Is HK Disneyland worth a visit

Ssbcc

I will be spending 5 days in HongKong next month with my wife and 3 year-old.

Just wondering if Disneyland is worth visiting. I have read mixed reviews on it- some say it is good, others say its overcrowded and unpleasant because of the crowds.

Just wondering if anyone who's been there recently can give me some advice.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Just wondering if Disneyland is worth visiting. I have read mixed reviews on it- some say it is good, others say its overcrowded and unpleasant because of the crowds.

Thanks.

personally i dont thinks it worth going, but for your son and first timer, go ahead, your kids will enjoy it for sure.

Thanks.

Personally found Ocean Park more fun than Disneyland.

Plan to spend the whole day there - don't miss the parade and fireworks at the end of the day.

Other than that - nothing to say.

Wifey supposed to be going in December or March - so come back and share your experience

Thanks.

I just went there last month with wife and kid. Not sure what day you going. I deliberately chose to go on a week day so not that crowded.

i don't find the things(food, souvenirs, etc) there that expensive..its actually cheaper if you compare to universal studios..

You going to HK for 5 days.. If you don't plan to go Disneyland or Ocean park.. your kid will get very bored.

For me, I say its worth it as my daughter really enjoy herself alot! [:)]

Thanks.

3 is about right for Disney HK, if you go around 3rd week of Nov is still ok, i guess the Christmas theme will just started.

I just went there last month with wife and kid. Not sure what day you going. I deliberately chose to go on a week day so not that crowded.

i don't find the things(food, souvenirs, etc) there that expensive..its actually cheaper if you compare to universal studios..

You going to HK for 5 days.. If you don't plan to go Disneyland or Ocean park.. your kid will get very bored.

For me, I say its worth it as my daughter really enjoy herself alot! [:)]

I was also thinking of either Ocean Park or Disneyland. It seems Ocean Park is rated more highly than Disney.

But my girl is in the Disney princess phase right now. :D

Thanks.

Be prepared to be immerse with more PRC than you ever imagine -_-

I was also thinking of either Ocean Park or Disneyland. It seems Ocean Park is rated more highly than Disney.

nothing she can related to in Ocean park, but there are other stuff for her to learn there and i would the say rides not suitable for young children.

Haha.. i can imagine. [:p]

We went to both Ocean Park and Disneyland. Both are great fun for the kid. For me, my main prority is my kid and wife.. so 2 days for kid(Disney and OP)..2 days for wife(Shopping n Shopping!!) 1 day simple sightseeing(The Peak, Avenue of stars, Symphony of lights, street markets...) .. 5 days..

but then one big mistake we made was to go during september....because its very hot..even hotter then Singapore.. better to go during cooler periods Nov - Dec.

I will say go to both if you can spare the time.. your daugther will be thrilled! [thumbsup]

But if really have to chose between the 2. Obvious choice will be disneyland.

Edited by Baphomet

Haha...be prepared to shove or be shoved at disneyland...one of their favorite tactic to jump queue is to send their scouts (child) to squeeze into the front of the queue, then kpkb saying my child is in front then push their way ahead.....

btw they work in huge group of families..... :wacko:

Haha...be prepared to shove or be shoved at disneyland...one of their favorite tactic to jump queue is to send their scouts (child) to squeeze into the front of the queue, then kpkb saying my child is in front then push their way ahead.....

btw they work in huge group of families..... :wacko:

haha i experienced just that.

a group of PRCs tried to cut queue for the ride saying their friends infront.

But the Hongkie Staff practically shooed them back asking them to back off!! and queue up [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Personally found Ocean Park more fun than Disneyland.

Plan to spend the whole day there - don't miss the parade and fireworks at the end of the day.

Other than that - nothing to say.

Wifey supposed to be going in December or March - so come back and share your experience

Yup, I prefer Ocean Park more than the Disneyland.... However, to the kids, I guess they can relate better to the cartoon character than the Ocean Park. I still remember my then 6 year old son got stunned when minnie mouse whizzed into the photo taking room. I guess that's because he realized that was the real thing....

I be going this mid dec..6 days..purposely chose go weekday too, hope not as crowded as wkend.

Plan to go Disney & Ocean park, frds tell me dun go ocean park, no crowd control..

Yup, I prefer Ocean Park more than the Disneyland.... However, to the kids, I guess they can relate better to the cartoon character than the Ocean Park. I still remember my then 6 year old son got stunned when minnie mouse whizzed into the photo taking room. I guess that's because he realized that was the real thing....

Huh? How did Minnie Mouse WHIZZ into the room?

I tot only men did that - and into lifts?

If stay in disney hotel, Go for the breakfast package.

The characters will go to every table and have pictures taken...no need to queue at the disneyland itself....

it depends on your child age

for 3 years old, the kid will love it, especially during the christmas theme season

and the queue for rides for the young kids like merry go round is actually quite short, compared to the adult rides.

do note that the longest queue is not the rides, it is the stupid photo queue for Mickey Mouse! so unless you prepared to queue up to 2 hours, you might want to give up on this

forget about Ocean Park, it is a nightmare in comparison. For some reason, there are 100 times more PRC tourists in Ocean Park compared to Disneyland. The way they cut queue in Ocean Park has to be seen to believe it. They will actually climb partition walls to cut into the queue..

Edited by Aventador
↡ Advertisement