Beware : Singapore Post Office at Blk 727 AMK Ave 6

Mcf777

For those who frequent this branch, pls be aware that their weighing machine at the counter charge higher compare to their self-service machine. I used the counter that is nearer to the exit/entrance area. I forgoten the counter no.

I mailed a local Singapore documents.

Self-service machine : 245g at S$1

Counter machine : 250g at S$1.50

I paid S$1.50 at the counter. Feeling buay song (being cheated), i walked back and demand for the difference S$0.50.

Which government department in charge of catching market stall owner "eat chin tao" (cheat extra gram in hokkien)?

I must forward them this email.

==================================

Below are their reply. Almost faint [dizzy][dizzy] after reading it.

They didnt even mention that they are going to do anything.

That means continue to "eat chin tao"

Dear XXX

We apologise for not being able to respond to you as we were in the midst of checking this with the business manager. We deeply regret to hear of your unpleasant experience.

The self service machine at Ang Mo Kio Central Post Office is working fine.However the weighing scale at the parcel counter is sometimes not accurate because of the pressure from the air conditioner blower above the the parcel counter. Extra few grammes are sometimes added due to this.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,

XXX

Customer Care Officer

Customer Care & Excellence

Singapore Post Limited (Reg. No. 199201623M)

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement

..... 5g difference, not as if 50g difference. I mean it's kinda hard for this kind of case also, this kind of weighing cannot be 100% accurate and impossible to synconise till ZERO g difference.

Neutral Newbie

wow like that also can

can you imagine that kind of excuse also can

like that next time i take too much sweet potato

at red light

suddenly cannot control fart

car move forward

then camera blink blink

kena caught for beating red light

then write to TP about genuine reason

about sweet potato

do you think like that can escape fine

For those who frequent this branch, pls be aware that their weighing machine at the counter charge higher compare to their self-service machine. I used the counter that is nearer to the exit/entrance area. I forgoten the counter no.

I mailed a local Singapore documents.

Self-service machine : 245g at S$1

Counter machine : 250g at S$1.50

I paid S$1.50 at the counter. Feeling buay song (being cheated), i walked back and demand for the difference S$0.50.

Which government department in charge of catching market stall owner "eat chin tao" (cheat extra gram in hokkien)?

I must forward them this email.

==================================

Below are their reply. Almost faint [dizzy][dizzy] after reading it.

They didnt even mention that they are going to do anything.

That means continue to "eat chin tao"

Dear XXX

We apologise for not being able to respond to you as we were in the midst of checking this with the business manager. We deeply regret to hear of your unpleasant experience.

The self service machine at Ang Mo Kio Central Post Office is working fine.However the weighing scale at the parcel counter is sometimes not accurate because of the pressure from the air conditioner blower above the the parcel counter. Extra few grammes are sometimes added due to this.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you once again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,

XXX

Customer Care Officer

Customer Care & Excellence

Singapore Post Limited (Reg. No. 199201623M)

Try SPRING they are the Governor of all weighting scale, scale are calibrated and certified by them too

50cents or S$1, no issue. What needs to pay, i will pay.

But this is outright cheating even though they know what causes it.

What makes you so sure that they are outright to cheat? I mean yes, there is weight difference by 5g, but the problem is that this kind of difference difficult to be notice by staff working there as normally people also do not even notice any difference unless just like the 5 g difference and pay additional 50c.

What I am trying to say is " not to come to conclusion so fast " a lot of things are just Never perfect.. and you complained, I am sure they will take some action and rectify it.

*Must be fair to Singapore Post management also.

Edited by Yewheng

What makes you so sure that they are outright to cheat? I mean yes, there is weight difference by 5g, but the problem is that this kind of difference difficult to be notice by staff working there as normally people also do not even notice any difference unless just like the 5 g difference and pay additional 50c.

What I am trying to say is " not to come to conclusion so fast " a lot of things are just Never perfect.. and you complained, I am sure they will take some action and rectify it.

*Must be fair to Singapore Post management also.

Didn't TS receive confirmation from Singpost that is cause by the AC?

letter are light.. so they should have machine with the necessary accuracy...

i think they use electronics.. dont tell me they can get one @ +/-0.1g accuracy??

if like that all gold shop can place their machine below aircon ... and then switch to the uber cold liao..

easily additional 5g of profit....

should ask for their calibration label, check the expiry date... if within... then write down the serial # and then call up the calibration centre (lagi best if is Spring).... if expired liao... then can kpkb.. bang table liao...

The problem can be easily over by having two weighing scales - one for letter/small items up to 500g which has a resolution of 1g and the other for parcels up to 30kg which normally will have resolution of 5g.

I frequent this centre almost everyday, sometime twice a day. This centre has been voted the top best centre in term of service but lately the standard has drop quiet seriously due to change of manager and key staff.

bro, try it the next time u are there. see whether any differences.

I dont stay there. that's my 1st time visiting the branch/counter. i hardly mail odd size document. thanks.

I have two weighing scales that will take care of all my parcels so I know how much each parcel weigh. Currently I have cut out all local reg mails and speedposts instead I am using AM Mail ( up 300g) and smartpac ( up to 3kg). Any goods that cannot go in to AM Mail or samrtpac box due to size, I use TA Q Bin courier. Very easy to arrange for pick up and within schedule.

I am not disputing your claim neither I am with Singpost.

Maybe the scale faulty lah. 5g is not a great deal. If your package 240g and the scale show 245g, you still pay the same. Problem is 250g is another price.

Turbocharged

Didn't TS receive confirmation from Singpost that is cause by the AC?

need to conduct a COI to check what causes the increase in weight and recommendation to resolve the problem [laugh] [laugh]

which measurement apparatus don't have error margin? air draughts can cause anomalous readings, that is a fact. if you want to make an issue, i suggest you make a more constructive one like asking them to resite the present scale or get a scale with movable flaps that can block out air draughts.

Errornous? Maybe.... outright cheating? I suggest you watch the choice of word....

Errornous? Maybe.... outright cheating? I suggest you watch the choice of word....

They know the reason but kept quiet and many people unsuspect.

Only a cheat will not call this cheating. :D

They know the reason but kept quiet and many people unsuspect.

Only a cheat will not call this cheating. :D

Yeah right, as if the excess and put In their pocket, which shows how easy to spot a dumbass

Edited by Tjkbeluga
↡ Advertisement