Beware : Singapore Post Office at Blk 727 AMK Ave 6

Mcf777

need to conduct a COI to check what causes the increase in weight and recommendation to resolve the problem [laugh] [laugh]

You mean set up a committee consisting of foreign experts to determine the reason non accurate weighting scale. [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

perspective : if i sold a lot of stuff on ebay and had to bear 10 x $0.5 daily, and I made 25 trips a month ... thats already $125. (and for power sellers, its not that uncommon)

sure, its not a lot to Singpost, its not a lot to many of us ... but to some people its still money. why throw it away for no good reason? shouldn't there be a cover over the scale like those in gem stores (where its boxed up to give a ore accurate weighing?)

there must be an acceptable standard deviation of the scales being used by Singpost. maybe the TS can find that out. if its within range, then cest la vie.

use a better example, if the camera flash twice and the car still in the same position, how to prove it is beating red light -_- -_-

wow like that also can

can you imagine that kind of excuse also can

like that next time i take too much sweet potato

at red light

suddenly cannot control fart

car move forward

then camera blink blink

kena caught for beating red light

then write to TP about genuine reason

about sweet potato

do you think like that can escape fine

letter are light.. so they should have machine with the necessary accuracy...

i think they use electronics.. dont tell me they can get one @ +/-0.1g accuracy??

if like that all gold shop can place their machine below aircon ... and then switch to the uber cold liao..

easily additional 5g of profit....

should ask for their calibration label, check the expiry date... if within... then write down the serial # and then call up the calibration centre (lagi best if is Spring).... if expired liao... then can kpkb.. bang table liao...

In my course of work, we do use weighing scale with accuracy +/-0.1g. Calibrated at half yearly interval......and i am not talking about precision engineering......

Singpost such a big organisation cannot afford such weighing scale? And best of all, they know the root cause of such inaccuracy!

(edited)

If the person who had replied my email say that they will go n correct this problem, i would take it as a honest mistake.

They didnt mention means bo chap.

Bro sp4wn gave a good example.

Those who do kacat puteh ebay business selling costume jewellery business of profit $1or $3 per deal will definitely feel the pinch.

Edited by Mcf777

Errornous? Maybe.... outright cheating? I suggest you watch the choice of word....

They already knew this problem from the way they wrote me the reply.

Aiyo, like dat also open for discussion. I pity u paying extra 50 cts. If I kena I also buay song.

Singpost can just relocate the weighing machine so that it will not kena the aircon blower pressure and check if there is any diff in the weight reading, if confirm got diff den put it somewhere else lah!!! Wat the BIG deal??

From what I know the typical commercial digital scale needs to be calibrated according to manufacturers recommendations. This has to be done regularly in order to have an accurate reading. I suspect they cut cost and reduce the number of time for the scale to be calibrated.

Having a tolerance of 0.5 to 1 grams is ok but 5 grams is little too much.

From what I know the typical commercial digital scale needs to be calibrated according to manufacturers recommendations. This has to be done regularly in order to have an accurate reading. I suspect they cut cost and reduce the number of time for the scale to be calibrated.

Having a tolerance of 0.5 to 1 grams is ok but 5 grams is little too much.

I think you mean frequency. For precision instruments such as this, usually the norm is for the manufacturer or the authorised dealer to calibrate for you. And on such machines, you got a sticker label stating the last calibration date and the next date of calibration.

i dont know whether they really cut costs till this extent but i would think that Singpost probably buy their mail scales in batches and by tenders so the number of scales we are talking about could be substantial enough for the dealer to sensibly offer free calibration.

Hell, i order 1x cyanide ion concentration measurement probe from the manufacturer nia, the dealer is nice to send a sweet girl to come teach me how to use. Every time i got problem, i call her, she will come down pronto. Too bad, i am supposed to calibrate this equipment myself. [rolleyes]

errrrr............ just take it as service charge and you will feel a bit better... -_-

everywhere is the same now, take a look at Kopithiam, use their card got 10% discount, ntuc outlets, use own bag save 10c .... and so on..... :ph34r:

See this link : http://www.spring.gov.sg/qualitystandards/...-programme.aspx

I use a small digital scale up to 1kg with an accuracy of 0.1g for weighing my r/c heli blades. 0.1g of difference matters a whole lot and causes vibration.

I use another digital scale up to 30kg with an accuracy of 0.1g for weighing my stuffs from r/c heli all up weight to travelling suitcase weight.

I have another digital scale to weigh myself, up to 150kg. :D

i doubt his main issue is the 5g here.. but the 50c..

how can 5g=50c?

You never read properly TS Posting?

Self-service machine : 245g at S$1

Counter machine : 250g at S$1.50

They already knew this problem from the way they wrote me the reply.

Ah ok.... Sorry, I missed that.... In that case they ought to be impaled.... [laugh]

More like they are complacent in just keeping things as is....

50cents or S$1, no issue. What needs to pay, i will pay.

But this is outright cheating even though they know what causes it.

Bold words made with your allegation.

Anyway, ... needn't be so gek-gao la ... few grams only ... just so happen that your 5gm difference resulted in a $0.50 difference in charges.

Do you ascertain that you're getting that exact volume of coffee, each and everytime you purchase - as after all, .. you're paying the same amount, no?

Bold words made with your allegation.

Anyway, ... needn't be so gek-gao la ... few grams only ... just so happen that your 5gm difference resulted in a $0.50 difference in charges.

Do you ascertain that you're getting that exact volume of coffee, each and everytime you purchase - as after all, .. you're paying the same amount, no?

So everytime u top up fuel, pump station give u less 0.5L u not gey gao also???

For 95, 1L = S$2.05 before discounts

So 0.5L = S$1.025 before discounts

S$1 only, no need gey gao???

↡ Advertisement