread is? If you are warning us, thank you. Else, as mentioned, caveat emptor. If too ex, then find another. there is no need to start a thread for this here.

If you want recommendations, go to the in-vehicle recorder thread!

There r so many things that r so cheap RRP in their country of origin.

Cars also same, cheap from manufacturers but dunno y in Singapore so Ex, still got pple buy.

Ex, dun buy lor...

i am using this camera and also bought from the same seller, Kiwav.

take note the price is in USD.

Seller is excellent, kiWav. I got another HD one but realised the images not far off. Put this back to use as the build quality is so much better!!

Similar to HDB resale flat. Its up to the seller to shout out their prices and a willing buyer to accept the terms. If you think its too expensive, just walk away.

HDB is obviously a different market totally....its open..did gahment set a reference pricing? NO!

FineVu DID!

There r so many things that r so cheap RRP in their country of origin.

Cars also same, cheap from manufacturers but dunno y in Singapore so Ex, still got pple buy.

Ex, dun buy lor...

CAr are actually cheap...no matter where. Its the country TAx and MISC surcharges that causes the high price here.

(edited)

the point of this thread is? If you are warning us, thank you. Else, as mentioned, caveat emptor. If too ex, then find another. there is no need to start a thread for this here.

If you want recommendations, go to the in-vehicle recorder thread!

Yes, to warn all. Just another to highlight, after 30% discount still 420bucks... This is just too ridiculous.

Edited by Roadhogger

such practice happens in all trades ma.

example i go check internet pricing for my car parts. so cheap when i order overseas.

but the local workshop charge me about 2 times the price yet i dont complain.

reason being :-

1) buying from overseas comes with some issue/risk - what if they shipped the wrong part, what if you order the wrong part, what if the part is not working, what if after installed liao spoil within 1 month, how to claim warranty

2) package deal (coming with installation ) are typically more expensive

3) i don't have to wait if i need the part, and if i don't need to waste space storing it if i order it in advance

recently i was shopping for lightings and i find the prices expensive. so i just walk away, feeling this shop is just not for me. but i didn't really complain much. different strokes for different folks.

↡ Advertisement