Is HK Disneyland worth a visit

Ssbcc

Internal Moderator

I went when I was about 17 years old with my mum and aunts with a tour group.

Going with older people generally it wouldn't be that fun because they dont take rides. Only my aunt accompanied me for a indoor roller coaster and she screamed all the way inside hahaha. But after that 1 roller coaster, she didn't dare to accompany me take anymore. So all in all, I didn't get to completely enjoy Disneyland. What a waste seriously. Watched the parade and fireworks though.

It's a must for kids~! Both ocean park & disney. Every kid watched disney movies when we were young. to be able to experience it....they will be blown away! hahaha. well at least for me la.

:D

the souvenirs are pretty! i bought many keychains + 3 big dolls of mickey, minnie & goofy! stayed at the hollywood hotel. got disney characters walking around in the lobby and you are able to take photos with them too. plus there's a disney shop inside too. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Which is a better hotel to stay? Disney Hotel or Hollywood Hotel? Is it worth paying for the Club Rooms? Thinking of early December when the climate is nice. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), at that time of the year, clothing sold at the shops are all winter clothing. Less shopping!

hollywood hotel cheaper and more 'fun' for the kids. disney hotel more 'traditional' and ex.

since you'll leave the room early morning and back only after 9.30-10.00pm, better to spend the extra $$ on the kids and makan IMHO. [;)]

hollywood hotel cheaper and more 'fun' for the kids. disney hotel more 'traditional' and ex.

since you'll leave the room early morning and back only after 9.30-10.00pm, better to spend the extra $ on the kids and makan IMHO. [;)]

Do you take roller coaster rides?

u dun gay this family-friendly thread can or not?

I asked you a legitimate question what. You are the one who started gay :D

I will be spending 5 days in HongKong next month with my wife and 3 year-old.

Just wondering if Disneyland is worth visiting. I have read mixed reviews on it- some say it is good, others say its overcrowded and unpleasant because of the crowds.

Just wondering if anyone who's been there recently can give me some advice.

Thanks.

as an adult i will tell you dont bother...

I have been there and dont find them good (well it is part of the travel package so no choice) it is crowded with chinese guests...

but for a 3 years old they shld love it ...

i have stayed both disney and hollywood hotel before...

disney is better cos the character will roam around the premise or at certain timing will be aroud for mingle with kids

hollywood more of a budget one but with disney theme

Edited by Animian

Which is a better hotel to stay? Disney Hotel or Hollywood Hotel? Is it worth paying for the Club Rooms? Thinking of early December when the climate is nice. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?), at that time of the year, clothing sold at the shops are all winter clothing. Less shopping!

i stayed disneyland club room... got food/snack and drinks at club lounge to help ourselve :D

Nice weather to go in dec but mid of dec to end of dec more cooling. If you go in begining of dec sometimes still quite warm. You stay in sheraton? The rate consider not cheap le. [:p]

i going end of december, near to christmas and maybe celebrate christmas in hk. sheraton got one room is harbour suite, price consider good compared to surrounding hotel and room also big. thats y :D

Will it be a long ride to Disney from sheraton? I am still considering if I should expose my kids to amusement park such as disneyland, etc...

or u want to bring them to OP? i intend to stay 3-4 nights in hk, Disney, OP, Lantau Island and the peak is my destination for this trip

HKG MTR is very good and convinient. You can go to almost anywhere by MTR (Except OP whereby you need to change bus)

I stayed at kowloon during my visit.

It took me barely 45mins to reach disneyland. [:)]

i feel that MTR better than MRT, their line seems better and easier to reach destination with many good interchange make trip shorter. moreover i feel like MTR travel faster [laugh]

i going dec :D

u staying which hotel? disney? or stay in city? i staying in tsim sha shui area, probably sheraton [;)]

Staying in HK DL first and moving to YMCA in Tsim Sha Shui :D

thats near to sheraton! anyway i dun like to change hotel, troublesome check in and out plus carry big luggage and also need make sure nth left on the room

How come you are changing hotels? YMCA at TST nice hotel, room quite spacious and if you pay a little more and can see the star avenue fireworks.

Edited by 13177

thats near to sheraton! anyway i dun like to change hotel, troublesome check in and out plus carry big luggage and also need make sure nth left on the room

So when you check in the hotel, dont take out everything in your bags and scatter everything in the room. Then it is easier for you to keep track of your things and keep them when you check out. ^_^

or u want to bring them to OP? i intend to stay 3-4 nights in hk, Disney, OP, Lantau Island and the peak is my destination for this trip

can give the peak a miss la... seriously over rated...

can give the peak a miss la... seriously over rated...

If you never been to the peak, surely must go when you visit HK. But if you went before then can give a miss.

↡ Advertisement