• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I will go with the A5. I'm presuming TS comparing basic models for both.

Used to own the A5 coupe and love every minute driving it. There is so much you can do both aesthetic wise as well as bhp for VW / Audi range of cars and the cost is quite affordable. I did a stg1 MTM, catback exhaust etc and just enjoy everytime when I step on the accelerator.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

C coupe, A5 as mentioned by some, looks the "same" as the A4 n A6...

A5 where got look the same as A4 and A6... -.- rolleyes.gif
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

audi r8

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Jktan78
  • Jktan78
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Was looking at A5 and C Coupe also.

Eventually went for C250 Coupe with AMG kit....

Overall... merc still have better resale and looks more prestige

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Fourth
  • Fourth
    5th Gear
    Author Image

A5 should be compared to E class not C class. No?

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

A5 should be compared to E class not C class. No?

A6 to E, A4 to C. So, A5 has privilege!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Markxfan
  • Markxfan
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

A5 for sure......C coupe for oldies..... biggrin.gif

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

L_club23
  • Premium member
    L_club23
    6th Gear
    Author Image

A5 design looks blardy boring.
If both are free though, I'd choose the A5, sell and buy a C180 coupe and pocket the change... tongue.gif
Morality is just a fiction used by the herd of inferior human beings to hold back the few superior men

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Showtime
  • Showtime
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

a coupe without frameless windows? no way.
Little left of centre-line...

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Veryfree
  • Veryfree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The current Audi design/version like very forgettable compare to the previous one.
Playing with the headlights and not as fierce looking as before.
I still like the previous A5, just so much more purposeful.

I will go with the Merc C.
If you are buying, just go to showroom and test drive.
Also, the car that make u turn your head more will prob be the car u like more.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, both make heads turn. One in zouk, the other in geylang. Ps . No prize for guessing it right.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Veryfree
  • Veryfree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

A5 design looks blardy boring.
If both are free though, I'd choose the A5, sell and buy a C180 coupe and pocket the change... tongue.gif

There are still many who believes merc is still king... so 80s.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Veryfree
  • Veryfree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The current Audi design/version like very forgettable compare to the previous one.
Playing with the headlights and not as fierce looking as before.
I still like the previous A5, just so much more purposeful.

I will go with the Merc C.
If you are buying, just go to showroom and test drive.
Also, the car that make u turn your head more will prob be the car u like more.
biggrin.gif

Merc is a safer choice for a greying mass no doubt.

Posted 18 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

MaxLim
  • MaxLim
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I can't decide which one, both are nice in styling in it's own design.
Power wise definitely thumbs up on A5, C Coupe not too bad too.

Need your kind comments on them, cheers!

You can try looking at this unit bro. Nice catch for u. 

Edited by MaxLim, 18 August 2018 - 05:45 PM.

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

motoent
  • motoent
    Banned

Between an Audi A5 and a C Class Mercedes Coupe, I would go with the Audi, but I am not sure they are the same class.  Some would argue that the Mercedes equivalent of the A5 is the E Class Coupe (which is built on the C Class Sedan chassis), and the Audi A7 then compares to the Mercedes CLS (based on the E Class Sedan chassis).

You are right that the A5 and the C Class Coupe are more comparable in terms of price, but that may be a function of Mercedes being the more expensive brand.

The C Class Coupe does have a sleek design, inside and out, though I never liked the "diamond" grille--no matter whether the plastic knobs are painted silver or kept black.  The central star design looked better before.

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

motoent
  • motoent
    Banned

Here is what the A5 looks like driving on the German Autobahn, by the way:

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: Audi , Merc , Coupe

2019 Audi Q8 Go to unread post 36 replies
2nd Generation Audi A5 / RS5 Go to unread post 23 replies
2020 Audi Q3 Sportback Go to unread post 6 replies
Which car? Go to unread post 241 replies