Causes of Food poisoning

Darthrevan

When cashcard was introduced, the garment have the intention to be like the Octopus card.........but don't know why the 'fire' in the garment died down after that......... [laugh]

Other people Octopus is one Octopus with eight tentacles. Ours is so many Octopuses with one tentacle each. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

That's why even got some merchants prefer cash transactions than using NETS...... [furious]

That's why foodcourts have their own version of stored value card instead of simply adopting existing cash card. And they are willing to give you as much as 10% discount with their stored value card. They get upfront lumpsum CASH and need not pay commission to.....

Edited by Kangadrool

No wonder those foodcourts in BKK only use stored value card. No cash.

Not for hygiene reason I guess. More so to makan your unused balance. :D

I hate all these cards with so many limitations and restrictions. Yet, have to LL use them sometimes....

That's why even got some merchants prefer cash transactions than using NETS...... [furious]

You need to meet certain conditions before you can apply for NETS terminal too. Not for everyone and not for new startups.

No wonder those foodcourts in BKK only use stored value card. No cash.

It's not for hygiene purpose........it's to cut the flow of money around the stalls and only the counter will handle cash....... [laugh]

It's not for hygiene purpose........it's to cut the flow of money around the stalls and only the counter will handle cash....... [laugh]

+ 1

for "proper" accounting purpose, so that hawkers don't "run tax".

Not for hygiene reason I guess. More so to makan your unused balance. :D

I hate all these cards with so many limitations and restrictions. Yet, have to LL use them sometimes....

Bro, the card can get refund back one.

Haha, I guessed as much. [laugh]

Hygiene? Mai chai!

Don't need a rocket scientists to tell me that,,.. it's well known since my grandfather time that money is dirty, full of bacteria or viruses....

Same here.... my grandmother told me since I was a kids..... wonder why they still need to survey and experiments to know smth that a houswife with not even primary edu alrd knew... [laugh] [laugh]

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bbreaking-news%5D-4-year-old-dies-after-eating-contaminated-food-northpoint-shopping-centre-4862000.html#post89598534

A four-year-old boy died four days after eating contaminated food bought from a nasi padang stall at a food court, a coroner's court heard.

Shayne Sujith Balasubraamaniam, together with his mother and two-year-old sister, came down with food poisoning on Jan 19 this year, a day after his mother had bought food, including tahu goreng and curry chicken, from a nasi padang stall at Kopitiam food court at Northpoint Shopping Centre.

All three were taken brought to Bukit Batok Polyclinic the next day. Shayne was assessed to be severely dehydrated and was prescribed medication.

He showed apparent signs of recovery, but deteriorated on Jan 22 when his mother found him unconscious at home. He died in hospital about two hours later from salmonella septicaemia.

• Praise 2

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bbreaking-news%5D-4-year-old-dies-after-eating-contaminated-food-northpoint-shopping-centre-4862000.html#post89598534

A four-year-old boy died four days after eating contaminated food bought from a nasi padang stall at a food court, a coroner's court heard.

Shayne Sujith Balasubraamaniam, together with his mother and two-year-old sister, came down with food poisoning on Jan 19 this year, a day after his mother had bought food, including tahu goreng and curry chicken, from a nasi padang stall at Kopitiam food court at Northpoint Shopping Centre.

All three were taken brought to Bukit Batok Polyclinic the next day. Shayne was assessed to be severely dehydrated and was prescribed medication.

He showed apparent signs of recovery, but deteriorated on Jan 22 when his mother found him unconscious at home. He died in hospital about two hours later from salmonella septicaemia.

:o :o

Currently the big food / oil scandals in Taiwan may not be repeated here, but simple hawker food can be just as harmful to innocent and unsuspending consumers.

For all parents, the moment your kid shows dehydration symptoms, bring him to doc n discuss if drip is needed or not. Dont wait until kid is half dead then bring to hospital

How come the boy is the only victim? Shouldn't other patrons who ate the same stuff also experience some form of food poisoning too?

thanks for not starting a new threat, but the news you just posted was not the same cause from the original title. I have amended the title to the causes food poisoning for easy reference.

• Praise 1

How come the boy is the only victim? Shouldn't other patrons who ate the same stuff also experience some form of food poisoning too?

A lot of gastroenteritis going around on a day to day basis.

Due to Improper handling of food. Our warm weather. We like to tabao.

Quite a lot of GE/food poisoning can also be viral.

We usually diagnose based on your history and whether shared contacts have the same symptoms happening soon after ingesting the food. It's not practical to test stool for the more common bacterial antigens cos it takes time. Only the hospital has enough resources to generate the results in a meaningful way.

Outbreak - if each doctor only see 1-2 cases, how to trigger an alert? You won't be sure at all.