• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

CMS
  • CMS
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anybody heard of Absolute Tint solar film. A lot of good reviews but want to hear more from the gurus.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Longman
  • Longman
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i'm no where near a guru...looking for good solar film myself...

been asking around..but my friend on the vagsg side gave me a few 'warnings' about absolute tint...

http://www.vagsg.com...ead.php?t=41663
http://vagsg.com/for...ead.php?t=51735

I'm not judging whether these cases are true or not...but..just food for thought.

I'm still struggling between vkool, 3m and huper optik..these are probably the brands i know but a bit on pricey end...if anyone have any recommendations, please share...i travel up to malaysia quite a bit for work and am told that solar film can also help prevent glass break in? any truth to this?

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

been asking around..but my friend on the vagsg side gave me a few 'warnings' about absolute tint...

I'm not judging whether these cases are true or not...but..just food for thought.

I'm still struggling between vkool, 3m and huper optik..these are probably the brands i know but a bit on pricey end...if anyone have any recommendations, please share...i travel up to malaysia quite a bit for work and am told that solar film can also help prevent glass break in? any truth to this?

Some car's windscreen is already UV protected. It's a waste of $$$ to tint unless you want to add colour/darken it further. Note: Darkness does not equate level of protection. In fact, clear film with UV & IRR protection is more expensive than dark film with UV & IRR protection.

Edited by Kangadrool, 01 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Spidey10
  • Spidey10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bros, any good shops to recommend on the East side??? - no need high tech, just something cheap but decent....can 200 bucks enough to get it done?

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Linlaopei

Bros, any good shops to recommend on the East side??? - no need high tech, just something cheap but decent....can 200 bucks enough to get it done?

i did mine at tinsycool.. look for trent chan.. friendly boss..

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Wolfy3769
  • Wolfy3769
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, same apply to sunglass..

when dark, our iris open up.. if the glass dont block the UV.. more UV will get into ur eye..
thus more damage..

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Spidey10
  • Spidey10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i did mine at tinsycool.. look for trent chan.. friendly boss..

Thanks bro, can pm me the contact? Appreciate it

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I did mine @ Zencool
Good and cheap.
Effective too!
http://www.zencar.com.sg/solar.html

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Relagsingh
  • Premium member
    Relagsingh
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Anybody heard of Absolute Tint solar film. A lot of good reviews but want to hear more from the gurus.

Avoid. Absolute rubbish.

PM me if u need further info.
.:.:.:.:.::: Shoot the driver... Not the car :::.:.:.:.:.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Gohsj89
  • Premium member
    Gohsj89
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Did mine at TINT INC.

Big difference between Got put and Never put.

Also another Big difference between Got put and Put VKOOL.

Got my point?

Mine is $388 package.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Kwanheng
  • Kwanheng
    Banned

can, but one during hot day. your skin might be roasted while in car
This is what happens when you do not follow Law :signature guidelines]

chery hafei geely chevy.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

EricTeh
  • EricTeh
    Banned

actually i tried using solar film for home windows in my car
and it works just the same

still need a razor blade to cut
and make sure no bubbles

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Tweakmax2
  • Tweakmax2
    Banned

house film cheaper? where to do it?

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

EricTeh
  • EricTeh
    Banned

house film cheaper? where to do it?

diy

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Inlinefour
  • Premium member
    Inlinefour
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro...you can check CoolnLite Titan Film out...not too bad also...

Make Love Not War

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

Newbielee
  • Newbielee
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I did mine @ Zencool
Good and cheap.
Effective too!
http://www.zencar.com.sg/solar.html

Bro any idea how much is the package for the premium films for whole car?

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I hate solar film that is too dark, as I like my view to be bright. I think you can't go wrong woth Vcool or ritecool (cannot remember the name)

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hate solar film that is too dark, as I like my view to be bright. I think you can't go wrong woth Vcool or ritecool (cannot remember the name)

I have used, V-cool, Rikecool and 3M.

They are not dark films and the view is bright and acceptable.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Macrotrust
  • Macrotrust
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Try huper optic it is very good but a bit pricey- go for the top brand u will not regret. went to tinsycool today to darken.. look for trent chan the boss price wise i think is OK and workmanship is good. they are open 7 days a week.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good reviews?

Not what I read.

biggrin.gif
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Han Revolution

Han Revolution  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by WendellYong  |  Neutral Newbie

Went over to Eric for ICE upgrade. He walked me through various sets and worked out a reasonable price/package for ICE + Soundproofing. Good experience with his 2 staff at AMK outlet as well. Had a little issue post-installation but was rectified quickly when I came back. Overall great experience. » Read More

CLH Tyres Trading

CLH Tyres Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AndyYexun  |  Neutral Newbie

Kaisen is very knowledgeable of the different tyres and the use of it. He was very patient in explaining to someone who know nothing about in this field. They are very efficient and reasonably priced. Will definitely recommend to my friends and family! Keep up the good work! » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Solar Films & Tinting

Quick Reply

Tags: solar, film, brand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users