Tailor/custom made shirts & trousers

Mugen85

I make shirts at Amari Watergate hotel.

I prefer to bring a current shirt sample that I like the fit and cutting to them, choose fabric, tell them what design u want, want pocket yes no.. it's 1000THB to 1200THB per shirt depending material and complication of design. Next day sample fitting, another 1-2 days for collection.

Alternatively, if need to leave Bangkok and cannot wait and wouldn't be back to Bangkok in another 1 month or more, Pay 1000THB for delivery to your SG doorstep.. takes 2-3 weeks.. Probably by ship or truck

I already made mine at Alex's Fashion, Amari Watergate Hotel last year.

The shirts I made were great, very fitting, make me look slimmer. My wife say one. [grin]

↡ Advertisement

Patronized one such shop before in deep Bukit Panjang area and had a bad experience. The tailors were non-locals. Measured my waist and the tape was held very tightly. I reminded him it might be too tight and he insisted it was alright. 2 weeks later when the pants were ready and I tried, true enough, they did not fit. The tailors denied and insisted that I had a heavy dinner before putting on the pants. After much argument, they agreed to alter the pants. After the alteration, one could see the previous sewing marks at the released seams, and it looked as though they could give way any time.

After wearing the pants for one day, the poor quality textile material released bad smell. The back pocket was not strong enough to support my wallet and a hole was almost indented. My other cheap Giodano pants had no such issues.

The experience was really bad. Poor quality and bad service. Will never patronize such shops again.

That's such a funny excuse.

You should have asked him

"So all your customers cannot have heavy dinners?"

:D

Ups for this thread. Im looking for a good tailorship in formal and semi formal mens wear in SG. Looking at mid to high end range.

Side track a bit, I went bangkok tailor last year and seriously its overated.

high end? would you like to try victor york? i called them previously as i have $300 discount vouchers for their tailored suit. in the end, they charge from $160 for shirts and from $1000 for suits (jacket and pants) [sweatdrop]

did some research and so far only seen good reviews about their excellent customer service and tailoring.

http://www.victoryork.com/the-boutique-by-the-river/

looking forward to your review if you choose to visit them!

I already made mine at Alex's Fashion, Amari Watergate Hotel last year.

The shirts I made were great, very fitting, make me look slimmer. My wife say one. [grin]

that's great! How much is one shirt for Alex?

Ups for this thread. Im looking for a good tailorship in formal and semi formal mens wear in SG. Looking at mid to high end range.

Side track a bit, I went bangkok tailor last year and seriously its overated.

in SG, I go to Tessuti located at Peninsula, owner is David. I have patronized them for many years, mainly make pants and suits. Shirts I make in Bangkok as I usually make 10 at one go

high end? would you like to try victor york? i called them previously as i have $300 discount vouchers for their tailored suit. in the end, they charge from $160 for shirts and from $1000 for suits (jacket and pants) [sweatdrop]

did some research and so far only seen good reviews about their excellent customer service and tailoring.

http://www.victoryork.com/the-boutique-by-the-river/

looking forward to your review if you choose to visit them!

Thanks for your input. I have since emailed them my enquiries. They responded within a day, that was fast!

Btw, Bespoke and Made to measure price rate differences a lot .

That's such a funny excuse.

You should have asked him

"So all your customers cannot have heavy dinners?"

:D

LOL

in SG, I go to Tessuti located at Peninsula, owner is David. I have patronized them for many years, mainly make pants and suits. Shirts I make in Bangkok as I usually make 10 at one go

Thanks for your input !

Turbocharged

using joe's tailor at market street. shirts fit perfectly. trousers even more so. my last 15-20 trousers + several suits all done by them.

• Praise 1

using joe's tailor at market street. shirts fit perfectly. trousers even more so. my last 15-20 trousers + several suits all done by them.

I'll second that! Joe is the only tailor I uses in Singapore. Very good workmanship.

• Praise 1

Whats the price range like? Mid-high?

haha ok saw the website...

Thanks for your input. I have since emailed them my enquiries. They responded within a day, that was fast!

Btw, Bespoke and Made to measure price rate differences a lot .

>< so whats the exact price range for their services?

Turbocharged

haha ok saw the website...

a good 2pc will set you back between $800-$1000 depending on material. 3pc is about $200 more, on average.

you'd definitely have to go in and discuss with them ... i introduced a friend who was close to 190cm and he says they did one of the best suits he has ever had, because they got the proportions right down to a tee.

if you go in during lunch hour, you'll see how many (satisfied) customers they have :D

I just tailored 2 shirts and 1 pants at Paul's fashion at Amari Watergate in BKK.

I did not do fittings so I can get the stuff in 2 days but note that they are closed on Sunday. If fitting required, would need 1 more day.

I am satisfied with the quality and fit.

I used to go to Men's tradition in Peninsula shipping centre but have stopped going to them for a few years.

• Praise 1

Between 160 - 275+. What i like is their fast and sweet response within a day .

I emailed them before i sleep,next morning my mobile beep me - got a message from Victor York !

Indeed all good reviews !

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowUserReviews-g294265-d6224857-r205178539-Victor_York_The_Boutique_By_the_River-Singapore.html

a good 2pc will set you back between $800-$1000 depending on material. 3pc is about $200 more, on average.

you'd definitely have to go in and discuss with them ... i introduced a friend who was close to 190cm and he says they did one of the best suits he has ever had, because they got the proportions right down to a tee.

if you go in during lunch hour, you'll see how many (satisfied) customers they have :D

ok 190cm thats an americano height !

• Praise 1

bro , after so many choices I have finally made my choice - Victor York. Shop is cosy and there are a few clients already there when I reached the venue.

I have my measurements done and cloth selections. Ordered 3 pc long sleeve shirts and one pant about $600+. Got further discount from Citibank Platinum Visa of 15% off , eventually reduced to $500+.

Hehe..

↡ Advertisement