Blaupunkt New York 800 Multimedia Player review

Mach7

Neutral Newbie

Any idea how to check the map version? Today can't key in Lakepoint onto the unit so it appears the map is not updated properly. Anyone know how to check the map version and how to upload the map? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Any idea how to check the map version? Today can't key in Lakepoint onto the unit so it appears the map is not updated properly. Anyone know how to check the map version and how to upload the map? Thanks.

i also have a qns with regards to the maps, how often are the maps updated? my only concern is whether the map are up to date as i travel about in msia quite often.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Got my New York 800 installed today @ u audio car. All up $699 + $15 for side brackets, no trade-in required. Professionally installed and showed me how to use the unit as well.

One or two issues though,

1) Cant skip tracks while maps are showing. Need to exit maps and press next. - This is not too bad.

2) Cant mute GPS talking instructions. - Even when u lower down to zero, the volume of the music you're playing will still lower a little bit at every instruction.

Is there a way to turn it off completely?

3) Some of the map address are wrong. And this is not only for new addresses. I keyed in 701 West Coast Road to give it a try. Instead it was leading me to another part of west coast road all the way to the other side. Later when I arrived at the actual location, the GPS tells me it is at 181 West Coast Road, where the block number clearly says 701...

Question is... is papago the only gps software compatible with the NY800? Ive used tomtom in the past, and it is the best so far IMO.

I mean, the last thing you want is your friend laughing at you when the gps brings you to a wrong place and you're still $700 out of pocket.

Cheers

Sri

Neutral Newbie

Hi Lcvcar85,

Heres the map info that you wanted... it is in change settings, bottom most page.

Version:

PaPaGO! X8.5.10 Build: Nov 4 2011 (11:06:01)

Map Switch:

MFM PPG Version 8-12-11

Neutral Newbie

Hi Lcvcar85,

Heres the map info that you wanted... it is in change settings, bottom most page.

Version:

PaPaGO! X8.5.10 Build: Nov 4 2011 (11:06:01)

Map Switch:

MFM PPG Version 8-12-11

Thanks for the info. Will reply to the email support that I have received from papago customer support and see whether is there a newer map available.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has any idea why the HU is not reading my micro sd card fully?? I've put about 1000+ songs on it but when I play it and put it on shuffle, it only shuffle say maybe the forst 150 songs or so, and not the other. Any idea why?? It can see the songs as I can see it on the list, just not putting it under the shuffle list.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info. Will reply to the email support that I have received from papago customer support and see whether is there a newer map available.

Got an email from GPS customer support saying that the MFM map can download it from the malfreemap website and the sla map need to go down to UBI for update. Address is Blk 3014 A Ubi Road 1 #05-03 (408703), Tel:67431756.

Will call to check on the charges first before going down to get it done.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone has any idea why the HU is not reading my micro sd card fully?? I've put about 1000+ songs on it but when I play it and put it on shuffle, it only shuffle say maybe the forst 150 songs or so, and not the other. Any idea why?? It can see the songs as I can see it on the list, just not putting it under the shuffle list.

Your 1000+ songs should be in several folders right. My is organized according to the CD I used to rip the songs. So if shuffling you will only shuffle the songs in that folder I guess. When I play the songs I will select the folder first then play all the songs in it (usually about 20 songs the most)

Yes! I have the same experience. I tried abit of experimenting... Seem that it does not affect stations that do not offer rds, like 89.3. For those with, like 933, you can try to select europe(lw) as the radio region then make sure the 'TA' word is not highlighted and 'AF' is highlighted. This is the best so far for me, tho there is still a abit of fluctuation in volume. I'm going to drop blaupunkt an email soon to find out the exact cause.

Yes!!! You are right.

Just installed mine at WeeHeng last week.

When the radio is loud, it is very obvious and annoying

While driving, sometimes it's clear and louder, sometimes it's muffled and soft.

My other 3 passengers in the car thought my radio tuner was not connected properly.

Naturally, I went back to Weeheng to feedback.

They checked with Blaupunkt and they say that

this is because this is a european set. It is affected by the TA in the RDS.

The Blaupunkt engineer will come down to their shop to assist customers to flash their firmware for asian use.

I ask them when? They says in a few weeks time but no firm date yet.

They write down my number and will contact me again.

I have tried disable RDS also the same.

I have tried to set the TA to lower but the lowest is at 10.

I use your recommended setting and it is slightly better but still there.

As mentioned, it is affecting those station using RDS but most of the Sg stations are using RDS.

Anyway have to live with this for the time being.

What is the format for video when using SD Card or USB?

I have quite a few movies(filename.mp4) but cannot show in set.

Neutral Newbie

Doesn't play .mp4

Ive used a free converted online and converted everything to .avi

The RDS is quite irritating. Ive changed the settings for my radio to asia. So now no RDS. Have to say, the stations are alot clearer.

Only difference is the name of the station doesnt appear. Thats it. When media corp starts sending traffic and song information via RDS then ill switch back. Otherwise its all the same.

Cheers.

There are 4 maps if I am not wrong.

Indonesia-navigasi

Thailand-tht

MFM-Malaysia and Sg map(Sg map not so detail) Malfree Map.

SLA map- Sg map

Go into the papago navigation, press on the bottom left of the screen and a word menu will come out.

Go to menu-setting and scroll down to almost bottom, you can choose the map.

The installer tell me to use SLA while in Singapore as it is more detailed.

Thanks. I have converted all my video to avi and screen size 780x480.

It works. I can now store all my kids movies in SD or thumb drive and play.

As for the radio, sigh.....

Anyone has their email address and has written to Blaupunkt yet?

Can ask them to quickly put a Singapore firmware update in their website for us to download??

It is kind of annoying with the radio sound.

One moment loud and clear, one moment soft and muffled.

Other than the RDS, the rest of the features are excellent considering the price.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...p;product=32843

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Lowincome,

I had no idea I could do that. I managed to change the maps to SLA. However I think the maps are still old as there is the same mistakes as the MFM maps.

Will try to contact the SLA office that Lvcar58 posted about updating it.

Can anyone tell me if the reverse camera screen comes with distance markers?

Thanks!

Are you referring to the color lines that shows on the screen?

If it is so, then it depend on the camera and not the head unit.

Most of the reverse camera now has these lines/marker.

↡ Advertisement