Blaupunkt New York 800 Multimedia Player review

Mach7

Neutral Newbie

hey guys, why not try some new brand car multimedia player? $718 is a little bit expensive

our latest unit comes with:

1, Dual-core ARM A9 1.6G and ARM II processor

2, Android 4.1 system, more fluent and compatible

3, Unlimited upgrading, perfectly support Android 5.0

4, Switch between WINCE and Android, more stable

5, Support WIFI/3G

6, 1080p HD support RMVB all video formats with 1920x1080 decoding

7, Support HD TV-OUT (CVBS, YUV, HDMI)

8, 5.1 Channel high definition audio supports loss-less music format

9, HD touch panel LCD

10, Multi-language menu

etc............

and its price is just around $400...........

the brand name is newsmy, if you are interested, pleasde feel free to contact me.

Hi - I am really interested could you please send me more details

Yes! I have the same experience. I tried abit of experimenting... Seem that it does not affect stations that do not offer rds, like 89.3. For those with, like 933, you can try to select europe(lw) as the radio region then make sure the 'TA' word is not highlighted and 'AF' is highlighted. This is the best so far for me, tho there is still a abit of fluctuation in volume. I'm going to drop blaupunkt an email soon to find out the exact cause.

You manage to get any reply from blaupunkt

Has anyone who have installed this system managed to also get their steering wheel remote control to work?

What does it take (additional equipment? or just wiring?) , and what is the damage?

Does the Blaupunkt unit come with Singapore, Malaysia as well as Thailand maps?

I'm interested to know - especially for Honda and Mitsubishi...

Also curious to know if the selection for the reverse camera showing mirror image (or just normal image) is done at the head unit or as a switch on the camera itself? Just very confused on this.

Thanks!

post-124505-1359439308_thumb.jpg

Has anyone who have installed this system managed to also get their steering wheel remote control to work?

What does it take (additional equipment? or just wiring?) , and what is the damage?

Does the Blaupunkt unit come with Singapore, Malaysia as well as Thailand maps?

I'm interested to know - especially for Honda and Mitsubishi...

Also curious to know if the selection for the reverse camera showing mirror image (or just normal image) is done at the head unit or as a switch on the camera itself? Just very confused on this.

Thanks!

There is a black cable for steering wheel control. Not really sure how it works as I do not have swc. Please refer to connection pic.

I think you can ask the installer. Price of unit usually inclusive of all wiring and installation.

For navigation,

It is using Papago X8.5

It comes with SLA(Sg Map), MFM Maps(Sg and My maps), tht(Thailand maps) and navigasi(indonesia maps)

As for the reverse camera, the settings are usually done at HU.

Again, it is still better to ask the installer before buying.

The Blaupunkt office called last week to explain to me that the loud-soft radio issue

is because as mentioned, this is a european set.

In europe, where the signal is weak, the set would lower it's volume to counter for any radio noise or loss.

They say they will update the software in the system for me to disable this feature

The Blaupunkt engineer came to Wee Heng to update my software.

The radio is ok now. Cheers to Wee Heng for helping me to escalate to Blaupunkt for this update.

Have PM you the number that help me to arrange for the upgrade.

Don't think it is good to put the number here.

You can call them and check if they can do it for you at your workshop.

QUOTE (Jasonxu @ Dec 12 2012, 11:03 AM)

hey guys, why not try some new brand car multimedia player? $718 is a little bit expensive

our latest unit comes with:

1, Dual-core ARM A9 1.6G and ARM II processor

2, Android 4.1 system, more fluent and compatible

3, Unlimited upgrading, perfectly support Android 5.0

4, Switch between WINCE and Android, more stable

5, Support WIFI/3G

6, 1080p HD support RMVB all video formats with 1920x1080 decoding

7, Support HD TV-OUT (CVBS, YUV, HDMI)

8, 5.1 Channel high definition audio supports loss-less music format

9, HD touch panel LCD

10, Multi-language menu

etc............

and its price is just around $400...........

the brand name is newsmy, if you are interested, pleasde feel free to contact me.

I'm interested also, can have the details?

Edited by Kokyong57

Neutral Newbie

I have problem with the sound.

Bluetooth sync with my iphone 5 but cannot hear any voice when calling or receiving .. is there any setting to do ?

is the phone book sync very slow ? I give up after 15mins

Neutral Newbie

I have problem with the sound.

Bluetooth sync with my iphone 5 but cannot hear any voice when calling or receiving .. is there any setting to do ?

is the phone book sync very slow ? I give up after 15mins

I am using Lumia 820 Windows Phone 8 and there is no problem at all with the bluetooth. It gets connected quickly and the phone book and calling and call receive work just fine.

Thinking of installing this HU in my car.

Wanna check with you guys, what happens if there are 2 phones paired to the HU and both phones are inside the car simultaneously? Need to manually choose one or both will be able to connect at the same time?

And also, how long does the GPS take to connect? Seconds or minutes?

Edited by Uplinkhack

Neutral Newbie

Thinking of installing this HU in my car.

Wanna check with you guys, what happens if there are 2 phones paired to the HU and both phones are inside the car simultaneously? Need to manually choose one or both will be able to connect at the same time?

And also, how long does the GPS take to connect? Seconds or minutes?

Sorry don't know the anwer to the first part about 2 phones being on BT at the same time as never try out yet. But about the GPS, can share my experience. After installation at Autobac the GPS receiver was nicely concealed in the pillar and the GPS took ages to locate the satellites. Then someone told me about a contact who knows about Blaupunkt system and I sent it down and the guy shifted the receiver to the top left of the dashboard and now it takes just seconds to acquire the satellites if the car is not moving. Most importantly the charge for the job was a most reasonable one.

Sorry don't know the anwer to the first part about 2 phones being on BT at the same time as never try out yet. But about the GPS, can share my experience. After installation at Autobac the GPS receiver was nicely concealed in the pillar and the GPS took ages to locate the satellites. Then someone told me about a contact who knows about Blaupunkt system and I sent it down and the guy shifted the receiver to the top left of the dashboard and now it takes just seconds to acquire the satellites if the car is not moving. Most importantly the charge for the job was a most reasonable one.

thanks for the update.

Saw there is a model New York 830. Any idea what's the difference from 800?

Also saw Blaupunkt website got a 835, is it a new model?

↡ Advertisement