AA car evaluation report for the second hand car I'm buying

Newdrive

i4oiv8.jpg

Hi guys,

Some of you might be aware I am buying a second hand Jazz... this is AA evaluation report.

I am not a merchanical person so need some expert advise if its worth to get this car.

Particularly these few issues:

- Rattling noise when change "D" to "R" : Is this serious? Gearbox related? Need repair or replace?

- Bottom of gearbox seepage: Can this be fixed? Will it affect my gearbox?

- Possible missing front reinforcement bar: AA told me yesterday they check a newer Jazz model have this but mine don't have. Can any 2005 Jazz owner advise me? Heard from AA it can be quite serious as I dun have any front protection without this bar.

Please also point out if anything you feel is critical (minus cosmetic)...

Thank you so much! [:(]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Still need to ask? :o

It is obvious you should not buy this car.

Yeah...

Both front and back showing signs of accident repair, sounds like the car buang pretty bad.

And lack of bar would seem to reinforce this (damaged and they never replace)

Gear box is anothers problem. The leakage showed that GB can be faulty soon.

GB repair can be very expensive.

There are many 2nd hand Jazz in the market, look for another one.

Edited by Tohto

Turbocharged

yup look for another one bro. those are quite costly problems to resolve ... plus safety seems to be an issue ... dont risk it!

Exhaust changed to aftermarket - to me it's a sign owner was speedster or car modifier. Normal driver wont bother to do so.

that's why I advocate AA check, they are damn merciless [laugh] but this car is really [sweatdrop] All others still considered relatively minor and won't cost a bomb to replace, but if Gearbox up lorry [bigcry]

Edited by Othello

that's why I advocate AA check, they are damn merciless [laugh] but this car is really [sweatdrop] All others still considered relatively minor and won't cost a bomb to replace, but if Gearbox up lorry [bigcry]

I always use AA, very detailed report. If the car had been in an accident and repainted, you should be able to tell from the report (ie. paint thickness gauge).

Hi guys,

Some of you might be aware I am buying a second hand Jazz... this is AA evaluation report.

I am not a merchanical person so need some expert advise if its worth to get this car.

Particularly these few issues:

- Rattling noise when change "D" to "R" : Is this serious? Gearbox related? Need repair or replace?

- Bottom of gearbox seepage: Can this be fixed? Will it affect my gearbox?

- Possible missing front reinforcement bar: AA told me yesterday they check a newer Jazz model have this but mine don't have. Can any 2005 Jazz owner advise me? Heard from AA it can be quite serious as I dun have any front protection without this bar.

Please also point out if anything you feel is critical (minus cosmetic)...

Thank you so much! [:(]

Based on 11 or 37 only its a no go. This has both in addition to others.

Twincharged

Can tell this car got into a bad accident and not repaired properly. Gearbox probably going to give alot of problems as well. lol.

Just checking. This AA report, is it the same as VICOM or Cannt remb is name.

Becos, i nvr trust dealers telling me can send for evaluation report if you scare.

I think i trust my own eyes more than send to them. Nvr knw they good friend or nt helping one another scratch backside.

Neutral Newbie

Just to confirm AA reports means if i'm AA member, i can opt for AA report free? and don't need to go VICOM right? I currently have intention to trade in my car to get another car soon. Please advise, thanks!

↡ Advertisement