Proof that the Nissan GTR is not idiot-proof

Macrosszero

It goes airborne, lands badly, then charges across a roundabout, out of control. No amount of electronic wizardry could save the car......

The irony is that the camera car (an M3) was driving just as quickly at the GTR that crashed...... the driver is so well qualified to judge [hur]

Edited by Macrosszero
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Well...considering camera car never crash, he got a lot of right to comment.

But this is alot about local knowledge....if dunno the road and try to be clever then can have problems - if following someone that knows the road, don't be a smart arse.

Probably when the GTR landed after "flying" the driver was bouncing around and couldn't control his arms properly so the car pointed left for a moment. Said driver probably panicked and zham brake to correct the heading and that's when it all failed.

The late great George Carlin did say,

""Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac stupid f--king retard?"

Apparently US$15,000 worth of damage......

Watch-A-Nissan-GT-R-Get-Airborne-And-Crash-UPDATE.jpg

Turbocharged

On rewatch also notice that when the crash GTR pass there was a solid yellow line (meaning no overtaking).

This should have been a leeetle bit of a hint to him that not a good place to pass.

Sometimes this sort of thing is a matter of chance/skill also. Even the best rally drivers can get into the four-wheeled equivalent of a tank slapper that they have no hope of recovering from. But all of them were on a fast road drive going well above the speed limit. In the other video you will see there are other performance cars in the convoy. I've been on such convoys before both locally and abroad, and despite the best of briefings and warnings, more often than not, reckless driving rears its ugly head.

Sometimes this sort of thing is a matter of chance/skill also. Even the best rally drivers can get into the four-wheeled equivalent of a tank slapper that they have no hope of recovering from. But all of them were on a fast road drive going well above the speed limit. In the other video you will see there are other performance cars in the convoy. I've been on such convoys before both locally and abroad, and despite the best of briefings and warnings, more often than not, reckless driving rears its ugly head.

When a car bounces at high speeds really no joke liao, kinda hard to control. My ride is always set with stiffest coilover setting. ECP both directions at keppel area the roads are pretty bumpy. When traffic is light and I speed a little, sometimes legs will shift away from position liao. Hands will also left-right abit from impact. Must really have full concentration during such non-smooth terrain drives.

It gets even worse on windy M'sian b-roads, but the experience is fun of course lol :D

Edited by Hotshot85

From across the Causeway.

KUANTAN (Oct 7, 2012): Four people died on the spot and two others suffered serious injuries when two cars lost control and hit a tree at Jalan Haji Ahmad 1 while on their way to Semambu, early this morning.

During the 4am incident, the two cars, believed to be speeding, lost control under wet conditions and crashed into trees by the road side.

Pahang police Administration and Traffic enforcement officer ASP Zainalabidin Othman said the four victims killed in the accident were the driver of a Nissan GTR, Tan Kah Yong, 24, passenger Bao Shanshan who was seated in the front, Go Haw Wei, 20, the driver of a Nissan Skyline car and passenger Koay Khor Liang, 21, who was seated in the front seat.

"Initial investigations revealed that the two cars, heading to Semambu from Kuantan, were speeding but lost control due to wet road conditions before crashing into trees," he told Bernama here today.

He added that two more passengers from the Nissan GTR car, whose identities have yet to be determined, were seriously injured.

"The driver of the Nissan GTR and Nissan Skyline are businessmen while the passengers are workers at a spa. The bodies of the dead were later sent to the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital in Kuantan for post-mortem," he said.

Turbocharged

Funny, both are Nissan GTR, but the article quotes one as a GTR and the other as a Skyline. I was expecting an R32/33/34.

For the earlier models they were called Skyline GTR, for the latest model, the name skyline was dropped.

Yes, I know my GTRs, Darryn. But from the images both were post-R34 GTRs that should not have the "Skyline" name. One is white and one is grey. But the article referred to a Nissan GTR and a Nissan Skyline.

Turbocharged

RIP. but seems they are quite young and probably inexperienced. in rain, i normally use comfort + snow mode .. so the pedal actually requires a lot more force .. i think it lowers the max rpm for shifting also. even road a bit wet, i'll use snow mode.

Turbocharged

Yes, I know my GTRs, Darryn. But from the images both were post-R34 GTRs that should not have the "Skyline" name. One is white and one is grey. But the article referred to a Nissan GTR and a Nissan Skyline.

Stewpid reporter...

Sorry, I dun know them well enough to spot by sight..

I wonder if there was surface water that caused both to crash.....

businessmen while the passengers are workers at a spa.

24yr old + 20yr old businessmen with spa 'workers' ar

my guess is car in front lost control and crashed, car behind tried to avoid but ended up crashing also.

lots moar pictures in the link

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement