15000 recalled...BM service centers will be packed

Tayspiderx

SINGAPORE: Borneo Motors, the distributor of Toyota cars in Singapore, said 15,000 Toyota vehicles here are affected by Toyota Motor's latest global recall over a possible fire risk.

The affected models are the Toyota Camry, Toyota Vios, Toyota Altis and the Toyota RAV 4.

Toyota ordered the recall because of a faulty power window switch which could be a potential fire hazard.

Borneo Motors marketing director Klaus Redomske said affected customers will be notified by mail.

He added that these vehicles will be covered by a special service campaign.

Toyota's global recall affects 7.43 million vehicles worldwide.

They were made between July 2005 and May 2010.

Toyota said the process to repair the fault involves putting heat-resistant grease on the switches, or exchanging them.

The owner of a local rental car agency told Channel NewsAsia that the recall would affect his operations as half his fleet are Toyota models.

C&P Rent-A-Car's chief executive officer Loi Win Yen, said: "I mean it's disruptive because I have to take back the car, send the car in for defect rectification and give a replacement car to the hirer.

"But that's probably going to be completed I guess in a matter of time so to me it's not really that big an issue."

- CNA/fa

Better siam BM service center coming week

↡ Advertisement

Mine already out of warranty so doesn't affect me since I went outside for normal servicing.......unless mine is one of those to be recalled.... [bigcry]

Mine already out of warranty so doesn't affect me since I went outside for normal servicing.......unless mine is one of those to be recalled.... [bigcry]

Regardless of warranty status, I think they will still call u back if ur car is on the list....

Regardless of warranty status, I think they will still call u back if ur car is on the list....

That's what I hope I can be lucky that I'm not in the list of 15000.......just replaced my power window's motor last month on the driver side when it went dead....... [bigcry]

Mine is a 2009 model.. Hmmm.. Scary le..

One day when my front passenger try to wind down the window but got no reaction, i thought i had window lock on but it was unlock. Until i touch the switch on my side then i realize the switch got stuck on the up position, give it a nudge and it fall back into the neutral position. Guess i am lucky the switch didnt get stuck for long as i have this bad habit of clicking on the switches to make sure all the windows are close when i drive off... even if i didnt get recall think i will knock on BM's door.

. ...Guess i am lucky the switch didnt get stuck for long as i have this bad habit of clicking on the switches to make sure all the windows are close when i drive off... even if i didnt get recall think i will knock on BM's door.

I used to have this habit as well, of making double sure the power windows are closed. However, I believed each time I click the switch, the motor will tension the cable further and largely contributed to the cracking of the plastic pulley bracket. Now stop this habit to avoid future problems.

This is going to hit their profit and revenue figures...I know many of the Jap car makers are also cutting production in their factories in China....i wonder how long the repair job will take? And I doubt these car owners will get a replacement vehicle during the repair period....

BM will see this as opportunity to make $$...to promo those recalled with further servicing package...free car assessment which will curb out list of other need to replace parts.

That's what I hope I can be lucky that I'm not in the list of 15000.......just replaced my power window's motor last month on the driver side when it went dead....... [bigcry]

Just the switch fault not the motor fault.

BM will see this as opportunity to make $$...to promo those recalled with further servicing package...free car assessment which will curb out list of other need to replace parts.

you should refrain from posting things which are not true

Mine is a 2009 model.. Hmmm.. Scary le..

Mine is 2008 model, just wait for BM's notification lor. Should be a small issue, I have faith in Toyota. [rolleyes]

Mine is 2008 model, just wait for BM's notification lor. Should be a small issue, I have faith in Toyota. [rolleyes]

hope wont be too long.. hahaah.. me too.. In Toyota We Trust.. [:p][rolleyes]

you should refrain from posting things which are not true

Well, opportunist or not they can offer but in the end you as customer can always reject base on whether the outcome may indeed in both parties interest.

+1

he is biased against BM. let the customers decide for themselves whether BM is good. posting such slanderous posts against BM show us the type of character this man has.

Clearly you have not been to any AD service centres lately.

Service centre operates to market after sales products be it packages or replacing wear n tear, even chance upon to intro new cars, thats a norm across the board not exclusive to just BM.

Marketing works in multiple ways, just that some of us may be unconscious of them.