Do officials still check the 3/4 tank rule at causeway?

Zxcvb

why are we talking about this 3/4 for so long.  Aiyo, drive car drive until so 'charm'....then don't drive better.  Like some say, we already paid a bomb for our cars, and now want to 'Giam Siap' on petrol.  Esp the stupid white BMW that died on the causeway and those car-shakers....I mean really 'Sia Suay' SG.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Diesel cars do not need to fulfill this 3/4 tank ruling.

I just read the link given by other forumer.

yes, because diesel is not taxed at the pump on a per L basis.

wonder if any diesel car kena check n the driver/owner need to prove that it's a diesel car...

yes, because diesel is not taxed at the pump on a per L basis.

wonder if any diesel car kena check n the driver/owner need to prove that it's a diesel car...

Open up the cap and smell loh...

• Praise 1

Is QueenBee or Marchinta still operating ? :wacko:

Last visit 34 yrs ago ... :secret-laugh:

Hall of famer?

PM your contact if found I get em to look for you to catch up on good ol days.

OT is good, if ICA reading this hur hur hur.

• Praise 1

Next, SG Customs will have new ruling to check all SG cars that come back from M'sia with empty tank. Haha...

Wow!

This idea cfm so much better than the 3/4 rule. [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

No horse run... [rifle]  [rifle]  [rifle]

Maybe should ensure cars go JB must have 3/4

come back also must only up to 3/4

BUT !!!!

JB car come in must 1/4

go out must full.

fair enough ?

Maybe should ensure cars go JB must have 3/4

come back also must only up to 3/4

BUT !!!!

JB car come in must 1/4

go out must full.

fair enough ?

This is good for local cartels for sure

Too troublesome liao. Go in come back, come in go back all full tank. No problem liao.

The best solution is no check, no rule, let's market force decides the migration through the causeway.

Too troublesome liao. Go in come back, come in go back all full tank. No problem liao.

The best solution is no check, no rule, let's market force decides the migration through the causeway.

This will never work out, as it will cost the Singapore government a huge loss in revenue from petrol excise duties.

This will never work out, as it will cost the Singapore government a huge loss in revenue from petrol excise duties.

That is the reason I think many of us car owners can't understand..... Having the 3/4 rule is in fact helping the cartels and not the car owners. Of course, the cartels and the government can give us many facts why our petrol cost more than across the causeway but why is it that as a consumer, we cannot have an alternative to pay for cheaper petrol? It's not as if it is very convenient to cross the causeway during peak hours... We already contribute a lot to our country's revenue by being a car owner and yet we cannot have some breathing space by having the freedom to opt for cheaper petrol?

Maybe somebody can give me a better explanation as to why 3/4 rule is still needed???

• Praise 1

That is the reason I think many of us car owners can't understand..... Having the 3/4 rule is in fact helping the cartels and not the car owners. Of course, the cartels and the government can give us many facts why our petrol cost more than across the causeway but why is it that as a consumer, we cannot have an alternative to pay for cheaper petrol? It's not as if it is very convenient to cross the causeway during peak hours... We already contribute a lot to our country's revenue by being a car owner and yet we cannot have some breathing space by having the freedom to opt for cheaper petrol?

Maybe somebody can give me a better explanation as to why 3/4 rule is still needed???

$$$$$$$$$$ REVENUE $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Period.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1