• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
75 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Mach7
  • Mach7
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Does anyone out there own Blaupunkt New York 800 Multimedia Player?

This unit comes with

1) GPS navigation
2) USB media player
3) Reverse camera support
4) Bluetooth Parrot Mobile connection
5) DVD player
6) etc

This is the product source and specifications.

http://www.blaupunkt...a...cache=1&L=1

Any comments and feedback such as performance, reliability and support for servicing?

Thank you very much.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just installed the New York 800 at Autobac and contacted blaupunkt email support to find out that the user define wallpaper needs to be in bmp (800x480) and to be installed from the micro sd card (not the one with papago map!).
So far very satisfied with the unit except still need to figure out how to use the built in Bluetooth. Good thing is the touchscreen is user friendly and can be easily figured out without referring to manual. But the manual is very basic and not much technical info in it like the wallpaper info mentioned above.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just want to add that the GPS is a bit slow as it needs a few minutes to acquire the satellites when started in built up areas in between HDB blocks.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

finally found out how to operate bluetoorh. Though begin dialing by pressing big green phone icon on left but it is actually the small grey icon on the right to dial.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Got the New York 800 at an offer price of $718 with installation

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

AndrewLee72
  • Premium member
    AndrewLee72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Wah 718 with installation - where.... I got mine at 699 + 50 ... zzzzz

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How do you find the GPS? Is satellite acquisition a bit slow on your unit too?

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

LoverofCar
  • Premium member
    LoverofCar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Most car integrated with high end audio now...still can sell meh?

''Don't take life too serious...learn to forgive and forget..after all.....no one get out of life......alive''

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

How do you find the GPS? Is satellite acquisition a bit slow on your unit too?

Thinking of getting screen protector for the New York 800. Any one know of where to get and how much it will cost? Autobac at Bukit Batok does not provide this service when I checked today.

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thinking of getting screen protector for the New York 800. Any one know of where to get and how much it will cost? Autobac at Bukit Batok does not provide this service when I checked today.

Bought a screen protector at $13 and need to cut a little to fit the NY 800 screen. After fixing the protector discovered that the whole screen could not be operated at all. Went to Autobac and they just asked me to remove the protector saying it is incompatible and I have to do that myself. Any of you have similar problem with screen protector on the NY800?

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Jasonxu
  • Jasonxu
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

hey guys, why not try some new brand car multimedia player? $718 is a little bit expensive
our latest unit comes with:
1, Dual-core ARM A9 1.6G and ARM II processor
2, Android 4.1 system, more fluent and compatible
3, Unlimited upgrading, perfectly support Android 5.0
4, Switch between WINCE and Android, more stable
5, Support WIFI/3G
6, 1080p HD support RMVB all video formats with 1920x1080 decoding
7, Support HD TV-OUT (CVBS, YUV, HDMI)
8, 5.1 Channel high definition audio supports loss-less music format
9, HD touch panel LCD
10, Multi-language menu
etc............
and its price is just around $400...........

the brand name is newsmy, if you are interested, pleasde feel free to contact me.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Speak_listen
  • Speak_listen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Got the New York 800 at an offer price of $718 with installation

can share where you got it?

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Winning12
  • Winning12
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Got my new york 800 at the kaki bukit area. I was quoted at only 699 including installation. After the installation ended, i happen to see some DVR on the display rack. Asked for advise from the installer and was recommended smarty DVR from korea which can link up the video source into the player. Was quoted 288 excluding installtion but the installer offer free 8gb card and installation for free. Feel paiseh coz he need to remove the player again just to input the AV cable for me. Later i asked others items can be added, He asked me whether i wanted to install mobile TV. Okay i on it becasue my wife and parent like to watch TV program. In the end spend $1300 nett. Heart abit pain. but i feel it worth it coz the workmanship is very well done and knowlegable.

Damage
DVD $699
DVR $288
TV $320 bounce2.gif

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Benchiek
  • Benchiek
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi lvrcar58, did you have to trade in you old head unit to get the offer price of $688 from autubacs ? What the others who did other place ?

Edited by Benchiek, 16 December 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Winning12
  • Winning12
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

No i did it without trade in my old headunit. I was told it was worthless as mine is only CD player. Was advise to keep it for future if needed to scrap car or change car. Then can install back the cd player

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Benchiek
  • Benchiek
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks .. I feel abit cheated as I am not aware that autobacs price was with trade in and was only told so after paying and installation was done. The person showed me a poster in the shop. Wanted to keep the old unit which is a decent alphine 2-din if I do sell the car in future. Not sure whether there is any recourse. Just wanted to check whether lvrcar58 also trade in, so maybe I got a better case if he did not.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Ashaybhise
  • Ashaybhise
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Please send me details.
Does it have gps ?
Any pictures and Boucher to refer to ?

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

can share where you got it?

I got my NY800 at Autobac Bukit Batok

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

AndrewLee72
  • Premium member
    AndrewLee72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hey current users, do you find the Radio - regardless which station, during the drive, sometimes the reception is very good then as your car move, the reception maybe drop abit then good again. Can notice the sound quality deviate alot.

Do you guys have the same feedback on the Radio reception? Thanksss....

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Lcvcar58
  • Lcvcar58
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks .. I feel abit cheated as I am not aware that autobacs price was with trade in and was only told so after paying and installation was done. The person showed me a poster in the shop. Wanted to keep the old unit which is a decent alphine 2-din if I do sell the car in future. Not sure whether there is any recourse. Just wanted to check whether lvrcar58 also trade in, so maybe I got a better case if he did not.

I did not have to trade in my old Blaupukt CD player as the salesman said it is worthless and asked me to keep just in case I want to sell my car. The total price I paid was 698 + 30 for installation.

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Blaupunkt New York 800

Blaupunkt New York 800  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Rilla  |  Neutral Newbie

Wide variety of different entertainment options an

This multimedia player can superior route guidance and an integrated hands-free operating system via Bluetooth make driving relaxed and stress-free. The optionally available back-up camera also makes parking easier than ever before. In additi... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Blaupunkt New York 800

Quick Reply

Tags: blaupunkt, york, multimedia and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users