Talk Kok Sing Song Part 20 - Milo & CCF for life!

Jman888

That's why our system is too rigid, don't encourage students to use alternative methods to think and solve problems..

Even up til now, MOE still follows the same old method

I taught maths to a P6 student last year and she tells me cannot use algebra to solve model problem.. even though she's works faster and better with algebra.. <_< <_<

There have been a lot of study done on model method...they found...

For weak students, use model method then success rate go up

For good students - they get more correct answers than by using number sentences

I must also admit, once understand how to draw the model, then can do better with model method than algebra...

(edited)

wah.. no spacing one.. wall of binary code.

who will actually go to the first post, it will be buried in no time [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

Turbocharged

There have been a lot of study done on model method...they found...

For weak students, use model method then success rate go up

For good students - they get more correct answers than by using number sentences

I must also admit, once understand how to draw the model, then can do better with model method than algebra...

Yup.. but once into secondary school, it's algebra all the way til degree and PhD.. why learn something which you won't use for the rest of your studying life?

In my case, my mom taught me algebra so that i can understand the model method, once i'm in secondary school, i dumped model method immediately..

• Praise 1

Bro Bavarian,

the Ford Kuga a nice drive if lookin' for a new SUV....

And then if can find a RHD Couger just nice...have both (more than 35 years old can import lor)

↡ Advertisement