Do officials still check the 3/4 tank rule at causeway?

Zxcvb

There is no black and white that say so. As usual, the law has loophole and it doesn't mean it has been approved officially. The law says specifically all foreign registered cars, didn't say who is the driver (whether foreigner or Malaysian). Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

Regards,

The regular caltex station i pump got official notice (sticker pasted at the pump) that states dat foreign reg vehicles can pump 95 is can produce MyKad.

↡ Advertisement

Long time no go JB pump..last weekend pump surprised to see petrol RM2.50 for 97..

Today radio 91.3 was also saying custom don't check often, close 1 eye.wait for sting operation then they catch whoever they can.

ccb..tis wkend custom sure siao on.

Was forgetful, request someone in MCF to enlighten me in the first place, why this 3/4 ruling came about because of what huh? Why was the need to come out with such a rule which restrict the freedom of purchasing pertol from MY? Is it because of the tax on SG petrol which may potentially a lose of revenue from the gov? [:|]

Turbocharged

Long time no go JB pump..last weekend pump surprised to see petrol RM2.50 for 97..

Today radio 91.3 was also saying custom don't check often, close 1 eye.wait for sting operation then they catch whoever they can.

ccb..tis wkend custom sure siao on.

i smell a trap <_<

juz curious, has anyone tried (or heard of anyone trying) buying petrol in those specialized containers n bring back to sg? will customs check n tax u?

The regular caltex station i pump got official notice (sticker pasted at the pump) that states dat foreign reg vehicles can pump 95 is can produce MyKad.

Yep, saw that on Shell station too....

Turbocharged

Was forgetful, request someone in MCF to enlighten me in the first place, why this 3/4 ruling came about because of what huh? Why was the need to come out with such a rule which restrict the freedom of purchasing pertol from MY? Is it because of the tax on SG petrol which may potentially a lose of revenue from the gov? [:|]

sg govt takes 35% of pump price without GST, or $0.44 per litre (whichever is higher).

so everybody went over to pump in MY, which does not tax their petrol yet subsidise them.

so SG intro 1/2 tank rule (in the 80s)

over time SG need more tax money to pay million dollar ministar salaries.

so now intro 3/4 tank rule.

maybe after next election its 7/8 tank rule.

juz curious, has anyone tried (or heard of anyone trying) buying petrol in those specialized containers n bring back to sg? will customs check n tax u?

stall your car (no petrol in tank) at the custom & i dun think you be taxed...

sg govt takes 35% of pump price without GST, or $0.44 per litre (whichever is higher).

so everybody went over to pump in MY, which does not tax their petrol yet subsidise them.

so SG intro 1/2 tank rule (in the 80s)

over time SG need more tax money to pay million dollar ministar salaries.

so now intro 3/4 tank rule.

maybe after next election its 7/8 tank rule.

Thanks you sir for the clarification, so it is still due to lost of potential revenue, also wondering why there are no freedom of market...... [confused]

There is no black and white that say so. As usual, the law has loophole and it doesn't mean it has been approved officially. The law says specifically all foreign registered cars, didn't say who is the driver (whether foreigner or Malaysian). Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

Regards,

There are some stations with the sign "Malaysians driving Singapore cars RON95 no limit" , dunno is it the law or they ownself put 1..

Same as why one cannot bring in Chicken rice from Malaysia.

Malaysia has subsidised many commodities like petrol, oil, salt, rice, chicken, etc. So not allowed to bring it into Singapore.

Why are we bowing to these rules ?

SGP loves to follow british examples,

the british have different rates at petrol stations as they are not a cartel.

You are also free to go anywhere in the EU to pump fuel.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks you sir for the clarification, so it is still due to lost of potential revenue, also wondering why there are no freedom of market...... [confused]

Where got freedom of market???

Use roads also kena pay(ERP). Road tax already kena pay. Still got many potholes on our roads!

Register car kena pay(COE).

Might as well buy HDB house also come out with COE system!

Like that can control demand.

Why register vehicles cannot use hdb ballot system?

Come on la local born Singaporeans, we are too nice aren't we?

Always give give give.............. [knife]

Supercharged

i think the MY garment is damm stupid.

they could have implement a system where they can charge full price for SG cars. On the fuel pump, they can install dual pricing, one for MY car, one for SG car.

once a SG car drives in to a pump, the attendent just press a switch to activate the full price. A light indicator can be installed on top of the pump, differentiating to the cashiers whether its a SG or MY car.

no need to do anythng else.....

I find that showing MY ID car is pointless... a SG car is a SG car. what's the logic of showing MY ID card? the driver may be a MY, but the car is not......

They will catch even more of those flaunting the 3/4 tank rule if the officers at the immigration would stop playing with their mobile phones or talking to girls or MIA totally.

I think the officers at the custom will catch more if they are given a commission for anyone caught flaunting the 3/4 tank rule. [scholar]

If u r malaysian tax payer, will u want all sporean to come and pump ur oil that use ur money to subsidise? Its like robbing the ppl money. Thats why such rules r in place to protect both parties

↡ Advertisement