Crime and Punishment - What this girl should have got?

ins1dious

I know I complain about laws not being enforced here in Singapore. We do take it easy on a lot of things compared to other places. My bro visited me from Australia last week and he was astonished that I didn't insist on seat belts for the 2nd row for my wife and mum (the kids on the 3rd row were fastened though). Guilty on that count I guess. But I say, with our (relatively) low speeds, we're get away with slack enforcements that are absolutely necessary in other places.

Case in point... what do you think this girl should have got for the stunt she pulled in Dubai?

Silly girl in Dubai does 170km/h with kids dangling out of the window

Five girls dangled out of car as it clocked 170 km/h

Woman caught racing and performing dangerous stunts

By Habiba Ahmed Abd Elaziz , Staff ReporterPublished: 23:04 October 17, 2012

Dubai: Dubai Police have impounded the car of a young Emirati woman for driving at over 170 km/h with five girls between six and 14 years hanging precariously out of the SUV

↡ Advertisement

Strangely, when the woman, who is in her 20s, was eventually stopped and confronted with a video recording made by the police while following her vehicle, she denied speeding and endangering the lives of her passengers.

I learned recently that it is common for people to deny everything when questioned by police, even when confronted with evidence.

Reason being, whatever they admit, goes into the official report, which is then very hard to retract. So they'll just deny first, and let the investigator do the job of proving that they actually did it.

their land is too wide and too big with relatively less car, they have no idea of SPEED cos they have nothing to run into except with each other [laugh] , the men could be worst travelling at 240km/h [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

I learned recently that it is common for people to deny everything when questioned by police, even when confronted with evidence.

Reason being, whatever they admit, goes into the official report, which is then very hard to retract. So they'll just deny first, and let the investigator do the job of proving that they actually did it.

i think they learnt from their leaders. seems to work quite well. [laugh]

(edited)

their land is too wide and too big with relatively less car, they have no idea of SPEED cos they have nothing to run into except with each other [laugh] , the men could be worst travelling at 240km/h [laugh] [laugh]

lol yea :) I've done it myself. Took the Alfa 147 to 215 (with a tail wind mind you) and Beemer 540i (E60) and Volvo S60 T5 to 250km/h. Sad to say that the roads are too smooth, too wide and too straight to keep speed down. Having said that, in the last 2-3 years, DXB govt. have decided to supplement their income with speed camera's every kilometre or so.

Still, Emirati's accumulating fines of over 100k Dhs per year is not uncommon. I think last year was another woman who had accumulated fines (mostly speeding) of about 170k Dhs over the year.

My nerves are frayed everytime I visit that place nowadays. Way too scary with the speed. Must be getting old.

But for this discussion, I feel car impounded for a year (her family probably owns another 10 so that won't deter her much) and banned for driving for 5 years is more appropriate. And for putting the kids in danger, 6 months jail term. But they're full of pride so that won't happen.

Edited by Habeebhashim

Supersonic

UK version of "good family".

Oxford student who stabbed boyfriend may escape jail term because she was too bright

An Oxford student could be spared from having to serve jail time after stabbing her boyfriend in the leg.

Lavinia Woodward, 24, admitted to a charge of assaulting her ex-boyfriend, unlawfully wounding him by stabbing him in the leg on Sept 30 last year. 

The reason behind the leniency? Miss Woodward is seen as one of the brightest prospects in the medical world and the judge presiding over her case felt that the medical student is considered too bright to have such talent wasted - in jail, that is. 

http://www.asiaone.com/crime/oxford-student-who-stabbed-boyfriend-may-escape-jail-term-because-she-was-too-bright

Turbocharged

UK version of "good family".

This bright girl with too good a talent is also supposed to have posed in the nude for an LGBT calendar